Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Voodoo  (Read 5158 times)

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Re: Voodoo
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 03:20:48 pm »

Well, what about psycho? A drug that makes me more resistant? Please.
However, there could be magic. Just is not magic. For the Hakunin or Sulik thing, look there
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Psyker
And tell me that it's impossible. They were even in the Cathedral.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 07:41:57 pm »

You do realize that all those tribals were tripping like shit on selfmade drugs and thus "saw" things?
Where in Fallout Lore do the people of arroyo do a bunch of drugs and trip out?

Hakunin appaearing in your dreams is just a developers device to say Hurry the fuck up.  ::)

lol....  By that mentality the whole game is a developers device.  This gun you were just given before an attack is a developers device saying start shooting some people.     The sand around you is a developers device saying your in a desert. 

It doesn't disprove the fact that Hakunin visited you in your dreams as a spirit in fallout lore.

And now cut it, we've already established a few times why this won't happen. jonny rust summarized it aswell
And here you basically say "Stfu".   Wonderful.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 08:09:32 pm »

drugs in fallout: the elder-medicine-woman in the first sequence when starting out in fallout 2 has a massive bong siting next to her.

anyway, we are arguing over 1 point of luck here which we haven't even decided is a good idea explanations aside. Do crippler builds need this? Aren't they already powerful enough? why don't we just think of a more useful purpose for voodoo?

I think its best potential to be in the game is as a weaker variant of a drug that already exists, craftable either without a profession but with certain amount of outdoors and first aid or with lvl 1 doctor to give early chars a bit some edge when competing with stronger ones. Voodoo could be to healing powder as jet is to stimpacks and I think doctor builds would appreciate the added usefulness of their first profession level.

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 11:36:30 pm »

anyway, we are arguing over 1 point of luck here which we haven't even decided is a good idea explanations aside. Do crippler builds need this? Aren't they already powerful enough? why don't we just think of a more useful purpose for voodoo?

That's a good remark i guess. If it still boosted LK what would you like more: (+1LK, -2EN) or (+2LK, -3EN) or (+2LK, -2EN, -1ST) or (+3LK, -3EN, -1ST, -1CH) or smth. else?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:39:19 pm by fylhtqrby »

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 11:23:24 am »

I think its best potential to be in the game is as a weaker variant of a drug that already exists, craftable either without a profession but with certain amount of outdoors and first aid or with lvl 1 doctor to give early chars a bit some edge when competing with stronger ones. Voodoo could be to healing powder as jet is to stimpacks and I think doctor builds would appreciate the added usefulness of their first profession level.
Ok, for me is good. Someone got some useless comments without reason to destroy this?
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 01:51:50 pm »

Meh, i wouldnt wanna enhance luck anyway as it is on 10 always, because luck makes me the wizard of california!

Jokes aside, i don't care much about luck anyway, its either on 1 or 6 in my characters (yes i like a good exploding gun in my face). But +LK is a thing that doesnt make much sense to me from the realistic game view i share with some other hippsters players.

Drugs should always be thought out well and balanced with already existing drugs.
As this drug doesnt change much I rather go the lexx-way and say it's nonsense to get something trivial like +1 LK as it is only 1% crit and some stuff on roll-tables we mostly don't know anything about.

oh and I also thought this suggestion is about voodoo dolls and stuff.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:54:10 pm by Andr3aZ »
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 03:33:22 pm »

Drugs should always be thought out well and balanced with already existing drugs.
As this drug doesnt change much I rather go the lexx-way and say it's nonsense to get something trivial like +1 LK as it is only 1% crit

I thought 1 point of LK gives at least 3.4% of crit chance to eyes. Is this formula aimed_crit_chance=(60+4*luck)/100*aim bonus+crit_chance wrong?

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 04:36:43 pm »

fylhtqrby,
Your formular is right my friend. But it doesnt change the fact that it gives you 1% crit, i just didn't list the other improved percentual crit chances of every body part except the torso(unaimed) as they arent that much improved.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:22:52 pm by Graf »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.