"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New (?) suggestions about armors  (Read 3494 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: New (?) suggestions about armors
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 01:13:28 pm »

I liked the part where they posted the charts.

Work blocks the charts, which makes the thread look pretty funny :)

New metal armor is like WTF   No one would use it. Armors are useless against aimed EW weapons. Bypass, bypass, bypass...

CritMod, CritMod, CritMod :P

Or

Gatling Laser, Gatling Laser, Gatliing Laser (I like this one :)) :P

Solar could you show us stats for Enclave Combat Armor?

They would be on the dedicated armour spreadsheet which I don't have at the moment. Its pretty simple though, BCA and Enclave are CAII with slight boosts - I think BCA was boost to normal and explosive and enclave was to plasma. Been a while since I did them though - those that can see the charts can tell you what BCA is slightly boosted against
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 01:20:02 pm »

Then, there will be the crit modifier that I've mentioned before - both for Helmets and Armours. Its possible for us to reduce the crit chance (this will happen for all armours and helmets to varying degrees) and the crit effect (I'm not sure if I will use this yet, maybe when we have lots of different helmet types).

I'm concerned about this change. At the moment snipers/criplers rely mostly on crit chance. When it comes to BG vs SG the only way to win the fight is to get critical. Moreover big gunners are already more powerful than SG and are more likely to win 1vs1 combat. If the critical chance gonna be lessened then sniper and crippler build, and in general small gunners, well maybe apart from 3x bursters are going to be pretty much useless :/

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 01:37:18 pm »

Firehand I suggest you to wait for full wipe changelog before whine.

CritMod. maybe some charts about it? ;D

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 01:41:15 pm »

CritMod. maybe some charts about it?

Not made them yet, which makes the complaints about their power quite funny - seems things no longer even need to exist before they can be complained about :)

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 02:04:51 pm »

I wonder how rare are combat armors going to be if gatling laser is supposed to be useful weapon.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 02:16:08 pm »

Firehand I suggest you to wait for full wipe changelog before whine.

CritMod. maybe some charts about it? ;D

Well manero, you obvioulsy misunderstood what i have written. The thing is that at the moment small gunners are already weaker than big gunners. So i hope there's going to be some compensation to small gunners. I understand also that critical hits to many people seems unfair, but in the same time when you deal 2 bursts in a turn and kill the opponent it's fine. Bursts deal a great amount of damage, but small gunners like snipers/criplers don't have that powerful weapons, so without high cirtical chance they are helpless against big gunners. In my opinion, either the critical chance should stay high or the damage dealt by snipers/criplers should be increased significantly.

Not made them yet, which makes the complaints about their power quite funny - seems things no longer even need to exist before they can be complained about :)

Well, my previous post was a result of a concern and I think it's better to post concerns before something happens, because they are generally more useful then :)

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 02:49:56 pm »

The thing is that at the moment small gunners are already weaker than big gunners.

Stop hiding Gauss pistols in tent and  use it. Its top weapon in game and its SG.
Also take P90 (2 or 3 bursts) and and try it vs BG, same with 223. pistol (2 eye shots).

Stop whining !
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 02:51:03 pm »

Well manero, you obvioulsy misunderstood what i have written. The thing is that at the moment small gunners are already weaker than big gunners.

Mmmmmh.... No? Not at all actually, it's reverse.

So i hope there's going to be some compensation to small gunners. I understand also that critical hits to many people seems unfair, but in the same time when you deal 2 bursts in a turn and kill the opponent it's fine.

You can't make a 2 burst 1 kill anymore since much time.

Bursts deal a great amount of damage, but small gunners like snipers/criplers don't have that powerful weapons, so without high cirtical chance they are helpless against big gunners. In my opinion, either the critical chance should stay high or the damage dealt by snipers/criplers should be increased significantly.

Don't have powerful weapon? DKS, gauss pistol, .223 pistol are great weapons, and can easily beat a big gunner right now.

But it's pointless to complain about system which gonna be totally changed. What we really want is MOAR CHARTS FROM SOLAR!
Come on, make us dream, more info about this brand new awesome system !
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 04:21:36 pm »

Maybe we shoud try to stick to the topic : ARMORS.

Thanks for all those precious infos, Solar.
So we will have a little boost to "low" armors, a little decrease to the "top" armors, and two new armors. And we will have few new perks against evil crits.
Ok.
But I'm not sure those changes will be that visible on the battlefield.
I mean, the survival rate will more depend on HP than armors, like now.
And we all know which kind of character has more HP than others.
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 07:29:45 pm »

Hopeully enough is changed that noone knows how it will work. There's more scope to defend vs crippling - but also more room to get HP or DR vs bursters.

There's going to be a way to be very hard to hit (hopefully allowing low range weapons to be a real factor), sneak will be available to lots more people but be more situational (again hopefully allowing low range to shine)

A dedicated medic will really be able to heal lots of HP (combined with the greater durability in general, meaning more heals per life too).

Then you have a totally new merc system to add onto that.

Loads of variables are changing, I don't pretend that it will be perfect balance because there is little chance - but changing these attributes isn't what takes the time, so we can refine these things via playtesting quite quickly. What is important at this stage is we create more options that are viable.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.