"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 05:23:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Project v13  (Read 12580 times)

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Re: Project v13
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2011, 12:28:41 am »

Damn. You're right... But atleast i can dream of a better future for Fallout... Damn. I cannot think nothing better than being sold on eBay to some random guy that will just keep the trademark... :'(
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2011, 09:57:25 am »

Interplays CEO is Herve Caen. He is responsible for so many failures (especially monetary ones) in the history of Interplay

Did you know, that before Herve came to the company their debt was around 120 mln. dollars? And now it is only 2,8 mln. He has financed the Interplay by the funds of his own company (Titus Interactive).

if my mind doesnt fail to me, Interplay made Wasteland, that is, lets say, fallout 0.

That's correct. Interplay made this game and it was published by Electronic Arts. Though it was... ehh... in 1988, so even the union like that was possible back then. I peronally don't loose a hope that they will still be able to develop and launch the Fallout Online, at least because it would be (probably) a new canon source of the universe (I don't count F3/NV as canon).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:02:30 am by Graf »

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 06:25:39 pm »

(I don't count F3/NV as canon).
I dony count Fallout 3 too, but atleast something from NV could be really canonic. Like Cesare's legion, that was going to appear in Fallout 3 (aka Van Buren), and the fact of NCR expansion (as said in F2). We can alwais dream...  and you must admit that Wasteland is still a good game. ;D

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2011, 08:01:52 pm »

They simply took the Van Buuren design documents and made a game based on them. If you have such a good team (Obsidian) + semi-canonic source, then it's hard to make a bad game. Honestly, NV is good game (where it fits canon), but I don't like any of the DLC's we have so far. Don't know about of the upcoming Old World Blues (what we know atm sounds promising) and Lonesome Road, so we shall see what they will come out with.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2011, 08:20:44 pm »

Dead Money where for non combat caracters and Honest Hearts was for farmeble xp( if you hav let's say 7 stealth boys)

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2011, 10:45:15 pm »

They simply took the Van Buuren design documents and made a game based on them. If you have such a good team (Obsidian) + semi-canonic source, then it's hard to make a bad game. Honestly, NV is good game (where it fits canon), but I don't like any of the DLC's we have so far. Don't know about of the upcoming Old World Blues (what we know atm sounds promising) and Lonesome Road, so we shall see what they will come out with.
Old World Blues is going to be a sort of puzzle-based DLC, while i dont know nothing for Lonesome Road.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2011, 08:08:29 pm »

Honestly, NV is good game
I just let it rot after tasting it's terrible gameplay. Sorry, whatever fantastic storyline it might offer, I'm already tired of bioware crap to endure this once more, and play worthless game just to see it's story.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2011, 09:07:11 pm »

This thing is like Duke Nukem Forever. before "OMFG is gonna be awesome" then after you played it and pay for it "man this game suuuucked mutant ballz" . Coz game's that take that much to make usually suck in the end.No offense but i know a few game's that ended like that and this one is bound to.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2011, 09:16:45 pm »

What has the game to do with BioWare, if anything::)
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2011, 09:53:04 pm »

Besides the BioWare part... I agree with Johnnybravo, the crappiness of the engine and the gameplay style not resembling original Fallouts at all make this game worth much less than it could be, still I finished it just for the story.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2011, 12:07:20 am »

What has the game to do with BioWare, if anything::)
I'm coparing NV to bioware games - they all seem to just care about story, and gameplay is almost always weak. Sorry if not that obvious.
"This is your forum."

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:54 am »

lol. BioWares biggest failures in their games, apart of mediocre gameplay, are their stories. It's all about wether you're being able to buttfuck companion #29029 or romance lifelessshell #24240 during the course of the game. All BioWare games follow the same premise, you are nobody XY, you're granted acess to ancient secret order #2420492 and later the country/continent/world/galaxy/universe faces some ancient and million years old evil only you can stop if you're collecting alliances throughout the bland and lifeless game world. How is this comparable to New Vegas? I agree that the engine is not the strongest and I loath the FPS mechanics - but comparing it to crappy BioWare games is a whole new level of insult the game doesn't deserve.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2011, 12:39:43 am »

lol. BioWares biggest failures in their games, apart of mediocre gameplay, are their stories. It's all about wether you're being able to buttfuck companion #29029 or romance lifelessshell #24240 during the course of the game. All BioWare games follow the same premise, you are nobody XY, you're granted acess to ancient secret order #2420492 and later the country/continent/world/galaxy/universe faces some ancient and million years old evil only you can stop if you're collecting alliances throughout the bland and lifeless game world. How is this comparable to New Vegas? I agree that the engine is not the strongest and I loath the FPS mechanics - but comparing it to crappy BioWare games is a whole new level of insult the game doesn't deserve.
Surf, you right right. There isnt romance in NV ;D

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2011, 01:42:27 am »

Huh, no I'm just saying it uses terribad F3 gameplay, and I find it meh to play games for their stories :d
"This is your forum."

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2011, 04:02:09 am »

BioWares biggest failures in their games, apart of mediocre gameplay, are their stories

KOTOR have one of the best stories ever (it do me think at Planescape : the evil behind the veil are you! Can you stop what you have done?)

But me and you Surf are gone totally off topic , some edit to this topic would be a good thing to do...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.