"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:18:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Slaves for combat/mining etc  (Read 3107 times)

Slaves for combat/mining etc
« on: March 18, 2011, 07:05:01 pm »

What do you all recomend? I'm wondering what the best slaves are for mining and for combat for each of my characters.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Slaves for combat/mining etc
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 10:02:34 pm »

for combat best are male trappers, or sniper ghouls depends on your goal and how you want to use them. For mining all npcs seem to be the same.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 02:54:50 am »

As vedaras said it does depend on what you want to do with them but if they are going to be spear wielding slaves (pretty decent damage) i would recommend female trappers instead of male ones due to higher DR and DT
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:29:55 am »

Or Ghoul Scanvengers give them a Mauser and some ammo and they will scare away any noob player.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:15:22 am »

As vedaras said it does depend on what you want to do with them but if they are going to be spear wielding slaves (pretty decent damage) i would recommend female trappers instead of male ones due to higher DR and DT

no no man, yes female trappers have metal armor, and i had them (5 slaves) leveled up with 174 hp each, but the truth is that they can handle only melee weapons ( and i gave them wakizashi knives), still their melee weapon skill is really poor, so they do not aim at all, while against critter fights it may be ok, but against players they are mostly useless :> So if you do not plan to give your slaves grenades for combat male trappers or ghoul snipers with assault rifles is better choice than female trappers :>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:18:15 am by vedaras »
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:50:37 am »

Poor skills? If i remember correctly everytime a slave or merc levels up it gets +5% to its skills, if they had that kind of hp their melee skill would have been over 150%.

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 12:31:27 pm »

So you can levelup slaves? I was always told that thing is broken... and you got wakizashi? Are they back in game?

Back on topic... I'm using slaves with shotguns, they have a poor range, but my slaves miss at long range anyway, the shotguns are cheap, they have accuracy and 12ga ammo has -10AC, so the slaves hardly miss.  In RT 3+ slaves with super sledges also work ok.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 01:26:44 pm »

So you can levelup slaves?
Well.. atleast trappers can be lvl up, but other slave types are not confirmed.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 04:00:18 pm »

Poor skills? If i remember correctly everytime a slave or merc levels up it gets +5% to its skills, if they had that kind of hp their melee skill would have been over 150%.

well if i remember correctly mercs and all npcs have different stats system where 100% is maximum, also i remember dev ghosthack telling about those 5%, but it doesnt seem to work, since they do not aim or anything even at level 21 :>

So you can levelup slaves? I was always told that thing is broken... and you got wakizashi? Are they back in game? 

I received those on event. They are not in the game still. I was told that its like that because their base price was way too big, and it seems that it was too low priority change for it to be fixed till now :>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:02:43 pm by vedaras »
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 05:25:57 am »

Meh my female trappers love aiming for eyes/legs often enough i would say once every 5-7 attacks

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 09:24:48 am »

Meh my female trappers love aiming for eyes/legs often enough i would say once every 5-7 attacks

they aim only if the target is knocked down (thus means their % to hit is increased) :> sad but true. You can check that yourself :>
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 10:30:56 am »

I'm a slaver, they aim a lot more often than that. Maybe the slaves you have gathered were exposed to FEV in the womb.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 10:55:30 pm »

1:High end homesteaders for fighting big gunners and PvP, male homesteaders with frag grenades, and females with 14mms.

2:Nomads with super sledge hammers for fighting PvE where melee stuff is better.

3:Combat slaves with rocket launchers if you're willing to risk them all missing.

4:Ghoul scavs with 14mms or desert eagles with FMJ rounds for fighting lower level players/PvE.

5:Ghoul crazies with hunting rifles/assault rifles for heavy turn based PvE/PvP, or for camping/fighting hand to hand trolls.

For mining, if you want cheap slaves, go up north, and enslave rave parties and stuff, weak as hell, but they can mine.

-Ulrek-

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 06:01:00 am »

Get yourself 5 children slaves. Equip them with plasma grenades and send them against the enemy. I mean
noone shoot children^^ And when they throw a pack nades its too late anyways ;)

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 11:04:11 am »

Can someone explain how Followers are leveled up? Do you have to kill the critters or do they have to do it on their own? Tried both ways allready, but still no lvl up   :-\
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.