"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:27:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Doctor at Base, similar to Homesteader/Farmer  (Read 1159 times)

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
Doctor at Base, similar to Homesteader/Farmer
« on: March 07, 2011, 02:32:23 am »

A small suggestion... It'd be great if you could get a doctor at bases for healing hit points and crippled limbs (not radiation) for free.  It could be implemented like the homesteader, but instead of 5,000 caps he could owe a debt of 10-15,000.  This could be one guy from a group of tribals, like outcasts or something.  Or, it could be an enslaved tribal and you have to pay 15,000 caps to the slaver to buy him.
It'd be a lot more convenient than running to the bazaar and screaming ".s doc and fa!"  Also, it's still pretty pricey, so it's not like free healing.
Any ideas or comments?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: Doctor at Base, similar to Homesteader/Farmer
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:03:35 am »

sounds good to me i like it because i mean all leaders and factions have a doc so makes sense that all bases can have a full time doc. :)
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:21:14 am »

I like it but it should be hella expensive (thumbs down on the cap cost, should be quest and something else).  I mean to find an educated doctor that would choose a players base over the riches he could find working with VC,NCR,etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 01:55:55 am »

Maybe a series of quests to get an Autodoc (including acquiring Voice Module, Computer Parts, and 1000 EP), which deteriorates and needs repairs, and the memory breaks/gets corrupted and has to be replaced (Computer Parts?) as well as fed data in the form of First Aid books.

Also it needs supplies like stims, hypos, flowers, doctor bags, etc. which charge it like a car- different charge from different items.

Also it needs power from SEC/MFC.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:17:30 am by Swinglinered »
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 05:41:34 am »

Maybe a series of quests to get an Autodoc (including acquiring Voice Module, Computer Parts, and 1000 EP), which deteriorates and needs repairs, and the memory breaks/gets corrupted and has to be replaced (Computer Parts?) as well as fed data in the form of First Aid books.

Also it needs supplies like stims, hypos, flowers, doctor bags, etc. which charge it like a car- different charge from different items.

Also it needs power from SEC/MFC.

God, what a bitch it'd be to keep that thing running.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 01:52:32 pm »

Not a bad idea, it would definitely need some form of upkeep - I imagine just having to keep it charged with SEC/MFC would be simpler. It would also need to be a quest, we need things to be more quest related in general.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 03:22:56 pm »

I like the idea about slaving a doctor, perhaps the chance to get said quest could involve getting your slaver rep up high as fuck with a quest similar to the slave run, killing his family/threatening to kill them more jobs for slavers=ftw.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 06:28:59 pm »

Really like swinglingered idea.

Enslaved doc needs to be captured initially but should require a different type of upkeep as well.  I mean whats his incentive to not to kill you or an escape attempt?  Would he not prefer death over slavery?  Best way I can think of is a high charisma leaderbuild to convince him to stay and co-operate through a type of goods upkeep.  Upkeep is cheaper like delivering letters to family/goods and consistent speech checks by periodic chats with the doc.  Medical supply requirements would be similar to auto doc.

One could "learn" of a docs travel route by quest.  Specific player only (or group) enounter pops and players need to kill docs security detail.  Or some stealth kidnaping quest (lot tougher but possible as an alternate).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 26 queries.