"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:23:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Us friends : the dogs.  (Read 2048 times)

Us friends : the dogs.
« on: November 23, 2010, 01:48:51 pm »

Why make our faithful dogs the weakest creatures in the wasteland?

A puppy bought in Klamath has between 10 and 14HP. That's weaker than the weakest ants. Even a lone rat can make a meal out of it.

A combat dog in Junktown has between 25 and 34HP. Either the dog breeders are really awful, or the dogs' diet should be reviewed. Either way, other than a pack of puppies, I have a hard time imagining what they can possibly fight.

More seriously, a little boost to the HP of dogs would be a nice addition to the game. Maybe they'll be able to do more than just bite a level 1 wastelander without armor and 25HP.

Let's say 25HP for the puppies and 50HP for the combat dogs. It will already be a better start if we want to raise them.

Only for HtH...
I wait you.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Us friends : the dogs.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:51:32 pm »

I guess it's already suggested and maybe even planned, but still, I agree.

Let's say 25HP for the puppies and 50HP for the combat dogs. It will already be a better start if we want to raise them.
Even twice this number.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:41:15 pm »

Wolf should be better.
Change to merc sellers those dogs to wolfs.
(They got 33HP in encounters and they hit... well something, but anyway lot better than dog)
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:07:49 pm »

Dogs can lvlup?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 06:10:21 pm »

Give dogs the Living anatomy perk, nuff said :P.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 06:35:37 pm »

Dogs can lvlup?

I dont know, that is good question.

Only for HtH...
I wait you.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 06:43:37 pm »

It would be nice if dog has some special feature. Like if you go with a dog, you would get a boost towards your outdoor skill while walking on world map and a bit to PE regarding placement in encounter. Wolfs could be more combat variant (harder to train they are).

Something even nicer, and that doesint necessery counts towards dogs only, would be if with high outdoor skill you would be able to see peoples tracks in a town and world map (something in style of Mount and Blade where you can see how long time ago around someone walked past here and it got more detailed with higher skill). That means ofcourse skill above 200 or around that. Size of the group should also affect this feature.

Sneakers or even chars with 100 Sneak could be very hard to track (this to make a diffrence between a very noisy and un-sneaky person). So a loner could get his sneak up just a bit to feel more secure.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:47:53 pm by kttdestroyer »
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 06:50:30 pm »

I have try to traning dogs some week ago.

Look this sequence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfx-ztHquEc

Only for HtH...
I wait you.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 08:33:49 pm »

Give dogs the Living anatomy perk, nuff said :P.

Good idea, although theres still the problem of them dying too easily they shouldn't be pvp viable but perhaps a level of toughness or two on them would help.
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 03:11:13 am »

I totally agree with dogs needing a friendly boost to the HP and combat skills.

Who doesnt just absolutely love Dogmeat? (as in the companion dog)
And since many of us play this game as a roleplay game (RPG), I think it would make a great addition.
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 12:07:04 am »

How about mutant dogs?

Various enhancement traits possible for differently priced breeds.

Tough, Mean, Mutated, Greater Wolf/Dog being the best kind, especially after leveling.

1-2 levels of Bonus Move would be good too.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 01:04:28 pm »

I think that dogs should be somewhere between current state...
and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apB4HA_8c4w

The current dogs have almost nothing to offer except for the fact that "you can have a dog." They are only filling-up your companion limit and you cannot even use trains with them.

Seriously, after buying 13HP dog in Junktown, waiting 6 in-game hours for a train in Boneyard only to be told afterwards, that animals are not allowed to enter trains, then going all the way to Modoc by foot keeping the dog alive by injecting him with stimpacks or healing powders after every rat/ant encouter and then it dies after 2 hits from single mantis one square away from your tent...Well, i guess you cannot expect much for 50 caps (though thanks to the invisible hand of the market, price increased to 400 after buying the second dog)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:06:50 pm by Mayck »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.