"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:28:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Player vs. Player System.  (Read 8878 times)

Re: Player vs. Player System.
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 02:37:22 pm »

Spirit of this game is permanent PvP and miniguns. Remove this and you just have badly screwed wow. For non PvP play there is Fallen earth which is in this much better.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

avv

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 03:32:55 pm »

Either 2 servers which is a bad idea because there are limited no of players and GMs or simply divide NORTH and SOUTH so that North would be purely pvp and South settler-like (No one would be able to pvp). Dont respond with "It will ruin the spirit of fonline" because tbh this game has so little players theres no spirit at all

Wasteland is a world where you just have to fight sooner or later. Even if you don't want to fight, you still have to defend yourself.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 04:57:21 pm »

My suggestion is a feature that allows you to Enable/Disable your status for PvP.

Enabling this feature means you can be shot by any player at any time.  It also allows you to participate in PvP actions such as Town Control, Arena, Events, and so on.
Disabling this feature means you cannot be shot by another player, but shooting another player will result in you being Enabled for PvP.  You cannot participate in Town Control, or any other action that requires PvP.

Certain aspects of the above options can be effected by in game actions.  Mainly if you are Disabled for PvP, and you shoot another player, enter an unguarded town/area, enter a tent/base you will become Enabled until you leave those areas/stop shooting people and CD.  A possible addition is while in a Guarded town, if you break the rules in any fashion (steal and get caught, attack an npc/player, door block, ect.) you become Enabled; *and possibly blown away depending on your crime*

When going from Enabled to Disabled, a 5 minute cooldown can be in effect, meaning until that 5 minutes is up you are still Enabled, and doing anything that would normally Enable you for PvP will still do so, thus requiring you to wait another 5 minutes.

While Disabled for PvP, players can experience the Wasteland and Guarded towns in reasonable peace.  Any players that are traveling with you (tagged) may still injure you, and even shoot you.  *This takes away the chance for people to Rocket away at each other with no fear of AoE dmg*  Also anytime you use the Radio to send a homing signal you become Enabled along with everyone in your group and whomever uses the signal to enter your encounter.  *This making it so groups who travel in the using radio signals because they don't have Cha, are still effected by each others weapons. Also adds to the RP that if you're calling on a radio you're leaving yourself open*  The reason why this should be allowed in the wasteland itself is it can help balance the fact that in TB combat if you drop in on a group of PK's they get a full turn+ to decide where they're gonna shoot you.  In RT combat it allows for much the same balance because you can still run or fight depending on your style.

PROS:  This can drastically lower the amount of Guarded town player killings/bombings.  It can allow those players who aren't designing their characters JUST for PvP to explore and enjoy the game, perhaps leveling up to eventually join the PvP aspects.  Lower level players will not get nearly as abused or disheartened by overcharged PK's with nothing better to do than camp near popular areas.  This will allow people to more fully test and inspect many more areas of this beta, the reason being they won't be constantly forced to stop just because they aren't a level 21 PvP character traveling with 4+ people.  It may actually increase the player base, because the door is opened to more than one style of game play.  Higher end gear will mean more to people, those who wish to use it out in the wastes will only have to contend with NPC's and the many challenges they can bring.  Adding a sense of accomplishment when getting that gear knowing you don't have to just hide it away cause it's so easily lost.

CONS:  Many players who devote their time on this game to only hunting people will be discouraged and upset at the loss of targets.  It may become exploitable in some fashion I haven't thought of, thus causing more grief to players.  People may level up their non-PvP characters, then attempt the PvP aspects of the game, and become discouraged because of going up against pure PvP's.  People may choose to still grief low level players when encountered in the wastes by shooting all the stuff in the encounter and then looting it, but that's a far cry from losing everything you may have worked hours to get with no choice.

In all honesty having this feature added does not mean it HAS to stay, it is only a test after all.  Because so many of the things in this game that cause people grief and make it so much harder to do anything are connected to the fact that you can be shot anytime anywhere by anyone willing to do so, with GM's and Dev's unable to be on or around constantly to fix every exploit/exploiter makes this a possible solution.  Having a choice at the least in places where you 'Should' be safe could make a big difference to people and the game.

So stupid ......PK & PVP is this what make people whant's play in fonline.
If we eliminate posibility of PK/PVP in any place & any time 90% people stop play fo.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:18:06 pm by Swiatowid »
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2010, 03:20:12 am »

PvP/PK is not the ONLY reason why people play this game, and it is not the only form of play the devs are working on.  If that were true the Glow area would be a full open, you can't enter til at least 10 people show up then it's free for all til the gunfire stops. 

Listen this ONE suggestion doesn't HAVE to be the only way.  So give me other options, lets see some more than just 'no not gonna work'.  A relevant thread brought up the idea of a limited few second immunity upon entering an encounter to buffer the brief lag spike on loading, this would give people caught in RT pk traps a chance to fight back.  Perhaps in guarded towns no damage, or half damage?  Or how about the option that if you break the rules in a guarded town, you're vilified period til it wears off, in the fashion similar to when you join an NPC faction?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:53:25 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2010, 03:37:15 pm »

i like the idea of PvP not to be open, but we need realy to think about it how we could get it to work without losing players and make it interesting for PK APK, PvP and all the others. I would like to see fonline beeing more of cooperative gameplay, where people need to group up and do dif. tasks to get caps and unique weapons and items, if other groups show up in the quests area they have to fight for it and so on.

There is absolutely no point in PvP of a lvl 1 and lvl 21 chars.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2010, 11:55:28 pm »

Spirit of this game is permanent PvP and miniguns. Remove this and you just have badly screwed wow. For non PvP play there is Fallen earth which is in this much better.

Perhaps people would like to choose where the hell goes their effort gathering things when they're noobs or low levels getting pwzore by said miniguns over and over again because there isnt enough players...

Say people would be enticed by the game, learn it structure, roles and so on and then, those willing to play safe would inevitably switch to PvP as well. Theres no good hand in the begining which makes people leave this game.

THe question is whether you like to go around with your miniguns and eventually find no players at all or a bluesuit with his hammer and 12 ore or perhaps get group attacked by 3 mid armored guys that create some challenge for you.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 01:06:29 am »

i like the idea of PvP not to be open, but we need realy to think about it how we could get it to work without losing players and make it interesting for PK APK, PvP and all the others. I would like to see fonline beeing more of cooperative gameplay, where people need to group up and do dif. tasks to get caps and unique weapons and items, if other groups show up in the quests area they have to fight for it and so on.

There is absolutely no point in PvP of a lvl 1 and lvl 21 chars.

People like me have already suggested WoW like battlegrounds.  However that would offend the "kill you for da lulz" crowd that happens to constitute a big portion of the player base.  Otherwise the devs could have implemented flaggable pvp a long time ago.
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 11:40:47 am »

I have to admit I am not for the WoW style battlegrounds, simply because it does tend to get old fast.  However I am just trying to find some way to balance it out, as stated just a few posts above, there is NO safety for low level players, and really the high level ones just feed on the lowbies, eventually there won't be any food left.  Then no one wins.  The idea of a more group based system may not be such a bad idea this would create a small chance for communities to form. 

The other effect I'm trying to reach for is a less grief filled system.  From Level 1-12 you pretty much should just not play, you have no chance to protect yourself ANYWHERE, 'guarded or not' and anything you bring with you to try and make or sell in a town is going to get picked off you by bombers/shop shooters/thieves, before you can even get near Buster, and that's if you zone in on His side.  This is well beyond reasonable for a game.  At least in my humble opinion.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 07:39:41 pm »

I would actually like a runescape or wow styled battlegrounds, while i was playing runescape (Not wow, i hear that piece of shit is like heroin for too many people) I enjoyed taking a risk of going farther and farther into danger zones where high level players could kill me, where i could randomly encounter a group and have a sudden huge war between my clan and theirs, its actually alot of fun and almost fallout like, and would lessen the extent of the loss of players from ragequits.

Look at my sig before reading this  ;D.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 10:22:34 pm »

I have to admit I am not for the WoW style battlegrounds, simply because it does tend to get old fast.  However I am just trying to find some way to balance it out, as stated just a few posts above, there is NO safety for low level players, and really the high level ones just feed on the lowbies, eventually there won't be any food left.  Then no one wins.  The idea of a more group based system may not be such a bad idea this would create a small chance for communities to form. 

The other effect I'm trying to reach for is a less grief filled system.  From Level 1-12 you pretty much should just not play, you have no chance to protect yourself ANYWHERE, 'guarded or not' and anything you bring with you to try and make or sell in a town is going to get picked off you by bombers/shop shooters/thieves, before you can even get near Buster, and that's if you zone in on His side.  This is well beyond reasonable for a game.  At least in my humble opinion.

There really is no other option.  MMOs by their nature are all about grind.  Either players grind on noobs and other players for gear (classic PvP), or do objective team based PvP (battlegrounds).  Currently the only objective style PvP is TC and thats so far been a joke since the TC glitch made certain gangs more rich than other rich gangs.

If devs are truly about pvp then why not combine battlegrounds with the proposed new crafting system.  Certain battleground missions will either give out schematics or compnents for tier 4 or whatever gear.  Same with re-working TC so it gives out compnents/schematics instead of cold hard currency.  Players currently cannot "steal" another players mercs but they sure can steal their comonents/schematics.
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2010, 10:32:43 pm »

Player versus People...

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2010, 02:06:06 am »

There really is no other option.  MMOs by their nature are all about grind.  Either players grind on noobs and other players for gear (classic PvP), or do objective team based PvP (battlegrounds).  Currently the only objective style PvP is TC and thats so far been a joke since the TC glitch made certain gangs more rich than other rich gangs.

If devs are truly about pvp then why not combine battlegrounds with the proposed new crafting system.  Certain battleground missions will either give out schematics or compnents for tier 4 or whatever gear.  Same with re-working TC so it gives out compnents/schematics instead of cold hard currency.  Players currently cannot "steal" another players mercs but they sure can steal their comonents/schematics.
but that is what their working on.... scratch the tier 4 gear tho.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2010, 09:39:48 am »

I would support this fuckin' never. Never, i tell you!
Oh and yeah, two reasons i play this game is community (fun faction mates) and yeah... PvP/PK, nothing else. This pussy-like suggestion aint gonna make what i personally like better.
Also, why dont i get PK'd? Why all my mates been PK'd just twice or thrice in the last 5 days? We've adapted and we know how to play to not get killed, or griefed as mentioned in your other topic. Just adapt to the game, change your playing style if neccesary.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:47:31 am by Quentin Lang »
I give a fuck.
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 03:19:43 am »

I would support this fuckin' never. Never, i tell you!
Oh and yeah, two reasons i play this game is community (fun faction mates) and yeah... PvP/PK, nothing else. This pussy-like suggestion aint gonna make what i personally like better.
Also, why dont i get PK'd? Why all my mates been PK'd just twice or thrice in the last 5 days? We've adapted and we know how to play to not get killed, or griefed as mentioned in your other topic. Just adapt to the game, change your playing style if neccesary.

I know it is hard for those who make their living abusing others to consider different options.

I understand it's possible to limit the amount of grief you encounter in game.  Let me guess..
- Travel in large heavily armed groups? (Doesn't work for small gangs, duos, who can't even get leveled to make such gear.)
- Avoid all urban and widely traveled areas and zones? (Pretty sure this is an MMO where some of the people creating it are hoping we group, meet, and form communities.)
- Never take any of your good stuff out of your tent or base unless either of the above actions are in place? (What's the point then of working for anything if all you do is put it away and never use it?)

Here's another great example.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=12206.0;topicseen
- That's at a guarded mine, and it took maybe 1 minute to accomplish all that grief.  So guess we should add to your options Quentin don't even go to guarded mines to get the 20 min CD?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:27:34 am by Trokanis »

avv

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 12:06:41 pm »

Just adapt to the game, change your playing style if neccesary.

We're betatesters, we don't have to always adapt and we got the right to question things. If you want to prove someone wrong, you gotta do it like a betatester, not like some WoW forum fanboi (rouge is fine, learn to play).

I know it is hard for those who make their living abusing others to consider different options.

Pking isn't always abusing.
The very reason why this thread gets so much opposition is that we really do have players who aren't abusers or griefers but enjoy the free pvp. It's honestly something that doesn't exist in many games.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.