"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 09:40:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Perks  (Read 1323 times)

New Perks
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:29:42 am »

looking over the fallout wiki just checking all of the perks from all of the fallouts I wondered if any of these (some would need tweeking and I'll suggest changes for some) could be added to add a little more flavor to the game and maybe make some fights last longer.

Perks

Hunter: ranks 1, Level 3, Outdoorsman 60.  50% more critical damage against animals and mutated animals. This perk will not affect animals such as Deathclaws/centaurs but will affect floaters as they are mutated flatworms.

Meltdown: ranks 1, Energy Weapons 150%. Foes killed by your Energy Weapons emit a corona of harmful energy 25% chance. When a target has its hit points reduced to 0 by an energy weapon, this perk will create a small explosion around the target, similar to a plasma grenade explosion, but smaller. A Meltdown explosion can cause critical hits and sneak attack criticals on nearby targets and propagate a chain reaction effect.

^Edit: upon a second look this perk would probably have to be merged with the Energy Charge perk which would allow you to overcharge your energy weapons, as for how this would be implemented would be up to the devs.

Quick Draw: ranks 1, Level 9, Agility 7. Equipping and holstering becomes 50% faster. ( I.E speeding up the animation of putting your weapon away/taking it out and switching it with the other slot, important for RT combat)

Regular Maintenance: ranks 1, Repair 120%(?). Slows the decay rate of equipment by 50%

Shotgun Surgeon: ranks 1, level 6, S.Guns 120%. When using shotguns, regardless of ammunition used(when other ammo types get in game), you ignore an additional 10 points of a target's damage threshold.

Super Slam!: ranks 1, Level 9, Str 6, Unarmed/Melee 80. Unarmed and melee weapon attacks have a chance of knocking down your opponent. (20%?)

Tough Guy: ranks 1, level 3. Reduced limb damage by 20%

Travel Light: ranks 1, level 6, Outdoorsman 45. 10% faster running speed when wearing light or no armor. (light armor being leather/combat leather jackets)(I don't think this one is possible without changing core game mechanics)

Center of Mass: ranks 1, S.Guns 90. you do an additional 15%(?) damage when targeting the torso. (but you actually have to aim shot the torso of the target) You don't fool around with fancy trick shots. Straight to the midsection and down they go.

Day Tripper: ranks 1. You've done enough chems to know how to hang on to the effects just a while longer. More specifically, ingested chems last 33% longer than they normally would.

Six-Shooter: ranks 1, Per 8. Revolvers cannot suffer critical failures, get +4 range, and get a +10 bonus on the critical table. You know that your trusty revolvers won't jam like those new-fangled automatic pistols. And hey, if you can't drop someone in six shots (or five), you need to spend more time at the firing range.  

El Bandolero: ranks 1, int 5, level 12. You've been carrying guns and ammo all over the wasteland for quite a while now, and you're not a drooling idiot, so you know a thing or two about how to store it. All ammo weight for you is reduced by 50%.

Firewalker: ranks 1, EN 8. You have mastered the arts of walking on coals and taking cookie pans out of the oven bare-handed. For each level of this perk, you have +2 to laser/fire/plasma DT that stacks with armor.

In Your Face!: ranks 1, Melee 110 or Unarmed 110. Opponents can't make called shots with thrown weapons or firearms when you are within 1 hex and are only holding melee weapons or are unarmed. They also suffer a -10% penalty to hit with those weapons against all targets

Bigger They Are...: ranks 1,    ST 6, Melee 120. Your attacks with melee weapons have a greater chance of knocking an opponent over. And when they are knocked over, they get knocked back farther. Double the knockback chance and distance for any melee attack (not unarmed). (don't forget you also knock them down)

Bulk Trader: ranks 1, Barter 120. Quantity is the name of the game, and you're holding all the cards. When you buy and sell goods, you get a better deal for larger quantities of a single item. (% based, how much idk)

Critical Defense: ranks 2, PE 6 AG 6,   You've been battered around enough in combat to know when you really need to get out of the way. As a result, when an enemy scores a hit on you, their attack roll is effectively lowered by 10 points for purposes of determining critical hits.

Silent Running: ranks 1, Level 6, Agility 6, Sneak 50%. Now I know this is already in game but I think it should make it so that inventory weight is ignored but not armor weight or armor penalties. (would only work while wearing light armor)

*Scratched*(same as tough guy) Adamantium Skeleton: ranks 1, level 15. Limbs only receive 50% damage(this might be too high I would probably say 35%)

Gray Matters: ranks 1. Reduces head damage by 25% (maybe change this to 10-15%)

Swing For The Fences: ranks 1, level 9. +10 damage with Melee Weapons (not 10 static damage but 10 min & 10 max damage)

Bone Head: ranks 1,Level 6, ST 7. With this Perk, the chance of getting knocked unconscious is reduced by 50%.

Unbreakable: ranks 1, EN 8. Critical hits against your eyes, arms, legs, torso, and groin have to do 50% of your total hit points to achieve a cripple

Crazy Bomber: ranks 1, Level 9, IN 6, Traps 60%. Failures while using explosives are nullified (this includes grenades/missiles)

Drunken Master: ranks 1, Unarmed 60%, Level 3. +20% Unarmed skill / 5 AC while under the influence of alcohol.

Lead Foot: ranks 1, Level 3, Outdoorsman 60%, PE 6, AG 6. You gain 25% speed when behind the wheel on the world map.

Iron Fist: ranks 3, Level 4, Strength 4. +5 Unarmed Damage for each level of this perk.

Hit the Deck!: ranks 1, Level 4, Agility 6(should be modified), You react very quickly to the word "incoming!". Halves the damage from area attacks and splash damage. 50% less damage taken from area attacks and splash damage  OR You're considered -3 hexes away (in any direction from you) from an explosion or spray when considering damage.

And one perk of my own.

Blind Zen: ranks 1, IN 7 LK 6. When blinded the player is never truly blind, through training by using his other senses the player can still sense where his opponents are. For every point of PE the player has the penalty for being blind is reduced by 10%. So if the player has say 7 PE then the aiming penalty is reduced by 70% incurring a 30% accuracy penalty but the player can not do aimed shots.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:46:27 pm by Gnoff »
I have the patience of a chopping block...
Re: New Perks
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 01:10:33 am »

Looks like someone loves NV.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 01:17:23 am »

NV?
edit: oh new vegas? i wouldn't know I've never played it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:19:03 am by Gnoff »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 01:25:40 am »

There is some good perk suggestion and some bad suggestion.

Hunter, Super Slam! and Iron Fist would work with rules of FOnline engine, but others maybe need some fix.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 04:21:33 am »

------Hunter:

Survival 60? What the fuck? or do you mean Outdoorsman?

Anyway, I bet no one would take this, as it would help you while you are lowlevel but would become useless once you can take down stronger enemies.

My vote: NO

------Meltdown:

Sounds too powerful and a bit WTFish... I mean, why wouldn't Energy weapons work that way before you take the perk. It's liek saying that in real life, you may know how to shoot a gun properly, but if you are a master at gun firing, you can make you bullets explode for some weird reason.

-------Quick Draw:

Sounds OK, makes sense. Would be useful but not overpowered. The only problem I see is that you gotta work on those animations... and changing it for some players and not for everyone sounds a bit difficult, maybe impossible. Apart from that, sounds acceptable.

My vote: YES

--------Regular Maintenance:

Sounds OK and makes sense, but since getting loot is not really hard, sounds like nobody would take it (making it useless work). Instead of this, I would suggest a formula which could link deterioration rate and repair skill (higher skill -> slower det. rate).

---------Shotgun Surgeon:

Would improve the use of shotguns, but it doesn't really make much sense.

---------Super Slam!:

I like this one! A nice bonus for melee characters.

---------Tough Guy:

Could be, makes sense... But most players would probably prefer 2xToughness... Still, it depends on one's choice.

---------Travel Light:

Hmmm, no. Same problem as in Quick Draw, and I have always thought that running speed should depend on you AG (which gives you action points)

---------Center of Mass:

That's one hell of a cool name, but the effect doesn't make much sense.

---------Day Tripper:

I love the reference to The Beatles. And the effect sounds credible, and useful.

---------Six-Shooter:

Too much bonus, and only for revolvers?

----------El Bandolero:

Bonus is not enough to make this perk an attractive choice. And Fallout 3 like weighless ammo wouldn't work either (would be too much).

----------Firewalker:

Well, may attrack some people... Maybe it could be tested.

----------In Your Face!:

Wait... what?

----------Bigger They Are...:

Put this one along with Super Slam! and there'll be more HtH people, awesome!

-----------Bulk Trader:

Sounds haard to code. And, uh, maybe I'm wrong if you have a super large amount of broc flowers wouldn't you try to sell them super cheap so that another player who is interested in it gets... uh... super interested?

------------Critical Defense:

I think it helps overpowering your PvP monster .

-------------Silent Running:

Too much of a bonus.

--------------Adamantium Skeleton:

Almost same as Tough Guy.

---------------Gray Matters:

Hmmm naaah.

---------------Swing For The Fences:

Woah now that would help Melee players, but sounds like too much, man... Maybe reduce it a bit?

---------------Bone Head:

There are already enough perks for this kind of things.

---------------Unbreakable:

I think it helps overpowering your PvP monster .

----------------Crazy Bomber:

blah blah overpowering blah blah

---------------Drunken Master:

Hah! I like that one from Tactics!

---------------Lead Foot:

Would be chosen by Leader build only, but it's ok.

---------------Iron Fist:

Isn't there already a perk for this?

--------------Blind Zen:

Too much work for something that would not be taken by many...

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 05:44:20 am »

If you aren't too experienced with the game I would say you should play some more, although a good bit of these perks are good ideas some of them don't make sense.

Adamantium skeleton for example, in fallout 1-fonline there is no such thing as health in each limb, it is if yur lucky enough to hit a good place in the limb to cause it to be near useless. (which goes with tough guy)

Hunter is good perk for roleplayers.

Quick Draw, absolutely.

Regular maintenance could be taken once builds are balanced.

i dont care if shotgun surgeon makes sense or not, absolutely.

Super Slam, absolutely for reasons already named.

btw bigger they are would actually be a bad thing for melee to be honest, who wants their opponent to suddenly get 20 hexes away from them in one hit?  Seriously? ( I'm only calling out perks i want but this one i just coldn't let go :P)

Day Tripper is good.

Silent Running is good but until sneak is truly balanced, (Which I dont think it is honestly) its gotta wait.

Six Shooter:  Absolutely, you never ee revolvers being used dammit!  whats wrong with this perk?

Swing over the fence:  until running when attackng for melee/unarmed is introduced sure why not.

Drunken master, why not?  Alchohol could have some more use :P.

Lead Foot:  Sure, its maybe for outdoorsman alts but its good.

Iron Fist = Living anatomy without +20% in doctor, give it +20% unarmed and its worth taking sorta.

That's all for now.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 06:49:22 am »

All of these perks except the one I created (Blind Zen) were in one fallout game or another. I think that these would be good if added, they just need to be tweeked (like I said).  As for "If you aren't too experienced with the game I would say you should play some more" makes no sense to me as I've been playing FOnline even before 2238 came out and then when it did I've been playing it off an on since.

And for the Adamantium skeleton perk it wasn't for health for each limb but a decrease in damage to limbs. And yeah Tough guy perk is pretty much the same and sounds better. So scratch this one.

Bigger they are perk wouldn't just knock them away but knock them down too, and I say if someone wants to knock someone down and away why not?

Iron fist perk can be taken 3 times, and adding 20% unarmed for each lvl would make it overpowered.

Shotgun Surgeon perk, when I read this one to me it made it sound like the person knows the kinks in armor so that you would aim at the weakest spots.

Center of Mass perk, never heard of clustering your shots? what happens when you shoot in the same spot multiple times?

El Bandolero perk, I assume would be for big gunners or people who took the small frame trait so that they could carry more.

In Your Face! perk, are you trying to tell me you would be able to aim your gun at someones eye when they're right in front of you with a sledgehammer swinging at you? as for the -10% accuracy to everyone I think it meant to everyone at 1 hex.

Critical Defense perk, would actually make fights last longer which I think is a good thing I personally think fights end too fast, usually in 1 or 2 hits.

Silent Running perk, Now I know this is already in game but I think it should make it so that inventory weight is ignored but not armor weight or armor penalties.  I forgot to add that the inv weight would be ignored if you were wearing light armor(anything higher than leather mk II would not ignore the penalty).

Bone Head perk, tell me which perks prevent you from being knocked out? other than this one I see none. And don't say Stonewall that just prevents you from being knocked down not out.

Unbreakable perk, simply tries to prevent people from crippling you by adding another check to see if you did more then half their total hp for the cripple to succeed or not.

As for Blind Zen I'm sure there are people out there that get blinded all the time and wish they had a way to counter it. Currently there is none, especially  in combat.

Edit: For future comments don't just say no it won't work, suggest a change to it or comment on it so others can try to come up with a change for it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:12:14 am by Gnoff »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 09:47:05 am »

some are good, some are bad and some are useless, like those above

but if you took meltdown perk in NV, you know that is more annoyng in close combat than helpfull (i took the perk, but when fithing in vaults i must change to a melle weapon, like a golf club)

ElSlayer

• Kane lives in death!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 08:22:18 pm »

Critical Defense: ranks 2, PE 6 AG 6,   You've been battered around enough in combat to know when you really need to get out of the way. As a result, when an enemy scores a hit on you, their attack roll is effectively lowered by 10 points for purposes of determining critical hits.

Adamantium Skeleton: ranks 1, level 15. Limbs only receive 50% damage(this might be too high I would probably say 35%)

Tough Guy: ranks 1, level 3. Reduced limb damage by 20%

Gray Matters: ranks 1. Reduces head damage by 25%

Unbreakable: ranks 1, EN 8. Critical hits against your eyes, arms, legs, torso, and groin have to do 50% of your total hit points to achieve a cripple

Blind Zen: ranks 1, IN 7 LK 6. When blinded the player is never truly blind, through training by using his other senses the player can still sense where his opponents are. For every point of PE the player has the penalty for being blind is reduced by 10%. So if the player has say 7 PE then the aiming penalty is reduced by 70% incurring a 30% accuracy penalty but the player can not do aimed shots.
About perks quoted above:
Why do you hate snipers that much? You'd better think how to nerf those LSW guys ;) No offense, just kidding.

Bone Head: ranks 1,Level 6, ST 7. With this Perk, the chance of getting knocked unconscious is reduced by 50%.
Make it "IN less 6" in requirements. I think it would be quite fun and realistic too :)

Bigger They Are...: ranks 1,    ST 6, Melee 120. Your attacks with melee weapons have a greater chance of knocking an opponent over. And when they are knocked over, they get knocked back farther. Double the knockback chance and distance for any melee attack (not unarmed).
Ok. I'm a melee. I use weapons with range 1 (2 for spears). What's the point of knocking enemy back farther away from me? To waste AP on moving close to them again?
   Burn the heretic. Kill the mutants. Purge the unclean.   
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 08:33:27 pm »

It's not that I have something against snipers its just that I have a problem with the fact that the game revolves around critical hits.

Oh and I forgot a perk when I was adding them.

Hit the Deck!: ranks 1, Level 4, Agility 6(should be modified), You react very quickly to the word "incoming!". Halves the damage from area attacks and splash damage. 50% less damage taken from area attacks and splash damage  OR You're considered -3 hexes away from an explosion or spray when considering damage.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 08:40:10 am »

i would say that its not about if its a good or bad sugestion

there are already alot of perks that need to be fixed\balanced before introducing new ones
Aku Soku Zan
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 22 queries.