"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 11:09:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Quest Maps...  (Read 1299 times)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Quest Maps...
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:35:32 am »

When you get a quest that requires a group of characters, add dialogue option to that NPC for quest-taker to buy additional maps (for cheap). This way, all members of a quest party could be made quest-location-aware, and be able to get back to it on their own if they die during the mission, rather than needing the leader to stop, go get him and taxi him back. Also it would mean the travel leader would have to be told exact coordinates - he could see them himself. Charisma requirements would not delay a group of CH-1 fighters from questing.

Suggested dialogue option would of course only be offered before quest completion. Once quest is done, that option is removed from that NPC for that character.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Ox-Skull

• TRH
Re: Quest Maps...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:55:43 am »

+1

I support this idea.

Easier to regroup at quest location.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:31:22 am »

no, reduces the importance of charisma even further. 
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:17:01 am »

just make a regroup tent next to quest
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:27:27 am »

I dont see no reason, for the CH2 followers of the leader to not get quest location also.

Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 07:30:25 am »

There isn't but what you see is when someone posts an idea, regardless of how good it is, his enemies will post against it just for spite. I would add "lol" if it was funny but it's always the same griefer(s).

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:34:12 am »

I like this idea. Keeps the action going, no need to stop and relog to pick up the punks who keeps dying.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 07:35:08 am »

There isn't but what you see is when someone posts an idea, regardless of how good it is, his enemies will post against it just for spite. I would add "lol" if it was funny but it's always the same griefer(s).
oh get over yourself, your not my "nemesis", dipstick.  As it is now charisma has very few uses, to furether undermine its use as a primary attribute I think is bad game design.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 07:39:08 am »

No, TKs, that is not what you think. You like the idea and you know it's good, but you'll pretend to disagree because that's why you're here: to upset people. You told me that yourself last year in voice chat, remember? So thank you for agreeing that this is yet another good idea from the player base. Charisma will not suffer at all - some aspect of the game just get a little smoother to manage and everybody wins.
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 08:59:04 am »

Hi!

I'm sorry Marko this time im also against of this idea! Charisma is an important thing in this game... sadly a lot of players plan their builds without it! All of my commonly know chacaters that i use have at least 3 Charisma and its makes me sad when i see people in NCR and wana do quest or just hunt and keep saying "have charisma?" becos there is only stupid ugly apes around... poples have to start using charisma!!! its almost the most importent stat in the game but nobody using it!
Do you hear the voices too?

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 09:48:39 am »

All members of the quest should have the location on the map. If this is not the case, it's a bug.
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 10:13:35 am »

If this is a problem, then:

max.number.of.maps = leader.CH-1

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 03:49:56 pm »

All members of the quest should have the location on the map. If this is not the case, it's a bug.

The problem is that sometimes you use characters for the quest, that are not present while talking to NPCs. For example, a quest is done by three players. Each of them brings a character, but at least one of these players wants to bring an alt as well (because the quest requires fighting and then lockpicking, for example). As it's an alt, that other character of yours won't be part of the party that talks to the NPC.

I'm sorry Marko this time im also against of this idea! Charisma is an important thing in this game... sadly a lot of players plan their builds without it! All of my commonly know chacaters that i use have at least 3 Charisma and its makes me sad when i see people in NCR and wana do quest or just hunt and keep saying "have charisma?" becos there is only stupid ugly apes around... poples have to start using charisma!!! its almost the most importent stat in the game but nobody using it!

If it was the most important stat in the game, you'd see everyone using 10 CHA characters. I would make the effort to explain in a better way why you are wrong, but it's better that you find out on your own while playing the game. I used to think kinda like you too, but then my own experience changed that.

I support Marko's suggestion, it'd make it a lot more confortable to do quests because less metagaming would be required.

JovankaB

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 04:08:01 pm »

I don't really think you should be able to bring as many alts as you want to quest maps...

It's basically the same issue as with distressing encounters, you can just bring as many alts
as you need to make everything trivial. With quests it's even worse because you can easily
keep returning after death over and over. It means there is really no challenge in ANY quest
and it makes impossible for a developer to set a proper difficulty level for the prize, because
players can go around it by bringing more alts or returning after death until quest is done.

I would make something like this: a quest location allows 5 player characters for example.
When a player character dies inside, the number of allowed characters in the location drops
by 1, if it drops to 0, the quest fails. So you could try to do bigger quests alone, but you
could die only 5 times, or bring 5 people and if anyone dies, the player is "out" from the quest
(unless someone else leaves the location to make space in the quest).

But I agree bringing players or even leaving and returning should be easier, as long as there
is still space in the quest. If you visit quest location you should see it on the world map IMO.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:29:20 pm by JovankaB »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 04:27:59 pm »

Jovanka, if limits are set the way you've just explained, it'd be ok and even interesting. I hope that if quests are changed, something like that is implemented and not just another thing that can be bypasses with alting or anything similar to that, because in that case there would be no real change.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.