Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Share Your Work / Guide to how I recolor assets for fonline and fallout 1 and 2.
« Last post by phrophet on September 08, 2021, 02:32:41 am »
Sorry about the double post.

Alright so here we go lol I do not usually post on here. First the tools
https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/

Xnconvert is a batch image changer you use this to recolor the assets

Second you need this
http://www.mediafire.com/?64kbhk1ijkqrym3

Its the tools to unpack the frm files called frame animator

Step one unpack the files using frame animator

make sure to choose the   automate choice inside of the file tab.
choose you source frm files which would be all the files you want to unpack.
ignore everything else except destination choose a place to unpack your  frm files.

After that just choose fpr project and unpack the files. It will take awhile depending  on your rig.

once the files are unpacked start up xnconvert load all the images into it.

make a script in the actions tab
basically you set it up to do changes to one image it will then do it to all images. Since fallout assets only use so many colors its ez to re color stuff.

The next step is too choose and output folder.

inside the output tab choose your save location and also make sure the files are the same as original and so the name and format have to be the same.

I usually overwrite the original files since it is easier to re import afterwards.

After that you do the automate stuff in frame animator and choose your unpacked fpr files which are linked to your changed images. and choose to turn them back into frms the same way you unpacked them. Sorry if any of this is hard to understand but hopefully it causes some bros to make custom assets.
General Discussion / Guide on how to recolor assets for fonline and fallout 1 and 2
« Last post by phrophet on September 08, 2021, 02:30:54 am »
Alright so here we go lol I do not usually post on here. First the tools
https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/

Xnconvert is a batch image changer you use this to recolor the assets

Second you need this
http://www.mediafire.com/?64kbhk1ijkqrym3

Its the tools to unpack the frm files

Step one unpack the files using frame animator

make sure to choose the   automate choice inside of the file tab.
choose you source frm files which would be all the files you want to unpack.
ignore everything else except destination choose a place to unpack your  frm files. 

After that just choose fpr project and unpack the files. It will take awhile depending  on your rig.

once the files are unpacked start up xnconvert load all the images into it.

make a script in the actions tab
basically you set it up to do changes to one image it will then do it to all images. Since fallout assets only use so many colors its ez to re color stuff.

The next step is too choose and output folder.

inside the output tab choose your save location and also make sure the files are the same as original and so the name and format have to be the same.

I usually overwrite the original files since it is easier to re import afterwards.

After that you do the automate stuff in frame animator and choose your unpacked fpr files which are linked to your changed images. and choose to turn them back into frms the same way you unpacked them. Sorry if any of this is hard to understand but hopefully it causes some bros to make custom assets.

FOnline Projects / FOnline:Ressurection
« Last post by Tymanich on August 10, 2021, 06:48:59 pm »
FO: Resurrection, a server based on SDK revision 476 featuring 3D models and new inventory.
We are in the active development stage.
A test session is underway now, you can join and help us!

Discord: https://discord.gg/e3jSXZXERE

General Discussion / Re: Players and fonline future
« Last post by KeithSpringer on August 10, 2021, 03:33:09 pm »
A lot of people don't like dumb updates as we may often encounter them, that's all .....only people leave, people are pissed off playing something they don't like anymore!!!  :P
General Discussion / Re: Players and fonline future
« Last post by Byronic Hero on July 14, 2021, 12:15:02 am »
I miss 2238 every day...
The reality as I saw what happened:
Everybody switched to Reloaded from 2238, which was good, but had its problems.  For example in 2238 the vendors only restocked caps every hour and only 10,000 caps each so caps were in high demand
In Reloaded they 'fixed' that and made it so caps were basically worthless, no matter how many you had, nobody wanted to trade for them.
The high quality ores/minerals timer in 2238 kept the economy in balance, in Reloaded everything became too abundant and so nobody had a real need to PvP.
With all that said, Reloaded was still very good, UNTIL season 3, when they gutted PvP.
This caused the game to die, as all the players who switched to Reloaded from 2238 simply quit because of the PvP change, myself included.  Also town control was never close to what it was in 2238.
No worthy successor has come since then, and even if one did come along, we don't have the hype we used to have of 'an online Fallout game'.
It would take some big youtubers to bring attention to it, but there is nothing good to bring attention to currently sadly :(
I've set up a local 2238 for coop style play with friends.  I've used this forum and reloaded's forum to make the following changes:
-players no longer drop their items, if we die we just respawn, heal, and carry on
-respawn time reduced to 15 sec, it's just us playing so respawn, heal, and carry on
-new character starting map has a 10mm pistol and 20 rounds for a slightly faster start

Now I'm trying to figure out how to reduce or remove the TO_BATTLE timer that keeps you from leaving an encounter if you've attacked or been attacked in the last 10 sec.
I want to be able to run away from encounters in which we are outmatched instead of being stuck watching you're level 5 nobody get murderlated on the exit grid by Mobsters or whatever.  This way it will be like playing the older games but in RT, especially once I make some NPCs that will give stuff like vehicles and higher level items for quests rather than the traditional mine, craft, and sell MMO style play of Reloaded and FO3.  Not that I'm knocking that, we just want a different style of play. 

I found IS_TURN_BASED_TIMEOUT in _defines.fos, but that seems to be completely about TB.  We exclusively play RT.
I've been looking in combat.fos, main.fos, and client_combat.fos.  I cannot figure out where the actual setting for the TO_BATTLE is. 

UPDATE:

Problem solved:
comment out lines
221-224
in combat.fos

Now the combat timer doesn't set at all.  We can just run away and carry on. 
Share Your Work / Re: source code power
« Last post by denisgrad on June 23, 2021, 12:53:21 am »
:O
Share Your Work / Re: source code power
« Last post by Lexx on June 18, 2021, 03:30:34 pm »
Now just fix the horrible vehicle rotation. :>
Share Your Work / source code power
« Last post by devis on June 18, 2021, 10:19:15 am »
https://fonline-aop.net/nigerianprince/atriptomaryland.webm

thank cvet for source, this can be done within 5 days.

I CAME HERE TO FLEX
Share Your Work / Re: Critter Animations
« Last post by Lexx on June 15, 2021, 07:07:30 am »
I made the Black Dude for the hero appearance mod (Fallout 2). Of course the frames can also be used by FOnline games.

The thread is here on NMA.

Also we have a new Git repository for new animations, which can be found here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10