Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Questions and Answers / Re: Private server| Keep inventory?
« Last post by Bwuljqh on June 12, 2021, 01:19:43 pm »
Update time, posting it here motivated me to look for it further and I made it work!

What I did so you can do it yourself:

You need a notepad to open the files in italic

The player will not drop items on death anymore:
-Go to replication.fos, line 458
-Delete or comment out lines 458 to 462

Npcs will not loot the dead players anymore:
-Go to main.fos, line 2374
-Replace
Code: [Select]
(cr.IsPlayer() || IsHumanoid(cr)) by
Code: [Select]
(!cr.IsPlayer() && IsHumanoid(cr))
(Not tested in game but the server launch at least)
Brutal deaths will not destroy armor, helmet or trophies anymore (npcs included):
-Go to main.fos, line 2297
-Delete or comment out line 2297 and 2298 (armor), 2302 and 2303 (helmet), 2308 and 2309 (trophies)

Brutal deaths will not drops all items on the ground anymore (npcs included):
-Go to main.fos, line 2354
- Delete or comment out line 2354 and 2355

There are for sure cleaner methods to do so but it will work for us for the time being, if you've got any questions I may try to answer them.

Edit: I can't guarantee anything against unforseen side effects
Questions and Answers / Private server| Keep inventory?
« Last post by Bwuljqh on June 10, 2021, 11:15:22 pm »
Hello,

I'm hosting a private server with friends of FOnline Reloaded, 2nd season. We play a very casual way (thus the private server) and I was wondering if there are ways to make us keep our stuff after we die. We use commands to give our stuff back anyway so it would only make the process a lot less tedious.

I'm guessing I need to make our body non lootable (or make so the ennemies don't loot our bodies) and deactivate the inventory reset or something, I really don't know where to start and I found no one with the issue on this forum.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Share Your Work / Re: Critter Animations
« Last post by Lexx on June 04, 2021, 10:34:34 pm »
Tycho/Cassidy/Metzger Club, Hammer, Knife-animations
Based on the bald head dude from the hero appearance mod. Was surprisingly simple. Took me only.. maybe 4 hours or so per animation set. Getting rid of the cloth around the leg was a bit of an ehh-job, but for NPCs the results are ok.

Also I found out that the critter doesn't have a throwing animation, so I did that as well. Not going to do the big gun animations, though. Pretty sure I wouldn't survive that task.

Links:
Animation files
Questions and Answers / Re: Development Questions
« Last post by kompreSor on May 28, 2021, 05:26:30 pm »
Hi there. Been a while since I've looked into FOnline, but am interested in getting setup with development again. I have a few questions that I was hoping could be answered here.

1. What is the go-to IDE for development? I was hoping I could use Visual Studio 2019. Would I be able to use this while harnessing the power of code completion etc?
2. Is AngelScript the only available scripting language still?
3. Would it be recommended to use the latest version of FOnline from cvet, FOClassic, or something else?

Many thanks

1. visual studio 2010
2. you can do dll in c++ also, or edit engine in c++
3. https://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,30057.0.html you can start with it.
Questions and Answers / Development Questions
« Last post by Havak on May 12, 2021, 04:44:40 pm »
Hi there. Been a while since I've looked into FOnline, but am interested in getting setup with development again. I have a few questions that I was hoping could be answered here.

1. What is the go-to IDE for development? I was hoping I could use Visual Studio 2019. Would I be able to use this while harnessing the power of code completion etc?
2. Is AngelScript the only available scripting language still?
3. Would it be recommended to use the latest version of FOnline from cvet, FOClassic, or something else?

Many thanks
Questions and Answers / Re: Fonline Reloaded Source Encounter Loot
« Last post by Trololo on April 28, 2021, 10:59:22 pm »
scripts/worldmap.fos -> LoadWorldmapGroups.
The file used to load the data from is in maps/groups.fowm.
The structure of the file implies it should be read/edited by a program.
Usually reloaded sdk is packed with world editor tool, its probably what you're looking for.

You are a friggin treasure. That's exactly it!
Thank you kindly!
Questions and Answers / Re: Fonline Reloaded Source Encounter Loot
« Last post by Vice Dice on April 28, 2021, 08:33:24 pm »
scripts/worldmap.fos -> LoadWorldmapGroups.
The file used to load the data from is in maps/groups.fowm.
The structure of the file implies it should be read/edited by a program.
Usually reloaded sdk is packed with world editor tool, its probably what you're looking for.
Questions and Answers / Fonline Reloaded Source Encounter Loot
« Last post by Trololo on April 27, 2021, 10:36:22 am »
Greetings

For the life of me I cannot figure out how/where to modify loot on critters in random encounters. I've found scripts pertaining to adding trophies, like to brahmin/geckos, but the loot modifications elude me.

No changes to Bags.cfg do anything, yet it seems to crash if I try to remove it so clearly it does something.

Where the heck is the data as to what loot is on what critters on random worldmap encounters?
Questions and Answers / Re: Absolute newbie's topic
« Last post by KingR on April 17, 2021, 12:50:02 pm »
Hi!

1 and 2 : No news tools i think.... I use a very simple tool, Notepad ++, it's perfect for no Dev person x)

3 : Test the mod tools on Fallout 2 game, I think it's similar. But hard way ^^

4 : I don't know, so high level for me x)

5 : No the engine is very simple, your PC can run a big map i think

6 : Don't delete, because the engine need the old stuff (or mod the engine but very difficult way?)

7 : Completely! The graphic engine is very particular, to mod the Fallout 2 colors'system for example it's difficult. The Dev who made new item or graphic elements are very good!

Questions and Answers / Armor Class
« Last post by KingR on April 17, 2021, 12:41:34 pm »
Hi guys!

Another question :

In Reloaded 2snd season, the Armor Class work only on running.

I want to change this to the original fonction (Fallout 1 and 2), a static Armor Class, but i don't found in the script.

Is anyone know the solution?

Thanks Guys!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10