Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Tools / Re: FEV - FOnline (frm) Editor/Viewer - by Slowhand.
« Last post by Ermac on May 22, 2023, 04:20:40 pm »
Hi,

App is very good. Primarily used for FRMs.

I would ask you two things to improve (using of the) the app.
1) Put releases directly on the Github (latest one including optionally previous ones)
2) Put Main Menu bar (with File, Edit/Info, Options) etc in the Form (Frame) itself.
    It would tell about the program and the author. Giving some general pointers how to use the app etc.

Regards.

Experience lightning-fast reading speeds of up to 705 kb/s with the renowned ACM player. However, it appears that this may have caused the issue at hand.

Questions and Answers / AI Combat
« Last post by KingR on May 09, 2023, 05:07:58 pm »
Hello everyone!

I have a problem with the AI ​​in combat: when the character shoots a moob, the moob changes target. How could we correct this?

Thank you so much !
OMG, did you know that the critical hit tables were actually lifted from fallout2.exe?! 😱 Can't remember if there's anything else, but that's just mind-blowing! 🤯
FOnline Projects / Re: Fonline: Another Way to Die (TLA Mk2)
« Last post by Tyler on May 06, 2023, 07:29:58 pm »
Glad to see this brought back from the dead as it was my favorite version after 2238 went away. Is there a version of the calc in english somewhere? No way to recall 2238 changes let alone what tlamk2 altered.
Tools / Re: FEV - FOnline (frm) Editor/Viewer - by Slowhand.
« Last post by Slowhand on April 28, 2023, 02:16:19 pm »
Latest updates:

2023: FEV_v1.6.jar Added option to export whole folder. Note: Since 1.5 you might need to hold ALT while using LEFT/RIGHT keys to navigate.
2023: FEV_v1.5.jar Added a fix for Java 17+ version, there was a bug if one tried to run single executable javafx jars, they would generate error. You can run FEV_v1.5.jar at https://github.com/Sasabmeg/FEV/blob/master/release/FEV_v1.5.jar if you have more recent Java versions installed than the good old Java 8.
2022: FEV_v1.4.jarAdded a fix for Java 8 version.
FOnline Projects / Re: Fonline: Another Way to Die (TLA Mk2)
« Last post by Crazy777 on April 24, 2023, 02:57:36 pm »
The new session will start on April 28, 2023!
General Discussion / Re: Time for a change.
« Last post by Dagnir on February 14, 2023, 12:15:08 am »
Look at the number of players on the servers. Around 100 on all of them combined. Most stick to the same server. Do you want to spend years creating something that maybe 20-30 people will enjoy? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Overall, the game was already doomed back in 2009 when we've split into TLA and 2238. For a stupid reason of the primary developers of TLA not speaking good English. Hardcore enthusiasts who can do development in their spare time are hard to find, and by splitting them into two (later - many more) teams we've made the development unsustainable.
Share Your Work / Font - FOnline Classic Dialog Regular
« Last post by Slowhand on January 25, 2023, 01:22:03 pm »
I have recreated the original Fallout font that is used in the dialog and extended for most European and Cyrillic alphabets, chess and card suit symbols. (While most of the glyph have been made by me from scratch, the later were copied and transformed from various svg image sources on the internet.)

There are 2 versions, the regular is more complete, resembles the original font less at 10 pixels size, but more relaxing to use at higher resolutions, while the bold is mostly incomplete having only the Latin alphabet but at low resolution resembles the original font more.

The project can be tracked here: fallout-classic-dialog-font the font itself can be found at releases
License is MIT, which is use for whatever you want.

In order to use the font for FOnline, one must use some tools to get the images right, I will publish a tool for it and a tutorial later on.

Here is a sample how they look after integrated into FOclassic:

https://github.com/Sasabmeg/foclassic-font-converter/blob/main/release/differences_regular_bold.png

Note: There were 2 similar fonts already made, one more notable the fallouty.ttf which can be found at the similar-fonts folder and is more stylish, however I found that both at higher resolutions it's not that good for reading and has a outdated copy left license for extension, so I choose not to use that style and made font from scratch. For stylish texts that font might be better though.
Share Your Work / Re: Critter Animations
« Last post by Ghosthack on January 21, 2023, 10:55:36 am »
both links are broken for me, found the frm's though, are you guys doing this in 3D and convert back to 2D?

Fixed the links.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10