Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Questions and Answers / Re: Crash Win 10
« Last post by Slowhand on September 08, 2023, 01:26:25 pm »
Rado from FOnline: Parareal reported similar issue on certain feature for FOClassic - BNW, maybe this helps you too:

dx7.dll - 152.00 KB
d3dx9_42.dll - 1.80 MB

https://github.com/Sasabmeg/FOnline-BraveNewWorld/tree/dev/other/missing_dll

Also, if you don't know about FOClassic yet, Reloaded S2 is kinda dated by now, Reloaded S3/S4 uses FOClassic which uses 3.14 engine version. To use FOClassic easier, there is a sample here on forum named PReloaded by 'mojuk', which contains some S3 features but no S2 content, also for this reason I made BNW where among others I merged most of S2 content, you might want to try dev branch of:

https://github.com/Sasabmeg/FOnline-BraveNewWorld

Note: You will need to add fallout.dat or other zip files for client manually, as I have not added these due to copyright :) rest should be like running S2.
Questions and Answers / Crash Win 10
« Last post by KingR on September 02, 2023, 11:40:49 am »
Hi guys ! I am working on the version of Fonline Reloaded season 2, on Windows 7. And I have no problems.
On the other hand, I have a laptop, on which I installed Windows 10, and there the game, or the mapper, crashes with the direct X exe. Only the OPENGL exe works. How to correct this?

Thank you so much !
General Discussion / Re: Time for a change.
« Last post by mickmelon on August 03, 2023, 04:07:10 pm »
I appreciate Dagnir's point, but I see it differently. Not everyone's here for the crowd. Some of us enjoy the grind and the brain-bending challenges. That's the thrill of it, right?

Remember, FOnline was born out of a love for Fallout and a desire to keep that world alive in a new form. It's always been a passion project driven by a community of enthusiasts. That spirit is what's kept it going for almost two decades now, despite any splits or disagreements that have occurred along the way.

I think one reason for the dwindling numbers of FOnline is due to the game being so outdated. If this were to be recreated in Godot or a similar engine - and don't get me wrong, this is a mammoth of a task that will undoubtedly take years even if the scope was greatly reduced - then perhaps that's when it will begin to attract new players to the classic games. This goes not only for attracting new players, but also developers, because the SDK is so outdated now with clunky tools and using a shitty scripting language when there are many better languages today for this like C#.

To the OP, I appreciate your vision. You're right - the community's fragmented, the engine's outdated, and FOnline needs a serious revamp. Building something on Godot or a similar engine is a mammoth task, sure. But is it impossible? I don't think so. Whether it's worth it is a different question - and I would say it only seems worth it if you are thinking about the journey rather than the destination, because you may very well never get there in the end. There's also the point that if you're going to put this amount of effort into recreating the game in another engine, then why not start your own IP?

I would suggest an initial goal of getting a working demo in Godot. Port some assets, create a couple of maps, design a single quest, make it single-player. This gives us a tangible target to aim for and breaks down the mammoth task into more manageable stages. Then, we can build from there. It doesn't have to grow into another FOnline, instead it could form as the basis for fan games, not unlike what I believe cvet's goal is with his work on the FOnline engine nowadays.

The question I would have is what are the legal implications of this? You already see in ambitious projects like Skyblivion and Fallout 4: NV, they're having to recreate the assets and voice acting due to copyright reasons. Same goes for Take Two taking down Grand Theft Auto mods that port maps from one game into another.
Tools / Character creation and Mutation feature test tool.
« Last post by Slowhand on July 20, 2023, 09:00:57 pm »
Hi everyone.

I was working on the concepts of a new/old feature, Mutation, which would allow player to change their specials, skills, perks, trait and skill tags without removing their progress or implants via Book of Achievement character deletion option.

Since this feature is very problematic, first I made a character creation (or planning) tool in Java, that can be used to create and level up character and via dialogue test the mutation feature, as in to find possible exploits, bugs, loopholes, whatever...

Obviously introducing such a feature to the game is very risky thing (exploits found and not reported fixed by player mess up the characters of game, basically a free character stats cheat) and if failed game breaking (only fix would be to wipe and go next season rofl)

The workflow:
 - design Mutation concept (done)
 - make tool to test and fix the concept (done)
 - publish tool to players to test the concept and report issues (we are here)
 - fix the bugs in concept and retest
 - implement the FOnline code for the concept on a test server
 - test publicly once more (players need to download server and client, run it localhost to test)
 - fix reported bugs and thus feature is ready to deployment (if wanted) to FOnline servers

So, assuming this work gets ever finished and introduced to any of the FOnline servers at some point, here is the logic and the tool that can use to test for possible bugs. The character-planner or mutation feature testing tool, is based off game mechanics of Reloaded S3/S4 as FOclassic - BWN uses those.

Alternatively this tool can be used as on offline character-planner as well, assuming the java code get's modified to reflects one's own server mechanics, if those are different from it.

Feature concept: (logic or how mutation should work in specific cases is written in first few comments)
https://github.com/Sasabmeg/FOnline-BraveNewWorld/issues/52

Character-planner mutation tester tool: (Java 17+)
newest on git - https://github.com/Sasabmeg/foclassic-char-planner/blob/main/target/foclassic-char-planner.jar
newest on google drive - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qjqGFzGwjWAc6uBi319RhR9MMZ6odkSs/view?usp=sharing

If anyone finds any bugs, they can report them here, on discord or on the github issues page above in comments.

To run the tool you'll need Java 17 or later. If you have trouble, make sure you uninstall previous java versions before installing java17 or later and if still issues, try the jarfix tool at: https://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html

After jarfix double clicking JAR file in windows should run it, alternately you can open a console and type: java -jar foclassic-char-planner.jar
Questions and Answers / FOClassic (PReloaded) Elevators
« Last post by APA MK2 on June 25, 2023, 05:28:18 pm »
Hi all! I've set upped PReloaded SDK for a while time ago, and now i'm making little project based on, i started from locations making.
How i can make elevators? I'm confused in elevator scripts and can't understand how to setup any kind of this, examples from other projects like BNW not helps.  :'(
In advance, thanks for help.
I feel so old for posting this. God dammit...

"On Sunday, June 23rd 2013, the FOnline: 2238 server will be shut down. We would like to thank the players who supported us with their suggestions, bug reports, patches and content. Special thanks to all wiki editors, moderators and game masters. Last but not least, we would like to thank all our donors, who helped us to keep the 2238 server running for so long! Without you, the last 4 years wouldn't have been the same."

It's gonna be 10 years this Friday, so raise your glasses & roll your joints, wherever you may be, to one of the most glorious servers that ever existed (FO2238/2011 source).

Cheers, *******! ;)
FOnline Projects / Re: FOClassic server example.
« Last post by APA MK2 on June 05, 2023, 10:43:20 am »
you can try download from github website
Unfortunately files still broken, i'll try to use BNW files to run PReloaded, thanks for help.
UPD. - Yeah, idea with take files from BNW is works, thanks again!
« Last post by Slowhand on June 04, 2023, 10:54:06 pm »
https://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,30344.0.html

If github doesn't allow to download a bigger file, for example base.zip via command because of LFS quota exceed, you can try download from github website, there find the missing file and download only that one. That usually works. If you try to download whole project as zip, it might exclude it.

If you want to try out the BNW version, here is one of the later versions google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nTYcoO18Bz54cMojkAuiCfD5Se-pZF9j/view
This version contains FOClassic + PReloaded + Some additions (BNW) and good old S2 from Reloaded (maps, quests, etc) but mechanics are as of PReloaded (S3 of Reloaded)

If your problem is that fallout.dat is missing, you can download S2 from Reloaded forum and copy it over from there, or any other versions of FOnline.
« Last post by APA MK2 on June 04, 2023, 07:53:48 pm »
Hi, i wanna test that server example & some other little features on it, but seems github not allow me to download client files normally, can you load they to GDrive or something elsewhere?
Share Your Work / Re: Critter Animations
« Last post by Lexx on May 29, 2023, 10:33:57 pm »
Tycho / brown pants combat armor
Will be in the next version of ettu as combat armor animations for Tycho. The set has unarmed, spear, pistol, smg, and rifle animations.

Download here.

/Edit: Added the remaining animations. It's a full set now with all weapons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10