"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:41:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is the easiest type of character to play?  (Read 3447 times)

Re: What is the easiest type of character to play?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 04:09:46 pm »

Why not using the wiki to check the weapons' stats?
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 04:38:23 pm »

yay!!!! this is post number 500!!!!!

so the easyest caracter is the HtH build:perfect for PvE,but weak against PKs in PvP

next i think are burster builds,including Big Guns, but they are hard to get, so a 10mm SMG burster is ok(10mm SMG was my favorite gun in Fallout)

after snipers are good, but at low levels there are hard to level, becoze is hard to do aimed shots,but as soon as you got level 8-9, you can go level and after you can: KILL LOOT RAPE(xD)

after there are theifs. you can easly get the stuff you hwant,but there are veary,veary hard to level,so i sugest you do whit a HtH or Melle and use it in TB(i hate TB,so i do not have a theif caracter)

but do what every people does:
make some caracters(main+combat/combat+crafter or theif) and ask someone you trust in RL to loggin whit one of your caracters and make comon tent, or join a faction
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 05:07:32 pm »

Wrong, snipers are the easiest to level. At first it's hard to level, just pump your main combat skill. In my case, I pumped EW. Then, go on FEF and find where mutated molerats are, kill them with aimed shot to the eyes. If you're using SG, use shot gun aimed shots to the eyes of mutated molerats. Reason? Because when shot that close, you almost always hit. The damage is almost most awesome because you are able to crit 1 molerat, while hitting the one behind it.
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 05:56:57 pm »

Well I was using the build that Borse posted, but your right, I didnt think about that, really I dont need the 5 strength especially since I picked fast shot and using pistols.

To be honest I wasn't sure how much strenghth you needed for certain weapons, I know for pistols just 4 right? And your saying SMG's 4, what about rifles and assualt rifles? 5 ??

I guess I will be starting again :( 

Actually I picked fast shot, so I dont plan to burst, and hope to use 223 pistol which still needs 5 strength.
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 06:44:58 pm »

Actually I picked fast shot, so I dont plan to burst, and hope to use 223 pistol which still needs 5 strength.

cool, i made it 5 st so you could use a rifle.

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 11:56:01 pm »

I dont know if there is an easy way to play fonline, but after wipe i started like this.

My first char was a meele fighter with armorer profession. A meele is easy to level as you need
no ammunition and find weapons on every corner for a few caps. The armorer profession
is easy to get too, as u need only to skill repair and no science or weapon skills. So you will
be able to craft pretty expensive gear to sell at an early time. If you like meele combat, you
can level this one to lv21. If not, just stop after he has the armorer3 prof (lv ~8-9)
An argument to level him some more lvls might be the repair skill, if u want to have it
higher then 200 to minimize failures in repairing, you should level at least to 10-12.

As second char i chose a SG burster/sg prof 3 crafter. Most sg burster builds are just perfect to
hunt critters, with my crafter i hunt down critters from homesteaders to mercenaries.
This char will earn u even more caps than the armorer, as he can not only craft but loot
expensive gear too. You benefit from the armorer now too, because u dont have to buy armors but
can craft urself some. This char should should be leveled to 21 to get livegiver, 2 bonus ranged damages
and bonus rate of fire.

As third char i chose a PVP sniper. You dont need to give him any crafting ability, as u now can
craft sg3 guns and armors urself. Concentrate on all crit based perks like more crits and better crits,
and dont forget to raise Perception and your AP at least to 8.

If you want some define builds just send me a pm!

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 11:44:40 pm »

I dont know if there is an easy way to play fonline, but after wipe i started like this.

My first char was a meele fighter with armorer profession. A meele is easy to level as you need
no ammunition and find weapons on every corner for a few caps. The armorer profession
is easy to get too, as u need only to skill repair and no science or weapon skills. So you will
be able to craft pretty expensive gear to sell at an early time. If you like meele combat, you
can level this one to lv21. If not, just stop after he has the armorer3 prof (lv ~8-9)
An argument to level him some more lvls might be the repair skill, if u want to have it
higher then 200 to minimize failures in repairing, you should level at least to 10-12.

As second char i chose a SG burster/sg prof 3 crafter. Most sg burster builds are just perfect to
hunt critters, with my crafter i hunt down critters from homesteaders to mercenaries.
This char will earn u even more caps than the armorer, as he can not only craft but loot
expensive gear too. You benefit from the armorer now too, because u dont have to buy armors but
can craft urself some. This char should should be leveled to 21 to get livegiver, 2 bonus ranged damages
and bonus rate of fire.

As third char i chose a PVP sniper. You dont need to give him any crafting ability, as u now can
craft sg3 guns and armors urself. Concentrate on all crit based perks like more crits and better crits,
and dont forget to raise Perception and your AP at least to 8.

If you want some define builds just send me a pm!

do what he says

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 11:46:57 pm »

bless ya town dweller..
easiest way to play:

1. without crafting
2. without items
3. without weapons
4. without anything to loose

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=8903.msg80205#msg80205

starting this game as crafter leader ect is pure frustration and waiting, har har.
want explore? use your blueness and your fists. some fa and doc skill and you got no fucking problems mate.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:08:09 am by John.Metzger »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.