"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 10:16:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (PVE) Random crits are pointless  (Read 5225 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: (PVE) Random crits are pointless
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 12:23:29 pm »

Or you didn't do anything to the tables?
Then not fail.

Nothing has been done to the tables in a long while. Stonewall is working on the same table thats been there for months.

LK protects you from being blinded and instakilled.

And bypasses
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 12:49:14 pm »

If you find it annoying, the perk is there. Player's descision.

Well, I have the perk with 10EN, and still die sometimes because of KO (with lot of raging)... Tough i dunno how much I avoid, I still see the one which take me down and cause my death. That's why i would like to see quick recovery better ;p I prefer stay always 2 sec on ground than sometimes 10.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 01:13:51 pm »

you only need 5 AG for quick recovery, if they make it better requirements must be balanced as well

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 02:04:57 pm »

you only need 5 AG for quick recovery, if they make it better requirements must be balanced as well

What about some test against AG to see how many AP you don't loose or something like that, to work like stonewall. And maybe add AG 6-8 to be balanced with stonewall.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 04:01:39 pm »

With 10 En you are ignoring half of the knockouts you would otherwise have suffered.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 04:29:42 pm »

With 10 En you are ignoring half of the knockouts you would otherwise have suffered.

Yes, but there is the other half ;p

avv

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 04:32:02 pm »

So basically only certain builds can pve alone quite safely. But because they invested perks and stats for that they suck at somewhere else. This kind of setting is common in pure team games. In such games there are classes who can for example take lots of damage but cant deal long range situations, some classes can heal but are bad at combat. It works but only when the whole team is together. In fonline we're mostly alone, or hanging around with similar builds. We don't "spawn" in groups or go to perform tasks in groups automatically. Every build has some speciality but because you are bad at some other things and there's nobody to back up the shortage the outcome is failure... unless you alt.
Because fonline is not pure team game, the builds cannot have the characteristics of a team game classes. This means that perks and stats providing very specified bonuses don't suit fonline. Surely we should specialize and have roles, but what comes to fighting such roles cannot be ripped from team game because we don't always fight in teams. Some skills and abilities should just come by default, but as active, not passive abilities. So instead of having for example stonewall completely remove some effects of explosions, we should have an ability to watch out from incoming rocket and stonewall could provide bonus to that ability.  

So basically what comes to better survival in encounters the game is telling us to either get in a group or start alting.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 02:09:43 am »

avv you are so wrong...
Fonline IS A TEAM GAME
If you have just 1 person to back you up and cover your ass in case. Again, about similar classes. They are all different.
If you have 10 friend each with 1- 2 char you can think which of your char to pick to make team most effective depending on task.

Fonline is not a team game for guys who want to be on their own. They make alts or even mults for taxi, craft, farm and PVP. But it sucks and boring.
The best part of FONLINE is people. So if getting death from some npcs, its so...

For pure solo play F2 is so much better )
So basically what comes to better survival in encounters the game is telling us to either get in a group or start alting.
You dont need to be apart of group. just a bunch of random players who will fight with you. Or sell you something you need.
Once again for pure solo you char must have specific characteristics. But its up to you - what is YOUR role in this game. It RPG after all

avv

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 11:07:31 am »

Fonline IS A TEAM GAME

Nope. In team games we automatically spawn among our teams and cannot be separated from it. Fonline just has the option to team up.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 02:42:11 pm »

2238 is "faction mod" for a reason.

avv

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 03:07:25 pm »

Nobody has still stated how long unconsciousness and 3x damage bypass crits are good features.

2238 is "faction mod" for a reason.

I know. But it's still not pure team game. Unless we start spawning in fixed locations with our gangs and do everything together it is pure team game. Look at wow, for example. There every class has its specialization for teamwork but have also full capabilities to adventure and roam the world alone. Being alone doesn't always mean it's bad for multiplayer because a player who travels alone does add to the multiplayer experience. He might want to trade with trading players because he can't produce everything, he meets people, fights them, avoids them or might team up for a short while with regulars of some place. 

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 03:25:49 pm »

Well, anyway, ATM, KO is almost as bad as insta death, and even with stonewall and 10EN, 3/4 time I die in PvP fight is because of a nasty KO.

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 08:41:32 pm »

I agree that this game is too much about luck.

The single player fallout was not build for multiplayer. We can just look how perks work, you need 4 endurence for lifefgiver, you need 7 perception for sharpshooter. Meaning, its a lot about Very High skill and Very low skill. The higher the skill you have, the bigger it can get, which is not good for balance.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.