"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:47:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A good Crit EW PvP build  (Read 4986 times)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: A good Crit EW PvP build
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 12:59:32 pm »

Crazy tell me who this Cultist is ? is he a guy from ur faction ?

I have nothing to do with this guy, dunno him. Tough I think he make horrible build.

Finesse is good because it gives you a much better chance to cripple arms which are one of the hardest targets to get a crit on and will instantly render a bger/plasma useless and 95% chance to crit eyes makes bypasses that much more likely. If you've been here longer than a couple months you should know who I am.

Finesse is good for cripplers, yeah. But the main objective of energy is DPS, if you want cripple, do a small gun, and finesse will be fine.
Also do an easy math:
-metal MKII: laser resistance: 80% +30%(finesse)=110%DR DAMN NO DAMAGE! (you almost giving him some HP ;p)
-BA: laser resistance: 70%+30%=100% DAMN NO DAMAGE!

You have still the plasma, but it's expansive and a close range weapon. At this range, you will need big damage fast to win. And with 30% less damahe (90% DR for BA!) you will do faaar less damage.

I've seen 200 from laser without bypass on BA, and often 80 withtout bypasses. No chance you do that with finesse: it will be no damage, even with *7dmg crit.

Seriously, you really don't do enough bypasses to count ONLY on this. We already make test with energy finesse-and that just suck.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 01:11:40 pm »

Thanks for the tip bro. I'll keep it 10 lk and no finesse :D what crit % am I looking for?

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 01:12:23 pm »

I gotta agree, the base damage of energy is high, and the finesse really hampers it and completely fucks it up, my guess is that in fallout finesse was meant to be as an early game perk, but a late game disadvantage...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 03:32:57 pm »

I gotta agree, the base damage of energy is high, and the finesse really hampers it and completely fucks it up, my guess is that in fallout finesse was meant to be as an early game perk, but a late game disadvantage...
if taken with living anatomy, i hear it can be quite effective.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 05:56:17 pm »

110%DR DAMN NO DAMAGE!
Fail, the DR is capped at 90%.

That one's okay. I'm going for highest possible crit chance though.
2 eyeshots with 75% eye critical chance does more overall damage than 1 shot 95% eye critical chance. I don't know why would you go so high criticals, it's not so necessary, only for unarmeds(they need to cripple often :P).

and all the dmg u do will be * 30%,
It's -30%... 100% - 30% = 70%
So all the damage you will do will be *70%. Not counting the bypasses, that are ignoring the entire damage resistance.

its not possible to take so many "more critica"l perks

1 eyeshot clean EW build. It has 85% eye crit chance, if you took finesse, you could have 95%. I'm not saying it's good to do it(finesse on EW), but it's possible.

My opinion about getting finesse? Only for SG. EW always goes damage :P
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 06:58:47 pm »

I think this build is lacking in the agility department.^ Good point though.

Cultist

• The face of God with an impostor's features
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 07:24:27 pm »

I have nothing to do with this guy, dunno him. Tough I think he make horrible build.

And this is based on? My builds have always been some of the best on the server because of my near complete knowledge of the game mechanics and how to divide points for maximum effectiveness. That and my ability to think outside the box.
The pervert, the pathological, the prophet
I'm the second coming, the Anti-Christ, the final conflict
Who got nuclear weapons and a suicidal doctrine?
The cult leader, and I'll never stop until I got you locked in
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 07:45:31 pm »

I think this build is lacking in the agility department.
What would you need more agility for?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 12:06:47 am »

Fail, the DR is capped at 90%.

YOU just failed... Character DR is capped at 90%, but it can go at 100% after the ammo/finesse modif.

[/quote]What would you need more agility for?[/quote]

Better rate of fire. It's partivulary cool that EW have low AP cost comparing to SG, so it can be good way to do: many shoots with a bit less crit.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:30:43 am by Crazy »

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 12:40:08 am »

Finesse is not a good choice, eventhough the great-most badass-famous-best-build-builder says so.

Anyway what are you going to use the build for is quite important. If you are a loner who doesnt play in TB consider build with 10AG, 6LK and brof. Your chances in 1on1 pvp are better then with the regular one shot. Its my personal opinion that suits my gamestyle its not the ultimate best build. I would like to add that I have only minor knowledge of game machanics and almost no experience.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 01:10:19 am »

I play in a faction but I am self sustainable. I can make a power build no problem. I hope to be clean and if I do drugs it'll be buffout, nuka, cig, jet, psycho.

Basically I want to PWN in Hinkley :)
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 05:24:35 am »

Okay my build is pretty decent clean and is meant to be even better dirty :P (drugs)

Small frame, good natured
EW, First aid, Doc(or outdoors cant remember)

Awareness, more crit, better crit, life giver, life giver, brof, weapon handling
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 09:13:57 pm by borse »
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 07:13:46 pm »

YOU just failed... Character DR is capped at 90%, but it can go at 100% after the ammo/finesse modif.
Finesse and ammo add % to the target's DR(character DR), there is no DR other than the character DR. If I'm wrong, give the source of your information.

Better rate of fire. It's partivulary cool that EW have low AP cost comparing to SG, so it can be good way to do: many shoots with a bit less crit.
Many shots? You're still gonna have 1 shot in a row... Yes, it's gonna regenerate faster and you will have the second shot sooner, but that will be useful only if you want to stay opened to enemy's fire and wait for APs to regenerate, considering that he doesnt kill you while you are waiting... If you're gonna use a hiding system, then it's not gonna make a big difference. You shot, hide from your enemy and regenerate your AP here. You can even sacrifice these 2 more seconds, lol.

Heh, maybe I am wrong. Maybe the difference is crucial. Anyway, if you actually wanna have MANY shots with a bit less crit, use this:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=9800.msg83340#msg83340

Okay my build is pretty decent clean and is meant to be even better dirty Tongue (drugs)

Small frame, good natured
EW, First aid, Doc(or outdoors cant remember)

Awareness, more crit, better crit, life giver, life giver, brof, more crit?

You don't have 6 ST or 3ST + Weapon Handling for the laser rifle, instead you just took 3ST. Now what? :P
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:17:23 pm by Floodnik »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 07:32:30 pm »

Finesse and ammo add % to the target's DR(character DR), there is no DR other than the character DR. If I'm wrong, give the source of your information.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=935.msg7545#msg7545

Just follow the pseudocode

Also, I quote a "simple" player but who explain well: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3525.msg31624#msg31624

I can still PM Atom if you want, because I can't find the quote I am searching. But I assure you I am right.

Many shots? You're still gonna have 1 shot in a row... Yes, it's gonna regenerate faster and you will have the second shot sooner, but that will be useful only if you want to stay opened to enemy's fire and wait for APs to regenerate, considering that he doesnt kill you while you are waiting... If you're gonna use a hiding system, then it's not gonna make a big difference. You shot, hide from your enemy and regenerate your AP here. You can even sacrifice these 2 more seconds, lol.

I would love to see all my fights going so easy that I just have to shoot and hide. Also, if you play in team, it's better and most effective if everyone stands and shoot without covering (or everyone cover at the same time, but harder to do) and it's also a good situation to have much AP.

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 09:14:14 pm »

Heh, maybe I am wrong. Maybe the difference is crucial. Anyway, if you actually wanna have MANY shots with a bit less crit, use this:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=9800.msg83340#msg83340

You don't have 6 ST or 3ST + Weapon Handling for the laser rifle, instead you just took 3ST. Now what? :P
fixed
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 21 queries.