"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:30:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Death of Merchants  (Read 2803 times)

Re: Death of Merchants
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 01:41:27 pm »

I don't know about banks in your country, but in mine there aren't armed security guards in banks.
It's the wasteland, meaning you draw a gun in a bank, you're shot on sight by the guards.

NPC and PC are simply different.
Some have an hp amount impossible for pc, others have armor not obtainable for pc, etc.
Not to mention the carry weight for npc seems to be unlimited.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing all minor traders like the iguana sellers and all guards being stealable.
Normal traders like Sha Enin, Jacob, etc. shouldn't be.

As for respawning npc, no cooldown at all.
A 10 minutes cooldown is all someone needs to relog in order to kill the same npc trader again.
Simply stick to the 1 minute respawn cooldown.
When they respawn, their inventory can be cleaned a bit to get rid of most radios, all unrepairable stuff, most mausers, decrease the amount of weak healing powder/BBs/... etc.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:43:38 pm by HertogJan »
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 01:59:15 pm »

If you clean out the amount of "crap" that they have then the merchant will not have any caps. As far as I understand the caps a merchant gets is essentially from occasionally wiping part of his inventory. For good or for bad the items that stay there long enough to be trashed are the ones nobody buys which are bbs, powders, radios etc because the rest (armors, stims, drugs, ammo, guns) is occasionally re-bought and resold.

(By the way my whole harsh harsh harsh is irony... I believe that if devs use it against us every time we complain we should also get to use it back).
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 10:36:17 am »

I doubt merchants get caps from the stuff removed from their inventory.
They always spawn the same amount of caps.

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 04:28:59 am »

Why make banks robable just to put shitloads of security there? So you want ability to rob them or not?
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 4.302 seconds with 28 queries.