"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:48:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Can't uninstall  (Read 998 times)

pocketlint60

• Velocirapture?
Can't uninstall
« on: November 10, 2010, 07:30:03 pm »

I installed Fonline but it doesn't work. When I click "play", nothing happens. I tried reinstalling fo2, but that didnt work. when I click "uninstall" on the fonline launcher, it closes and nothing happens. Also, I tried using the start menu uninstall program, it said it cant find it. I have Windows XP and the steam version of fallout 2. Please help!
Fallout Logic: If you have a Twig and your enemy has a Minigun, You can still win if you've practiced swinging stuff for a long time.
Re: Can't uninstall
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:35:02 pm »

First did you update fully? and if so make sure to read full changelog

IMPORTANT:
Run the updater to receive new files and delete the file named 94.23.237.127.2238.cache in the data folder.
In the FOnline.cfg file, find the line "PatchDatPath=fonline.dat" and change it to "PatchDatPath=faction.zip".
DAT files entered deprecation stage, whenever a .zip file with the same name is downloaded, the corresponding .dat can be deleted. In addition, fonline.dat is deprecated.

And if make sure you have the critter.dat and master.dat pointing to the correct directories under configure on the main menu then click the game tab

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 08:43:56 pm »

First you dont need to install a working Fallout2 to play Fonline. Just copy master.dat and critter.dat from Fallout CD to your
hdd. Then reinstall Fonline, and do what Slaver Snipe said, make sure config main menu hast the correct path to
master.dat and citter.dat, and do what Slaver snipes IMPORTANT note says.

Fonline can be just deleted afaik, there is no need for an uninstall programm as fonline does not create any data on other folders.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:56:33 pm »

Fonline can be just deleted afaik, there is no need for an uninstall programm as fonline does not create any data on other folders.

it makes records in regystry.
When i screwd my installation on Vista solution was to delete all regystry entries containing FOnline via regedit and then running norton registryDoctor to delete rest of related entries and then I was miraculously able to install FOnline again.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

pocketlint60

• Velocirapture?
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 05:34:26 pm »

See, the problem is I have no idea where the hell any of those files are. I"m not a computer expert, so I need some help.  I don't know where the "data" folder snipe mentioned is, and I don't know how to find the registry.
Fallout Logic: If you have a Twig and your enemy has a Minigun, You can still win if you've practiced swinging stuff for a long time.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.