"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 09, 2024, 09:53:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Changelog 01/10/2010  (Read 20128 times)

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
Re: Changelog 01/10/2010
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2010, 11:11:34 am »

cant wait for the WIP to be finished :) gonna start playing again then.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2010, 01:29:34 pm »

I've been buried away on Civ 5 for a couple of days, so allow me to go back a few pages.

Why increasing damage of all weapons, while it would be better to decrease damage of all weapons except melee/unarmed, so fights will be longer, and also instakills.. really sucks, I got instakilled and had instakills on others too often, even more often than before wipe, I thinking about Finesse trait isn't that bad, who cares about damage anyway, it's insta or not insta, so Finesse is just x2 More crit on the 1st level... or atleast remove insta on heads shots, or make AC or wearing armor affect it somehow, so there will be a reason to wear armor, because now it protects only against BGers.

Instakills are still exactly as likely as they were before. Its about 3% chance on an eye shot, which isn't too common.

Why was the damage of these increased rather than the damage of everything else decreased? Well, there were far less items than needed boosting compared to the items that would need nerfing ... so it worked this way.

The ultimate aim was to close the gap between the lowest and the highest. We had the nerfs to Fast Shot and the drugs and the corresponding buffing of the mid tier when the wipe was done, now we have the lowest weapons being boosted to compare better to the mid tier. Hopefully it will allow people to use a wider variety of weapons without being completely useless and makes newer players slightly less useless too. It should also be good for the NPCs who were armed with slightly less jazzy weapons recently.

Also, I can't be bothered going back to find the quote, but the difference between the Magneto and the normal Laser is the Magneto has the piercing effect. (So does the switchblade and the sharpened spear by the way) ;)

Throwing Knives aren't quite as good as the Frag in terms of damage in fact, but they can be aimed, so we should have a genuine alternative for throwing classes.

I'm reasonably happy with where most weapons are now, so unless a major issue arises I think we are settled for a while. Now all we need are perks, traits and cost rebalancing for weapons/ammo. Oh yeah, and to actually put the stealth boy on the server at some point :P

p.s. You noticed the Plasma Rifle range nerf right? Surprised noone mentioned it :P
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

RJ

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2010, 02:21:07 pm »

@up

Solar... so we should expect something new when it comes to tactics in combat or it all will be based on builds/perks etc as it is now?
Are armors going to be boosted and will each armor have it's own "critical table"? Or I should expect getting killed by BB gun (because it's realistic!!!) if I did not invest in proper perks/build?
"Sanity... is for the weak!"

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2010, 02:33:08 pm »

The intention was to have AC (or something similar) affect the crit roll, but when we had graphic for helmets ... we just haven't had the graphics for helmets yet, so its not been done.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2010, 03:05:11 pm »

Eckhem... - If im sure Melee - Throwning Weapons - got increased damage ? (like some kind of knives?)
If yes - i luv u <3

Off: Don't play so much Civ5 - i played too much - about 7 days - sleep no work no school :S
h
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2010, 04:00:21 pm »

Thanks for that glow treasure. It is a great fun to face the radiation hazards, vile robots, other treasurehunter groups and enviromental hazards in such a dark place. I am looking forward to more dungeons like this!
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2010, 11:16:00 pm »

Thanks for that glow treasure. It is a great fun to face the radiation hazards, vile robots, other treasurehunter groups and enviromental hazards in such a dark place. I am looking forward to more dungeons like this!

Oh damn... Smells like... You get the point ;D Please don't call "the Glow" a dungeon.
English is not my native language, go easy on me.
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2010, 09:30:49 am »

Beautyfull changes. I create build for laser pistol crippler now ;)

But tommy gun still completly useless even on low levels. Also top melee weapon need some boost because it cant do much against normal player.
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2010, 03:21:47 am »

it's nice to come back after a 2 week break from the game and see new, good features.

very promising changelog  :)
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2010, 06:20:39 pm »

24 hex for plasma rifle is too much nerfing

I did love the 30hex range but maybe you could try 27hex or something in th middle
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2010, 09:45:27 am »

Winchester P94 was overpowered. 80-160 crit against BCA and long range. 24 hex is balanced.

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2010, 02:42:09 pm »

24 hex for plasma rifle is too much nerfing

I did love the 30hex range but maybe you could try 27hex or something in th middle

30 was good.the prize and cost of hq minerals of plasma rifle  is balance enough of its own.u can upgrade easily many mini guns to avengers  to fight in every tc .Get it back to 30 please >:(

Resp

• I'll shoot second =]
    • spnet
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2010, 04:37:45 pm »

but avengers require many ammo
I'm sorry for my poor English. Please correct me, I will learn
"Hell," said Tanner. "That's my name...." (с)
http://wasteland.spb.su/fo/?s=2&t=4

oldsly

• Погибаю, но не сдаюсь
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2010, 09:47:33 pm »

It is IMPOSSIBLE to COMMUTE CHANNEL of RADIO, a transmission goes on all channels of radio
after updating left off to work Bonus Rate of Faire.
СЛОВО-ИСТИНЕ, ДУША-БОГУ, ДОЛГ-ОТЕЧЕСТВУ, СЕРДЦЕ-ЖЕНЩИНЕ, ЧЕСТЬ-НИКОМУ
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 18 queries.