"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 09:31:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Town Control  (Read 681 times)

Town Control
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:57:58 pm »

The proffesions and their requirements, like must be faction member of BOS and ENCLAVE to get proffesion this or that, i think it doesint work well. My counter idea would be to give instead every town would have some special item, like for exemple 5mm bullets crafted (or gived as TC reward) would have -5% more DR, or Desert Eagles from the Den would have 2 more damage per shot. For Enclave, Bos or Raiders as they look now they are more of a problem for a player, they dont really give anything, they dont open new areas of the game, those factions only exist one time when you get the proffesion then they are just there,, not giving anything gameplay wise. So unless they become somehow active on daily terms of Fonline world of faction politics, wars or events they will remain anti-gameplay.

In TC, i think the faction in control should have some kind of responsobility towards the town they control, i believe they should have to keep the town inhabbitants happy (counted out by the amount of visitors from outside, the inhabbitants should not like when people get killed (unless the player killed was in faction marked as enemy faction to one in control) in the town meaning the controlling faction have to keep the order aswell) if not, then the karma will be dropping, and in the end the town would revolt, the faction then can choose to deal with the revolt by force (which would lead to even worse karma, but they would maintain in control if they managed to put down the revolt (the revolt could be indicated the same way TC in progress shows up but only for the faction in control) but would have to deal with the revolt 1-2 times per week? (lets say the civilians revolting would respawn 1-2 times per week exept the traders that would not participate in revolt). One time it might happen that one gang tries to set up a team of unfaction people set as friends to the faction and use it as advantage, thats why I think that friends to faction should be counted same as the faction and any karma by any of those factions you are friend with should affect you, meaning you are friend to two factions one has karma -1000 with SF and one has -1000 with Modoc, then you as a friend of both get both -1000 with SF and -1000 with Modoc. I believe killing the civilans should not affect the karma though (becouse, this lowers the control of the system). Allowing factions have more bases then one is way to go aswell, now its only problematic to have more bases and its a must especially with the current speed at world map and cars that require garage.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 22 queries.