3 hours
- 1 (5.3%)
4 hours
- 1 (5.3%)
more than 4 hours
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stuff before team PvP  (Read 2965 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: Stuff before team PvP
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 02:43:42 pm »

Hello,
 first i want to send greetings to all co-writers, actualy banned on this forum like me. There is always hope ;)

Solar brothers,
 i know that VSB, Rogues, TTTLA did not exist in original Fallout serie (wait for F:NW, you may be surprised :) ), but why not add us some status like Raiders (Rogues, RDA,..) or some mercenaries (VSB, TTTLA,..) that will be Fallout compatible.

please, realize, that you want create NPC community with fighting players, support it, but there already exists. Maybe you can put exisitng gangs into planed NPC factions or use them like mercenaries, ... . We are already here, we are already PvP, half is PK, half anti PK, why not work with this material?
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 04:45:56 pm »

Because npc factions have fallout-related reason to fight and exist. There was no vsb, bbs or chosen soldiers in fallout universe. Players and player factions do not share the same interests as everyone else in the wasteland and that's why they cannot exist or have a major role there. There was no "wish to just pvp" in fallout world.

Marry me! ;)

That's a part of what I always thought about NPC factions and Players factions. I also think Players factions already have too much power on the game. They can (they actually do) slaughter a whole town, and forbid its access to anyone, for example. This is a HUGE power. And I'm not even mentioning town control. Imo, if you're in a players faction, you are free to do whatever you want BUT it will always be harder than in a NPC faction (but where you are not free) AND you won't have as much influence on game's world than if you were in a NPC faction.
Maybe you can put exisitng gangs into planed NPC factions
That's for sure a good idea (to achieve what I said above).
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 06:23:53 pm »

Solar brothers,
 i know that VSB, Rogues, TTTLA did not exist in original Fallout serie (wait for F:NW, you may be surprised :) ), but why not add us some status like Raiders (Rogues, RDA,..) or some mercenaries (VSB, TTTLA,..) that will be Fallout compatible.

please, realize, that you want create NPC community with fighting players, support it, but there already exists. Maybe you can put exisitng gangs into planed NPC factions or use them like mercenaries, ... . We are already here, we are already PvP, half is PK, half anti PK, why not work with this material?

This is what I was referring to in the following quote, I just wrote it badly:

Faction based PvP where your equipment is provided (Theres no reason why this can't be done in teams too)

Domination mode itself makes use of NPC factions using mercinaries (the PvP gangs) and faction scenarios could be smaller scale "team" rounds aswell as the big free for alls - then allow PvP gangs to "Ally" themselves with a specific NPC faction to take part in those.

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 25 queries.