"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 05:25:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Enhance Bonus Move  (Read 12502 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Enhance Bonus Move
« on: September 23, 2010, 11:15:51 am »

• For each level of Bonus Move, you get 2 free APs each turn that can only be used for movement. In other words, you can move 2 free hexes each turn for each level of this Perk.
  • You can only take this perk twice.

A character in FOnline: 2238 can only take up to 7 perks. Most of them are a must-have: Sharpshooter, BROF, Lifegiver (x2), Stonewall, More Criticals, Better Criticals, Awareness...
In order to make the players able to choose some other perks than these generic and powerful ones, please make the other perks a bit better.

Bonus Move only applies to Turn-Based mode, which means a character with this perk is less useful than another character when it comes to fight in real-time, or in a public location. This is also a perk that only allows to move, which means it is quite harmless (I doubt anyone would call it "overpowered", even if it was improved).

My suggestion is to make Bonus Move worth taking, and to change the AP it gives to move from 2 to 4 for each level of this perk.

Thanks
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Re: Enhance Bonus Move
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:18 pm »

Wow some chars would have a chance with lone wanderer or desert stalker in TB :D, yeah, that would be nice, also the variable is creating some suspense :p so you wont go with a mauser for centaurs or sth :P
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:40:32 pm »

I like this suggestion much, because you can escape more easily from bad battle.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 01:44:36 pm »

unless this perk is usefull in RT nobody is going to pick this perk up

we need to transfer this perk into RT
Aku Soku Zan

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 01:51:27 pm »

I disagree, there are some guys that appreciate the tactics that Turn-Based mode allows. However, nobody is going to take this perk if it is not a bit improved, because there are so much must-have perks to take around it.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 06:37:32 pm »

I disagree, there are some guys that appreciate the tactics that Turn-Based mode allows. However, nobody is going to take this perk if it is not a bit improved, because there are so much must-have perks to take around it.

the fact is even if those guys enjoy tactics that turn based mode allows, they have no control in terms of how they will fight.

u can buff all u want but unless u find away to affect RT theres no real value, instead u will have a situational perk

i already suggested move bonus perk to add a 10% (per perk) increase speed in RT while keeping the same effect in TB
Aku Soku Zan

avv

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 06:38:24 pm »

It wouldn't matter if it gave billion turn based points. IMO we should build this game around one combat system - the real time, that's the only way to make combat rationally balanced package.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Cultist

• The face of God with an impostor's features
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 07:04:31 pm »

man with extra 8 ap I'd just lure people into tb fights and own them.
The pervert, the pathological, the prophet
I'm the second coming, the Anti-Christ, the final conflict
Who got nuclear weapons and a suicidal doctrine?
The cult leader, and I'll never stop until I got you locked in

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 07:11:40 pm »

man with extra 8 ap I'd just lure people into tb fights and own them.
It wouldn't matter if it gave billion turn based points. IMO we should build this game around one combat system - the real time, that's the only way to make combat rationally balanced package.
Aku Soku Zan

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 08:59:09 pm »

Please make your own topic "Make Bonus Move work in RT". Thank you.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 09:38:19 pm »

Why we are discussing bonus move perk, which is somewhat useful compared to earlier sequence or cautious nature ?What we need is complete rework of 75% of existing perks.
I dont like your suggestion Izual, I think perks should be benificial both in TB and RT
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 09:46:40 pm »

So in other words, let's not improve it because it is a bad perk? Hum... Makes sense...
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 09:58:43 pm »

I didnt say that, I just think we need different approach in improving this perk. Modifying this perk, so it helps also in RT. It was also discussed in this suggestion
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 10:17:57 pm »

I didnt say that, I just think we need different approach in improving this perk. Modifying this perk, so it helps also in RT. It was also discussed in this suggestion

I disagree, there are lots of specified builds, one that take other perks over another, so even if Bonus move is completely useless for RT and thus not taken by PvP chars it would give some advantage for people playing more in TBC. If it really had 10% AP regen increase, most people would take it which is not the point to make everything up for PvP. It doesnt work for RT, some other things do, period.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 11:46:30 pm »

I disagree, there are lots of specified builds, one that take other perks over another, so even if Bonus move is completely useless for RT and thus not taken by PvP chars it would give some advantage for people playing more in TBC. If it really had 10% AP regen increase, most people would take it which is not the point to make everything up for PvP. It doesnt work for RT, some other things do, period.

thats not true.. powerbuilds already have all 7 predifined perks

It doesnt work on RT becouse this game wasnt meant to be played on RT, u might aswell erase this perk if u think it shouldnt translate into RT

im not a pvper and i prefer RT because of fast pace

choosing moving perk is equivalent of putting urself in a wheelchair.... yeah u will go down faster than the others on a hill.. but thats ur only adavantage to others... every other single scenario u will loose big time to even a child (noob)
Aku Soku Zan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 23 queries.