"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 11, 2024, 09:50:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sticky targetting  (Read 683 times)

Cultist

• The face of God with an impostor's features
Sticky targetting
« on: September 22, 2010, 11:46:22 pm »

In order to solve a few problems, mainly clicking on running players and low range attacks such as hth/flamer/nades I'm suggesting that when you click on a target it become highlighted, and hitting A will execute whatever action is currently displayed in the hud. When you select an enemy and have an attack available hitting A will cause you to run to the target until you are within minimum range and attack. If the target leaves your LOS they will be deselected. This will fix the issue of wasted ap's when your target runs out of range after you've initiated an attack (since the animation delay causes issues in RT) as well as the issue of not being able to hit moving targets with hth. Aimed attacks can be preset so you only have to click once to do an eye shot instead of clicking the target, clicking the eye in the pop up. You are already penalized by the additional ap requirements and the clicking in RT with pop up windows that cover the screen is just clunky design and prone to problems with lag. By the time you click the target and click the body part they can be out of sight, and during this you can't move or even see most of the screen. The AI can do an aimed attack while running hth, there's no reason players shouldn't be able to as well.
The pervert, the pathological, the prophet
I'm the second coming, the Anti-Christ, the final conflict
Who got nuclear weapons and a suicidal doctrine?
The cult leader, and I'll never stop until I got you locked in

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
Re: Sticky targetting
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:24:38 am »

Good suggestion!
Also you should be able to cycle between hostile (red outline) and friendly (green) targets using keyboard shortcuts...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 22 queries.