"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:22:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [base] Vault City Sentry Post  (Read 6168 times)

Re: [base] Vault City Sentry Post
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 06:44:48 pm »

I think this would be more interesting as a public base for VC citizens, as part of the incoming NPC faction system. You become a Citizen, but you're still a stinky wastelander. So you're assigned quarters outside of the city. You respawn there/get private storage; same as hotels. Only here it's free and there isn't the ridiculous rush to get a room. That would probably require a basement map, though.

As a side note, is there a way for a stairway to take players to their own individual instanced map? Player 1 can only ever get to Player 1's basement room when he uses the stairs, Player 2 can only ever get to Player 2's basement room when he uses the same stairs, etc.

It would also serve as the hub for VC's organised fixed team PvP, a place to sell goods, as well as a quest hub for VC citizens - I'm imagining the same repeatable quests for all factions, go kill/steal/persuade this guy and we give you reward and FACTION POINTS. A similar location would exist for NCR members, Khans, San Fran Communists, and whatever other NPC factions are planned.

Sorry, my imagination kind of ran away with me there.

But yeah. I don't think we need another buyable base so much as much as we need NPC faction bases.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 06:48:08 pm »

Yeah, Badgers ideas are much more appealing.
For that purpose the map just looks perfectly fitting.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 08:12:11 pm »

But yeah. I don't think we need another buyable base so much as much as we need NPC faction bases.

Indeed. I saw it and though it was pretty useful for domination mode ;)

I think this would be more interesting as a public base for VC citizens, as part of the incoming NPC faction system. You become a Citizen, but you're still a stinky wastelander. So you're assigned quarters outside of the city. You respawn there/get private storage; same as hotels. Only here it's free and there isn't the ridiculous rush to get a room. That would probably require a basement map, though.

As a side note, is there a way for a stairway to take players to their own individual instanced map? Player 1 can only ever get to Player 1's basement room when he uses the stairs, Player 2 can only ever get to Player 2's basement room when he uses the same stairs, etc.

It would also serve as the hub for VC's organised fixed team PvP, a place to sell goods, as well as a quest hub for VC citizens - I'm imagining the same repeatable quests for all factions, go kill/steal/persuade this guy and we give you reward and FACTION POINTS. A similar location would exist for NCR members, Khans, San Fran Communists, and whatever other NPC factions are planned.

This is what the main faction bases will/should be.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.