"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 02:53:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: FOnline, the game equivalent of a sidedish?  (Read 9357 times)

.WarChanges

• Billions of blue, blistering bluesuits!
Re: FOnline, the game equivalent of a sidedish?
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2010, 01:46:55 pm »

What do you mean? So the player interaction for you is just "Meet someone on encounter, he gives you SMG. Wow! Yeah, cool player interaction, yes, in FOnline players can give items to each other, they can even barter! So what?" If appearing and disappearing items in your inventory is very enjoyable and you like this game because you can give items to other players and then can give them to you, then yes, it's good for you.
In game progress itself there's no player ineraction at all... ok, there's a player ineraction, you can achieve some items if you meet a guy in metal with 5 mercs, nice.
Probably it's easier to be PK, because that's really player interaction when you getting all items from other players, not boring NPCs or critters, but anyway, then don't getting XP for this for obvious reasons, but it can be done by other way, and without even killing "innocent", but fair PvP. Where you'll get real progress.

I understand what your saying but what I don't understand is how you expect player interactions to evolve past meeting someone else, helping them, trading with them. From my proberly limited experience of MMOs the above actions is as far as it ever went with player interaction. And what you are proposing to solve this apparent problem is to kill people? I don't see the gain in PvP, you criticise me for being amused at items appearing and disappearing in my inventory but yet isn't that all PvP comes to in the end? Gaining some weapons and some armor that the guy you just killed was just wearing? Sure, you can talk to them for a minute before they respawn but the most that will come out of that conversation is swearing and cussing. I personally prefer chatting to people and trading more than having some person swearing at me and I would even go ahead and saying that trading and chatting is a better example of player interaction.

Launching pad what for? For doing pointless things whole life?

Well, yes actually. If you consider playing FOnline pointless then yes I suppose quests simply are a launching pad for doing more pointless things. I can't really try to change your opinion because in the end your view about the value of the game doesn't come down to mechanics but simply what you deem to be purposeful.

That's why noone likes MMOs, everyone know that they are wasting time playing MMO, but they still playing it, they know that there's no point in this, but they still playing it, only because of players, it's like chat, but even better, because you may kill someone at this chat, if you don't like him, also you can be better or worst than other player there, that what MMO is.

Personally I beg to differ. If you enjoy doing something then it isn't a waste of time, no matter what it is. What I do agree on however is that an MMO simply boils down to chatting with others and attempting to be the best.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.