"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 07:12:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Buff shotguns  (Read 3028 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Buff shotguns
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 06:22:23 pm »

The effect should disappear if you are on Jet at the time.

Miniguners still can't shoot 3 times with "new" jet.

Ah, you noticed that eh? ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 07:07:26 pm »

Nerfing fast shot isn't nessesary. You try to buffed small gunners and nerfing big gunners. Ok - but you do it wrong. Now 2 bursts is maximum with sg and bg. Now is 2 bursts from minigun vs. 2 bursts from assault rifle/combat shotgun/pancor etc. All you can do is nerfing jet. Now is possibile have maximum only 14 AP (10 AG=10AP + 2 action boy=12 AP + jet=14 AP). And thats all. burst from minigun needs minimum 5 AP before last wipe. 14 AP = 2  bursts.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 07:57:56 pm »

You have to make much bigger compromises in survivability if you want to do 2 bursts per turn if you are BG then SG (especially if you want stonewall)...
I think the fast shot nerf was a good thing, I play 1 burst per turn BG tank and it's ok in RT...

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 08:00:47 pm »

ideea: make shotgun and saw-off shotguns aimed bursts
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 08:26:34 pm »

You have to make much bigger compromises in survivability if you want to do 2 bursts per turn if you are BG then SG (especially if you want stonewall)...
I think the fast shot nerf was a good thing, I play 1 burst per turn BG tank and it's ok in RT...

In RT. But in TB it's sucks. It's easy to make BG with 2 bursts with turn (buffout and nuka cola) so nerfing fast shot don't have any sense.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 09:25:24 pm »

ideea: make shotgun and saw-off shotguns aimed bursts
Burst never be got aimed. Burst is reckless and powerful attack.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 09:50:49 pm »

Nerfing fast shot isn't nessesary. You try to buffed small gunners and nerfing big gunners. Ok - but you do it wrong. Now 2 bursts is maximum with sg and bg. Now is 2 bursts from minigun vs. 2 bursts from assault rifle/combat shotgun/pancor etc. All you can do is nerfing jet. Now is possibile have maximum only 14 AP (10 AG=10AP + 2 action boy=12 AP + jet=14 AP). And thats all. burst from minigun needs minimum 5 AP before last wipe. 14 AP = 2  bursts.

If I'd wanted to just buff small guns, I would have just buffed small guns. Fast Shot was made into a real trait, not a perk you can take on char creation. Eventually Fast Shor will be expanded to encompass more than the few pistols that it benefits at the moment and we will have a nice new char class.

Alpha strikes were nerfed. On purpose. Sure p90c and 10mm SMG are good in turn based - they also have a pistol range and don't enjoy similar advantages in RT (where most PvP occurs).
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 10:03:08 pm »

If I'd wanted to just buff small guns, I would have just buffed small guns. Fast Shot was made into a real trait, not a perk you can take on char creation.

I don't know, I'd say for small gun users it was a legitimate trait. Just not a great one. If you're trying to encourage people to go with single shot fast shotters, maybe make the AP reduction for single shots bigger, like -2AP.

Or rework one hander so that there's an AP bonus for pistols and an AP penalty for rifles and hey new character class.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 12:02:30 am »

like -2AP.

For rifles, thats exactly what I had in mind, just havent asked if its technically possible yet :P

For pistols the AP drop is enough already, doesn't need to go any further.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 07:35:22 am »

When I first started to wander the wastes in search for weaker enemies to make some XP, I had a 10mm pistol and a (basic) shotgun. The reason: I wanted to use the pistol most of the time, but switch to shotgun if one of those raiders managed to get near.

The point is, I don't know if this happened to you, but my shotgun tended to do the same amount of damage than my 10mm pistol. And what is worse, burst mode seemed to do the same amount of damage than single mode most of the time. One could say that I should not complain about this, since both the 10mm and the shotgun can be crafted by a noob with no profession. But I was expecting to get something in change for just being able to load TWO freaking bullets in a shotgun. In other words, shotgun worked simply like a 10mm pistol with a two bullets magazine. Conclusion: shotgun was useless.

I think the shotgun needs to be more than this. One should need to care to avoid getting close to an enemy who's wielding one, even if its a basic one. I wouldn't be amused if some sucker shot me in the groin with his shotgun.
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 01:25:48 pm »

I had a 10mm pistol and a (basic) shotgun. The reason: I wanted to use the pistol most of the time, but switch to shotgun if one of those raiders managed to get near.

I had the exact same dilemma, with the exact same weapons (well, the sawnoff). I realise the 2/1 JHP damage modifier was the cause - even though the shotgun seems like it's more powerful, the 10mm pistol is a much more practical weapon. Especially with the lower AP requirements.

As far as the sawnoff goes, I'd suggest that it gets a damage buff and costs as much AP as a pistol to fire - after all, it has exceptionally short range and is fired one handed (manly). If you're feeling brave, maybe even make it use the pistol animations.

But as Solar's said, he's realised all this. So it'll be interesting to see what he decides to do with them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:28:13 pm by Badger »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 23 queries.