"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 08, 2024, 02:46:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some merc ideas...  (Read 977 times)

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
Some merc ideas...
« on: October 18, 2010, 05:35:54 am »

I suggest making mercs just as players, that means that they should be bought weak, lvl up, without loosing their lvl on death, just the items, getting perks just as players do(we all know the common builds, bg should get BRD, BROF and so on) There should be an option to get your mercs back after death (players can be replicated, why mercs cant?) All in all these implementation should not lead to mercs and merc builds unbalanced, they will always loose to players that don't just dumbly shoot all the time standing in an open area, but will force players to use tactic so that not to be out-gunned. In case these suggestions get implemented, cha system should be changed for mercs, that is something like cha-3 / 3. Right now the merc system sucks, the only purpose that most mercs have right now is just guarding(tents, bases) The super mutants are way too healthy and expensive to loose. A leader guy with 5 mutants that runs into a group of top geared players will loose for sure. Anyway mercs right now are just a dumb and expensive piece of meat.
English is not my native language, go easy on me.
Re: Some merc ideas...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:55:47 am »

I agree with most of this but if the merc dies you should be able to buy a new one at whatever level that the previous one died at, but you should indeed have to buy them back (probably best if its a decent amount of caps increase per merc level) something that seperates true merc builds and the people who just make CHA alts to guard things.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:57:39 am by Slaver Snipe »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 01:44:25 pm »

Impossible, needless work and overpowered...You choose your merc you should know his choice will be the best for his skills. I like the permanent lvl of merc... that would be some compensation for all that grinding, which no one does now
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:53:01 pm by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:30:29 pm »

NPCs should be killable. It would be overpowered. For that effect u can hire some player.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 09:48:41 pm »

NPCs should be killable. It would be overpowered. For that effect u can hire some player.
They are, just every other npc but Followers respawn.  Isn't a powerbuild supposed to be powerfull?  To just get shot in the back by.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 10:34:52 pm »

5 mercs can still get raped easily by powerbuilds and they don't require a week+ of farming to replace.

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 01:09:11 am »

We want some merc improvements! They should remain their lvl after death, their prices should increase depending on their lvl, just use some common sense, why would one lvl him up if he gets killed and all the time gets waisted? This would make them more interesting to use, will give true leader builds something to do, more RP, although this feature should only be implemented after some merc nerfing, they should have low hp at the start and end up with a good hp in the end, their lvl table should also be changed, something like lvl cap(21) at ~100k exp, there should be a command that shows/makes them tell you their lvl.
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 03:14:50 am »

If mercs would be overpowered, then so is militia, get rid of militia, militia is WAAYYY more powerful than mercs, even with this suggestion, they would still be more powerful, because mercs lvling up max would be about 200 hp, while mostm militia have between 300-500 hp, plus they're only 500 fucking caps!!! ad can come with AVENGERS, and ppk gauss pistols!  FOR 500 CAPS!! and people say THIS Suggesstion would be overpowered?!?!  Yet A LONE BIG GUNNER TANK, COULD EASILY wipe out an entire militia by just standing in the doorway, a tactic many people use to counter merc leader attack. 

LET THIS SUGGESTION BE SO!  ...  please?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.