"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:44:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Savings Interest in FLC  (Read 1648 times)

Savings Interest in FLC
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:49 am »

I am pretty sure that nearly after wipe the savings interst in Hub FLC that was 3%. Few days ago it was 2%. Today this is only 1%. Could someone explain me why it has been changed and why now it is so low savings interest?
Nuka Cola - tasty and refreshing.

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Savings Interest in FLC
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 01:54:04 pm »

people are storing money in the bank, more money in bank = lower interest rates...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 03:07:50 pm »

When you give a bank alot of money they tend to offer higher interest rates not lower.

If I go to a bank and give my 14k Euro for a savings acount they will give me 2-3% maybe 4% if I put them in a "closed" for 12 months account. If someone goes with 250k Euro he will get about 6-7% in a similar type of closed account.
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 06:46:52 pm »

the wasteland does not have an unlimited ammount of money, you should have seen how it was prewipe, a nearly permanent 0% interest rate... and balance issues, big gangs storing 78 mil in the banka nd getting a retrieval of 780K caps per day, and that's just with 1%...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 06:56:15 pm »

When you give a bank alot of money they tend to offer higher interest rates not lower.

If I go to a bank and give my 14k Euro for a savings acount they will give me 2-3% maybe 4% if I put them in a "closed" for 12 months account. If someone goes with 250k Euro he will get about 6-7% in a similar type of closed account.

you said it... you deposit the money there and cant use it for some (quite long) period... it is not profitable for bank to give you big interest if you deposit the money for just short period, because only you make the profit from this... trust me, I work in bank :D
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 10:18:06 am »

@ Gordulan

er money is not unlimited in the real world either!

Anyway, lets not talk about finance and interest rates and inflation and micro/macro economics now for a game.

@ Enzo

There are diffrent interests depending on how long you will keep your money in a bank as well as for how much money you put in. Generally we make a pittance compared to what banks make out of the money we put there even for a day. The bank does not necessarily use my money on a daily basis but what they Can accomplish by having ready funds and being able to invest it to fund other project of theirs is how they make their money.

In any case, we are not disagreeing anywhere, I am just saying things with banks are not as simple. Also, working in a bank does not make you an expert ;) having a degree in Finance, a masters in Finance and... running a bank does. And even that is not enough some times ;)

Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 11:27:16 pm »

ok, to keep this discussion simple... fonline is not simulator of banking systems and products... it is post-apo RPG (even if the RPG part could be questioned)... so your whole point is invalid, because you want something from this game that will quite for sure never happened :)
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 02:09:09 am »

Agreed. This is the wasteland. If the FLC bank truly wanted to, they could eliminate interest or even charge you a nominal and/or monthly fee to store your money...

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 10:47:26 pm »

Agreed. This is the wasteland. If the FLC bank truly wanted to, they could eliminate interest or even charge you a nominal and/or monthly fee to store your money...

They do charge a fee.  It costs 100 caps to open the account.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.671 seconds with 22 queries.