"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 09:25:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: hotel room changes  (Read 1505 times)

hotel room changes
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:38:58 am »

well, most hotel rooms are a cool feature, but somewhat useless, as only a small part of the population will be able to use them. i see no reason why, that towns couldn't have a underground area, such as sewers with beds. it would be a small room, with a locker, a bed and a little space to move around. junktown had underground areas, such as doc morbid's. why couldn't people just expand on that area, make his hospital a hotel and move it some where else? in broken hills, there could be a part of the mine that is deprived of ore and made into the "rooms" right now, less then a hundred people have hotel rooms, and that isnt fair for the rest of the population. its a simple idea, that would be easy to put ingame.

Korusho

• Beeop? BEEOP! BEEEEOOOOOPPPPP
Re: hotel room changes
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:37:04 am »

It might be fixed later on, as it seems like something the devs would do.

Here is what I say though, just because the bombs dropped doesn't mean we suddently forgot how to use shovels and hammers.
I wonder if this tripwire has enough BZZT in it...

avv

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:07:06 pm »

Bah, the hotel could have a green grid in front of each of its rooms, when player owns a room and steps on that green grid, he is sent to his personal hotelroom map. The actual rooms visible in the town would be just cosmetic. Who cares if it's a bit unrealistic.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 11:52:06 pm »

Bah, the hotel could have a green grid in front of each of its rooms, when player owns a room and steps on that green grid, he is sent to his personal hotelroom map. The actual rooms visible in the town would be just cosmetic. Who cares if it's a bit unrealistic.

Someone should say that it wont fit with Fallout world.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 01:39:04 am »

Someone should say that it wont fit with Fallout world.

no, you are wrong... the correct answer is, that there is no reason why players should get everything from the very beginning without doing anything for it  ;)
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 09:02:45 am »

no, you are wrong... the correct answer is, that there is no reason why players should get everything from the very beginning without doing anything for it  ;)

I agree.
Hotel rooms should be limited.
Some kind of room vacant/no rooms available sign on the hotel would be nice though.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 10:32:09 am »

But assuming you are not INCREDIBLY unlucky in the beginning you probably can make 100 caps a week and keep your room for ever! Unless that player quits or deletes the character then someone who has booked a room for the week can simply go ahead and "extend" his stay as he knows exactly when the week passes.

That way the precious few will get the precious few rooms and thats it.

If introducing an "endless rooms" concept is not what the devs want then perhaps they could introduce a cooldown disallowing you from keeping a room for ever... perhaps a two day cooldown on room renting...
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 11:22:47 am »

haha good one :D

My opinion is that limited hotelrooms give a nice realistic feeling and can lead to very interessting fun situations.
One time we were hidin in one of our dudes hotelroom and tried to throw some guys out of redding. This was really fun.

On the other side if someone really wants a room he can keep it forever, therefore if there are enuff people who want their rooms few hours after the wipe they are sold out (as it happened this time again).

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 08:02:15 pm »

I agree.
Hotel rooms should be limited.
Some kind of room vacant/no rooms available sign on the hotel would be nice though.

oh... i forgot... to add this [sarcasm] and this [/sarcasm], sorry for confusing you...
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 08:18:34 pm »

I have to say that the limited rooms is a huge piece of bullplop really, there shouldn't be any real reason not to own a hotel room, first come, first serve rule doesn't really work for normal stuff in a MMO environment therefore ruining several useful key features of a somewhat good game by limiting the poeple who are able to use the feature to the people who managed to log into the game first and as we all know people they want to hamster away as much as possible from other people, I'll have to agree about making a personal hotel room entrance grid with an unlimited number of rooms.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 08:33:22 pm »

I'm not sure if that's a good idea. imagine 50 people running to a hotel, all in the same direction, and entering the same room, then dissapearing. I think a better solution would be to increase the prices. If it's 100caps per week it should be per day. prices should be different depending on how the rooms look, and where they are. would be nice to have some really cheap ruined stinking holes in some hotels, and in other we could have some expensive rooms for 1000caps per day.
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 08:34:21 pm »

Alright, instead of a personal hotel room entrance grid why not a personal hotel room entrance stairway?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.