"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 15, 2024, 11:22:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A farewell to FOnline.  (Read 6663 times)

Donnie

• Goodfella
Re: A farewell to FOnline.
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2010, 03:56:40 pm »

stop fkn crying about your 3 hours lost, you spent 3 hours playing a GAME, you are not investing stocks, nothing was LOST. you want a game that rewards your cumulative hours in the form of safe secure nodrop soulbound loot? then you BELONG in wow, and you two deserve each other.

Whoa calm down . Who is "fkn" crying ? Did you read everything ? Or you just flamed at the first word you read ?
I just expressed my opinion like everyone else in a forum , especially for an open beta .

Now , I never said pvp is wrong , or stealing , or anything else . First its a game , second its Role Play . I agree when Ned said " players to deliver the consequences " , it's true , but why not making it a Global Karma system ?

Hey before anyone starts flaming and anything else , I'm just asking , Idk how much time eventually would take to develop something like that or whatever . Its an innocent question from a guy that barely knows English and tries many times to write down something with sense .  ;D

No Problem
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2010, 04:07:56 pm »

post wasnt directed at YOU, your ideas are sound, it is at the "YOU" who is the people complaining about losing items to pkers when they do not understand the premise of the game in the first place. this is not diagloue-heavy single player fallout. this is fonline 2238, a simulated combat environment within an apocalyptic wasteland. it is a pvp mmo with sandbox -ELEMENTS-. it is NOT a full blown sandbox, the sandbox elements that ARE there, are there to SUPPORT THE PVP, which is the main functioning design of fonline 2238.
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2010, 11:20:40 pm »

So you are officialy confirming the devs plan for Fonline is massive competition killing?

As far as I know, no such thing has been stated or confirmed, especially since this is still beta.

Maybe the devs DO need to let folks know this game willl be about crafting and killing.  That this game is catered to and wishes to support griefing AKA total wasteland violence.

This way those folks who cannot handle it can stay the fuck away so the PVP crowd need not hear about "whining" ever again.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:24:45 pm by Keldorn »
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2010, 12:22:44 am »

the game supports total wasteland violence if the wasteland lets it happen. that is part of the sandbox. unfortunately all the sandbox elements are directly tied into pvp at the moment, that is simply the truth. it is clear that the focus has thus far been on pvp. the game revolves around combat -- through factions or through individuals -- which some enjoy, while others will seek to berate at any cost. if the game isn't for you, it isn't for you.

it is still early on the server and apk/pk towns/areas have not been fully "decided"... give it a couple more weeks and things will be more clear. if you do not enjoy pvp in all its form, including losing, and losing miserably, then you're not going to have fun in a pvp game. when you get 1shot by someone with a weak gun while you are wearing BOS CA and a t3 weapon, you must learn to laugh. it is all part of the game. if that happened to some of these posters, they would come to the boards and cry about how getting 1shotted ruins the game.

just play the game how you want to play it, and all will turn out. if you give up before you get started, you only have yourself to blame for not liking it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:24:54 am by zato1 »
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2010, 03:08:47 am »

Just do what I do. Spit on them Yankees and their high falutin' destructive ways and live a relaxing, luxurious life in the South.

Wake yourself up about noon, take yourself a casual dander about the wastes and pick a few broc flowers, make a few healing powders, and buy yourself a shotgun. Have a relaxing drink round 'bout early afternoon, and shoot a few pigrats just to keep your edges sharp.

It's a fight I've been fighting for years, son. It ain't worth fightin', anymore. The south ain't gonna rise again. Powerbuild is king, and that's the way them bure-o-crats in Washington like it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.