Author Topic: Making a NPC eventer.  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Powerack

• Administrátor na doživotí.
    • Powerackovo Doupě
Making a NPC eventer.
« on: December 20, 2018, 03:46:53 am »
Hello everybody!

I want to use one of unused NPCs in Hub as eventer NPC. The player chooses a map based on his level or skill and eventer creates a temporary location near the city. As soon as the player clears the location and returns to the task, the location will disappear from the map and the task will not be available for one hour. That was my original plan, but I do not know where to start. I have prepared some maps from easiest with some rats and some basic stuff in containers, to hard with many enemy for groups, but I am lost in scripts and creating dialogs.

Can someone help me with it?

My ideas:

1. Level 2 - 9. A simple quest for killing rats (as in the quest A tent in the Wasteland).
2. Level 10 - 14. Raiders Camp - Same thing first, just kill, pick up loot and leave to surrender the task.
3. Level 15 - 19. Difficult Raiders, More Things to Collect.
4. Level 20+. Deathclaw Base. For groups. Better stuff to collect.

As I wrote, the locations are ready, NPCs inside locations too. I just do not know how to make that dialogue and scripts.
I am working on private server at: fonline.powerack.cz.
Why I cant use image in signature?

Online Slowhand

• Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
Re: Making a NPC eventer.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 12:36:48 pm »

Offline Powerack

• Administrátor na doživotí.
    • Powerackovo Doupě
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 03:03:00 pm »
Thanks for your reply, but I need a step-by-step tutorial for dumb  ;D

Really. I read your tutorial, its really good work. But Im simple  :D

I thought so: Manually I put the NPC into the city (for example, Hub) and for this particular NPC I just write a dialogue. Based on character level, he enters one of the four tasks listed above and creates a location for him. Once a player clears the site and returns back to the NPC, he receives a reward and the NPC removes the location from the world map. It looks simple, but it's too much for me...

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:56:20 am by Powerack »
I am working on private server at: fonline.powerack.cz.
Why I cant use image in signature?

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 09:38:17 pm »
Yes, the best approach is to write on paper what exactly you need to do and then try to simply complete task step by step. First you should find out how to make basic dialog and attach it to particular NPC. After that, try to make few dialog's answers based on conditions. If you know that and feel comfortable, then you can start thinking about creating location from answer. I would like to help you somehow but currently I can not do anything related to modding but I highly recommend you recreating basic dev tutorial.

Feel free to ask if you have more detailed questions.