"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:00:43 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Big Gunnersmith  (Read 2137 times)

Big Gunnersmith
« on: August 31, 2010, 02:42:29 pm »

Hi! I want to make a Big Gunner Crafter that can travel safe and fast, but i don't manage to make one...  :-\
The idea was to have 135% BG, 100% Science (HQ Alloys need 100%), 120% Repair to make Big Gunner lv3, 10 INT (it's a must for a Crafter) and at least 4 CH, so with a Mentats, i can bring to the BoS only 120 5mm JHP. But i suggest also to have Pathfinder (2), not so difficult, I only need 40% Outdoorsman (but i'll bring it at least to 120-130) and a high Carry Wight, beacause I dig HQ Minerals/Ores in Gecko, and next, i've to return at the base. So: what S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and Perk you suggest to make this character?

Sorry for any grammal error, I'm italian, and i don't speak english very well  ;D

Thanks to all!

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Big Gunnersmith
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 03:55:31 pm »

Here's a character planner, you can experiment with different "builds" until you are happy with skill generation and perk choices.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=1984.0

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:10:49 pm »

Assuming it's about crafting and not fighting:
ST 7 (90 carry weight)
PE 6
EN 6
CH 4
IN 10
AG 6
LK 1

Traits: Good Natured, Kamikaze
Skills: BG, Repair and a 3rd could be outdoorsman

10 IN nets you 25 skill points per level resulting in 500 total.

Useful perks are Livegiver at 12, Awareness, Packrat (+22 carry weight), Strong Back (+22 carry weight), Action Boy, Stonewall.
You could use survivalist perks (+25% to outdoorsman, 3 levels) if you don't want to tag outdoorsman.

Tested through Character Planner with BG, FA and Repaired tagged,results at level 21:
BG 164
FA 151
Doctor 100
Repair 200
Outdoor 140

Hitpoints 174

Perks:
Lvl 3 - Strong Back
Lvl 6 - Survivalist (raise outdoors till 65 first!)
Lvl 9 - Survivalist (2)
Lvl 12 - Lifegiver
Lvl 15 - Survivalist (3)
Lvl 18 - Action Boy
Lvl 21 - Action Boy (2)

FA and doctor are just something I added to get rid of the excessive skill points due to the 10 IN.
Personally I would take less IN and just go for a build with BG, Repair and Outdoorsman tagged.
Put 2 points less in IN and put them in EN or AG.
Not taking survivalist as perks means not putting points in doctor and putting a few points less in FA.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:12:43 pm by HertogJan »
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:07:13 pm »

Assuming it's about crafting and not fighting:
ST 7 (90 carry weight)
PE 6
EN 6
CH 4
IN 10
AG 6
LK 1

Traits: Good Natured, Kamikaze
Skills: BG, Repair and a 3rd could be outdoorsman

10 IN nets you 25 skill points per level resulting in 500 total.

Useful perks are Livegiver at 12, Awareness, Packrat (+22 carry weight), Strong Back (+22 carry weight), Action Boy, Stonewall.
You could use survivalist perks (+25% to outdoorsman, 3 levels) if you don't want to tag outdoorsman.

Tested through Character Planner with BG, FA and Repaired tagged,results at level 21:
BG 164
FA 151
Doctor 100
Repair 200
Outdoor 140

Hitpoints 174

Perks:
Lvl 3 - Strong Back
Lvl 6 - Survivalist (raise outdoors till 65 first!)
Lvl 9 - Survivalist (2)
Lvl 12 - Lifegiver
Lvl 15 - Survivalist (3)
Lvl 18 - Action Boy
Lvl 21 - Action Boy (2)

FA and doctor are just something I added to get rid of the excessive skill points due to the 10 IN.
Personally I would take less IN and just go for a build with BG, Repair and Outdoorsman tagged.
Put 2 points less in IN and put them in EN or AG.
Not taking survivalist as perks means not putting points in doctor and putting a few points less in FA.

Sorry, but if it's not for combat, Lifegiver is useless, don't you think? I don't need Doc, i'll take it with the BGer. This crafter need to travel a lot and safely for materials, and so, Pathfinder x2 can help a lot. And to take BG lv3, I need at least AG 7, so i can put Small Frame and Kamikaze, that can be usefull for run away from PK/Mob (i'll have less Carry Weight, but I need it for the profession). The problem is: how can I travel safe and fast, bring with me a lot of materials and take BG lv3?
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 06:26:01 pm »

Sorry, but if it's not for combat, Lifegiver is useless, don't you think? I don't need Doc, i'll take it with the BGer. This crafter need to travel a lot and safely for materials, and so, Pathfinder x2 can help a lot. And to take BG lv3, I need at least AG 7, so i can put Small Frame and Kamikaze, that can be usefull for run away from PK/Mob (i'll have less Carry Weight, but I need it for the profession). The problem is: how can I travel safe and fast, bring with me a lot of materials and take BG lv3?

Move 1 point from IN to AG.
Forget about doc and FA, skill points saved from not increasing FA and doc are more than enough to compensate for the loss of 1 IN.
You still might want at least 40 FA for an easier start as you can make weak healing powder that way.
The extra freed points can be put in outdoorsman.
Survivalist increases outdoorsman, pathfinder only changes travel speed.
So pathfinder isn't necessary for safe travel, it's just convenient.
Trade lifegiver for packrat for another +22 carry weight and with strong back that can make a total of 80 (134 without small frame) carry weight.
If your outdoorsman is high enough, you will hardly be in an encounter and therefore won't need the action boy perks.
You could exchange them for pathfinder if you like.

Play around with the character planner.
Keep in mind you should take survivalist perks as late as possible as skill points at low level get you a higher skill than points used at a later level.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:47:20 pm by HertogJan »
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 07:02:21 pm »

Move 1 point from IN to AG.
Forget about doc and FA, skill points saved from not increasing FA and doc are more than enough to compensate for the loss of 1 IN.
You still might want at least 40 FA for an easier start as you can make weak healing powder that way.
The extra freed points can be put in outdoorsman.
Survivalist increases outdoorsman, pathfinder only changes travel speed.
So pathfinder isn't necessary for safe travel, it's just convenient.
Trade lifegiver for packrat for another +22 carry weight and with strong back that can make a total of 80 (134 without small frame) carry weight.
If your outdoorsman is high enough, you will hardly be in an encounter and therefore won't need the action boy perks.
You could exchange them for pathfinder if you like.

Play around with the character planner.
Keep in mind you should take survivalist perks as late as possible as skill points at low level get you a higher skill than points used at a later level.

I've put 7 in ST so i can exp with Rats/Scorpions/Mutated Molerat. But i think that i don't need 124 Carry Weight, i think tath 100 wil be fine. So i can remove one Pack Rat/Strong Back to take Pathfinder early. With 4 Ch + Mentats, i can bring 120 5mm to BoS. what do you think? And waht can i take instead of one Pack Rat/Strong Back?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:26:25 pm by Dante Revill »
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 07:42:09 pm »

Uneven AG is a waste of 1 point.
Better remove small frame (by doing so you can remove both strong backs) or move 1 LK to AG.
Action Boy (2 levels) is a nice perk,
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:14:40 pm »

Uneven AG is a waste of 1 point.
Better remove small frame (by doing so you can remove both strong backs) or move 1 LK to AG.
Action Boy (2 levels) is a nice perk,

I need AG 7 for lv3 profession BG
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:38:07 pm »

I need AG 7 for lv3 profession BG

I know.
But that's 1 expensive point if you only use it for that.
Put an extra point in AG to get it to 8 so you have an extra action point (useful to get out of encounters).
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 11:18:18 am »

I know.
But that's 1 expensive point if you only use it for that.
Put an extra point in AG to get it to 8 so you have an extra action point (useful to get out of encounters).

You are right, but i can't take this point from LK... with 2 Luck, I think that I will drop my ammo and weapon a lot o time. But i can try. So i will take Kamikaze and ???, so i can remove Pack rat or Strong Back for other.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 12:45:02 pm »

You could trade it in for bonus ranged damage or something like that.
Even if you're not a fighter, it will be useful for leveling and the occasional encounter with another player.
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 12:53:14 pm »

before the wipe i noticed that the less luck stat you had the less chances to meet other players..... therefore in my opionion its best to have 1 luck

(though i might be wrong, but its how i experienced it)

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 01:51:37 pm »

the only real problem with one luck is that you suck pretty hard in combat, one of my 1 luck characters kept knocking himself out when trying to hit a rat, the rat ended up having him for dinner (a normal 3d rat... not mutated... embarrassment award 101)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.