"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 04:21:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More love for medics?  (Read 1300 times)

More love for medics?
« on: August 31, 2010, 05:06:41 am »

I was thinking - perhaps going above 200 doc and fa should drasticly decrease skill cooldown? what do you think?

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
Re: More love for medics?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:33:04 am »

already does :P  All Timeouts are Reduced by the skill Fool
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:47:46 am »

already does :P  All Timeouts are Reduced by the skill Fool

Read before you post. Fool.

And to the suggestion I think something like this could help medics to play their role ingame, but no simple solution like this will do the job. We need more complex changes.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 09:54:26 am »

There always needs to be some kind of cooldown.
Not sure, but I thought it was around 60-75 seconds for FA when above 200 pre-wipe.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:38 am »

I know increasing skill reduces the cooldown. But i think at some point, when the character is clearly a medic one (above 200 of skill or 210) cooldowns should be reduced more than usual. I am not thinking by going down to 1 second but for example 30-40.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 01:34:12 pm »

There are two topics about medics, and in both we can find some nice ideas. Hmm.. what about implenting obtainable profession-perk system, that will be like creating classes in other MMO's, but still not determining 'the-one-only-good-way'.
Gunner: +20% to weapon skills,
Medic +30 HP healed per FA use (and maybe with slight nerf FA for pure combat characters to make combat medics needed?)

some other classes like crafters, etcetera.

Still, if somebody want to make a hybrid character, i.e. bigguner with high doc/fa, he can, but having a medic in a team should be still more efficent. Maybe let medics have random % chance for reanimation (consuming super-stims and medkits) for killed characters not ripped/melted into parts/puddle?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 01:40:27 pm by Szef »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 03:34:58 pm »

Medics are medic and their high intelligence solves the problem of skill used in FA and doctor :p No Rambo doctors please
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 03:38:32 pm »

if you haven't noticed, we have Rambo doctors already. Nobody gonna play pure medic with current system, because pure medic on the field is currently pretty useless. Also, pure intelligence won't make a medic. He need to know the anatomy also, PE and AG should be important.. :P
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.