"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 09:50:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Pariah Dog  (Read 12863 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
The Pariah Dog
« on: August 31, 2010, 12:29:15 pm »

When you first encountered the dog, you wondered who could have made it. The Master? The Enclave? Maybe Vault-Tec? Who had enough knowledge to do it? Not that it matters much, now. It had begun a few days ago, when you were observing this pack of centaurs wandering around in the desert, at the north of this weird abandoned military base. While you were trying to get closer to the flock, this big dog came out of nowhere. You hadn't seen it. You hadn't heard it. Ten seconds later, the centaurs were all dead. The dog was standing in the middle of their corpses, all covered in blood and bones part. Eating. Your body shaking, you slowly crawled back, ran into your old buggy and drove to your base, warning your buddies with your radio. On your way, you crossed a patrol of the New California Republic going in this direction, ten guys with brand new, green combat armors and shiny powerful gatlings. You warned them about the dog, but they carried on their way, mocking you. Two days later, hunting in this area, you spotted a huge heap of bones and smelly flesh lying on the desert's floor. Among the corpses, you discovered several pieces of green armors.

Wastelanders these days only talk about one thing. The bars are full of terrible rumors about it. Over here at the Congress Hall, President Tandi has set up a reunion about it. In their underground shelter, the Brotherhood's knights are checking their security system. In Navarro, the patrols are not going as far from the outpost as they used to. Klamath's trappers only hunt in large groups now. The gunrunners have put more guards along the river of goo that flows near their fortress. In Vault City, turrets' range has been increased to the max. Everyone is only talking about one thing: the Pariah dog. They called it a pariah, because it never gets close to the houses. They call it a disease, because this dog is extremely dangerous. It attacks humans,and is quite a common thing now, to hear that caravans didn't make it to their destination town, that patrols are missing, or to cross heaps of dead bodies in the wasteland.

Many things are being said about this dog, but only some of them are certain. For example, the fact that it only wanders in the wasteland, and around the towns - far from the streets. Many scouts reported that the dog isn't super aggressive, but that he attacks hostile persons or those that get too close to him. It has also been stated that the dog takes the gear of those that he kills. Why? How? Nobody knows. But you can be sure that if you kill the Pariah Dog, you will never need to buy anything more from traders, for many have lost their battle against the dog, and its dead corpse will be full of useful items.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere, deep in an underground shelter...

Diary of Dr. T. S. Auden
  Head of project FENRIR.

Entry n°5
I finally began to work on project FENRIR. I have to say that making an entire robotic dog from scratch, and turning it into a war machine strong enough to defeat entire human squads is not an easy task. But I shall succeed. They gave me the best technicians to ensure the project wouldn't fail. And it won't fail. It can't fail.

Entry n°13
We selected today the war hound we'll take the brain from. It's a massive Bull Terrier, a natural born killer. We'll only use parts of his brain, though, and will replace others with mechanical parts, the best of our technology.

Entry n°17
After the last reunion, we finally agreed on the special characteristics Fenrir should have. Our technicians chose the special metal alloy that would be used to create his teeth. I personnaly chosen the metal that would be used to create his body structure - his bones. They will be made of the space age metal, a strong, lustrous, corrosion-resistant and lightweight alloy - I mean, of course, titanium.

Entry n°20
Dog's construction has begun. It'll be my masterpiece. Titanium skeleton, some tissues in kevlar, stainless steel teeth, cameras instead of its eyes. The pistons used instead of its arms and legs will allow it to jump most of the fences easily - it also allows it to bite a man in the neck, and I'd rather tell you - with a single bite, this puppy can eat a whole head. It'll be programmed to sneak, to detect enemies, to analyse situations, to kill (of course), to avoid large human presence like in houses and villages. Its analysis skills will turn it into a warmaster, able to decide if it can win a fight, when to attack the enemy, where to do it, what's the best strategy to use and so on. His cameras will allow him to recognize enemies' weapons and, thanks to our tacticians' knowledge that has been put in his metal brain, to decide which enemy is the most dangerous. He is programmed to take the gear from his dead opponents, and we made him able to carry more things than he'll ever have to.

Entry n°24
Construction's completed. We called the dog Fenrir. He's a beautiful dog, our scientists worked hard to give him the appearance of a real dog. For infiltration missions, he'll need to sneak deep in the enemy lines, and it will be a lot easier for him with a real dog skin. That's also why we wanted a real dog brain for him. With his mere organic brain parts, Fenrir can move like a dog would move, breath like a dog would breath - though he has no lungs, which is not a problem. A simple microfusion cell pack in his ass, and he's ready to run entire centuries.

Entry n°28
After the basic training, we started to let him live with the other dogs. Not having stomach doesn't prevent him from eating as four dogs would. We knew it, because of his organic brain parts. Luckily, we though about some kind of microfusion-powered chainsaw in his abdomen, that destroys all he eats before it's dropped out through a little gate facing the floor.

Entry n°31 (Last entry in the diary)
There are some strange things happening with Fenrir. Everything was working fine with the other dogs, but I think we made him a bit too much agressive. He attacked some of our war hounds, and finally they all went on him and tried to kill him. Impossible, of course, but our technicians hadn't activated the combat circuits of his AI. With fighting skills close to 0, Fenrir had to be save by the guards of the dog pen. I noticed he was bit behind the head, and I think it may cause problems we can't fix now. Well, that's not a so big issue, but still, I hope he won't behave in a strange way now. I'll ask our techniciants to activate his fighting skills tomorrow. I hope he'll be as good as I was hoping. He has everything to be a killer, and he will be able to do everything - only if his brain was not damaged by this small incident with the other dogs.

PARIAH DOG
CHARACTERISTICS
BODY
Furr
Robot camouflage + + +
Stealth +

Kevlar tissues
Damage resistance + +

Titanium skeleton
Carry weight + + +
Damage resistance + + +
Agility - - -
Endurance + +
Explosion resistance + +

LIMBS
Pistons
Speed + +
Strength + + +
Stamina + +
Jump height + +
Terrain-based performance - -

Claws
Range - - -
HtH efficiency + + +
Performance against robots - -
Performance against opponents groups - - -

HEAD
Electronic brain
Choices insight + + +
Choices speed + + +
Electricity resistance -
Fire resistance - -
EMP resistance - - -
Anatomy knowledge (Critical hits) + +

Organic brain parts
Choices insight - -
Performance -
Stealth + +
Instinct + + +

EYES
Motion sensor
Perception + + +
Awareness + + +

Infrared light source
Night vision + + +
Stealth -

X-ray vision
Vision through walls +

Cameras
Memory + + +
Weapons recognition device +
Zoom in/out + +

My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

KraftikBG

• New generation of bombs...
Re: The Pariah Dog
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:54:27 pm »

So , we must find that dog in wasteland ? :D
Events ,fun,criticals,GvG,PvP,PvE,crafting,trading,(banning),looting  ,talking , lame admins,  ragequits.That all is in this game = FOnline 2238 , now it´s fu**ed GAME !
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 01:14:25 pm »

It just ran past me.  But this was before the event was posted.

And it had 2700/3333 life.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 01:17:00 pm by Dylan Fraser »
You see Sha Enin, the traveling folk singer.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:16:36 pm »

start doing something usefull, this is all i can say ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 01:22:21 pm »

Killing armored dog with 3000 HP? LoL :D and how people gonna loot all this stuff from one dog? There's carry weight :P And as I see some GM is that dog.
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 01:26:43 pm »

well, thats how it is, at least some gm will have some fun killing noobs, tere is so much wasted work here blocks of text pasted images, but try requesthelp u will see no gms online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 01:27:40 pm »

Killing armored dog with 3000 HP? LoL :D and how people gonna loot all this stuff from one dog? There's carry weight :P And as I see some GM is that dog.
Superb nice insta crit helps :D

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 01:34:33 pm »

start doing something usefull, this is all i can say ...

Some ****heads will always be unhappy, no matter how much you do. If you don't like it, don't participate. I think you have a lot of resources to farm.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 01:36:59 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 01:36:37 pm »

5k Caps to the person that pm's me with its location and if i kill it.
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 02:10:28 pm »

I like this :D Finally something else than just FFAs.
Good thing is, that if people don't want to die by Pariah Dog, they just won't get close to it = as it was said, it only attacks people who are hostile, or these who get too close. So it's kind of optional event.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 02:11:58 pm »

Well i wont particpate in this event, but i can't understand why someone is complaining about it. He putted some work in this you know?
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 03:19:36 pm »

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5152/pariahdog.png

;D That dog is plain Awesome. with a capital A.

too bad we were all carrying stuff.

Cha

• Lawyer for Great Justice.
    • TTTLA FORUM
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 03:21:28 pm »

i can't understand why someone is complaining about it

You know, its always the same complaigning players/faction

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 01:09:19 pm »

//Unlocked//

With my return, this event is rolling again! :D
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 02:44:37 pm »

//Unlocked//

With my return, this event is rolling again! :D
is still on?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:46:58 pm by LagMaster »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.