Author Topic: Game Server  (Read 12380 times)

Game Server
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:43:21 pm »
Hi guys

I wanted to know what will bo of the game server? I mean, they said on the main Fonline homepage that once all is finished that they would release client-server package so that everyone could make their own servers. Since I don't speak Russian, I'm askin this here.

I'm not asking when will it reach final, just are they going to release the SDK or not.

Thanks

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Game Server
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 01:53:41 pm »
The client and server files, aswell as all maps and scripts from TLA, will be released most probably this year. If I remember correct, it was first planned for april, but due to last additions of the engine and some other stuff, it will delay. A date for the release is not known yet.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:07:14 pm »
Thanks

Client is basically the same for 2238 and TLA, right?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:11:55 pm »
Yes, client is the same for both. Everything else is on the game server (except new graphics, etc. of course).

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 02:27:51 pm »
i do not understand lexx why are u guys selling the engine or  letting people make other servers ? will they be public servers or private ones????

why would u want the community to fall apart?   I am confused
U were born to live.......But u die to come to me....

czzzzz.....up

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 05:05:09 pm »
Well, it's Cvet's decision to release it to the public, nobody else's. I think a lot of good things could come out of it. Like, I don't know, a Fallout 1/2 coop mod.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 05:08:28 pm »
If u guys are doing it for money sakes i think the donations should be enough......When the game is out of beta stage... and if there is going to be more servers to play on i dont think it will be good at all... it will be more worlds of the same kind , not realistic and too much as other mmorpgs..... which is   shi**
U were born to live.......But u die to come to me....

czzzzz.....up

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 10:52:34 am »
I just registered to ask the developers about this, I haven't got a reply yet, but now I see why.

It would be good to release it to the community, as they could translate it, and maybe make a server for their country, and if someone comes up with a new idea and can code it into the game, then all the servers could share the same features.

BTW I would personally make a farming addition, so you can grow crops and all, AND make a superb banning script: If you kill someone in a protected town you'll get banned for 1 week, and if you kill a guard you'll get banned for 1 hour. Maybe delete one of your random items on your character...etc ;)

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 11:09:26 am »
If you kill someone in a protected town you'll get banned for 1 week, and if you kill a guard you'll get banned for 1 hour. Maybe delete one of your random items on your character...etc ;)

Somehow I doubt you'll get more than a hand full players on your server

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 12:04:32 pm »
Instead of this complex banning script, it would be easier to just deactivate PvP in the towns then.

I guarantee that as soon as the server files are out and new servers are spreading, the few playing users will spread as well and every server will end up with less players.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 12:18:47 pm »
Which can be a good point. Those who need to exploit 2238 to enjoy the game will go in some easy server. Those who only want to kill other players mindlessly will go in an OBT2-like server, and so on.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 03:14:52 pm »
Well... yeah!

We could make PVP Zones, where you can kill players IF they activate PVP. So if someone is a peaceful player, then he/she could play peacefully. If someone wants to shoot another player, then he/she should look for another one that wants to PVP.

Nevermind, I'm waiting for the Server Files and such :)

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 12:37:00 pm »
We could make PVP Zones, where you can kill players IF they activate PVP. So if someone is a peaceful player, then he/she could play peacefully. If someone wants to shoot another player, then he/she should look for another one that wants to PVP.

I don't call it Fallout, but WoW
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 05:37:44 pm »
In WoW pretty much all areas are PvP flagged except the noob areas

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 10:31:29 pm »
I don't play WoW, because it sucks :)

But if we make all the zones available for PVP, then there would be only chaos...