"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:14:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Death... and consequences of it.  (Read 4832 times)

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Death... and consequences of it.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 08:08:41 am »

why not a tier 0 gun and 2 mags worth of ammo?

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 08:52:38 am »

well, I dont think, that if this idea will be implemented, that there will be more new players... it will make dying even more harsh for newbies, than it is now...
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 10:52:32 am »

Well, I Want to respawn to closest city. So ~support
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 11:13:02 am »

I would rather like to see something implemented to prevent people from randomly killing other players in guarded cities. This is completely stupid and nobody would do it in wasteland except maybe some mentally retarded idiots. Right now you go to the hub and a bluesuit with a 10mm smg bursts you and his friends take your stuff. Thats ok in an encounter or unguarded cities but actually those who run the guarded cities should care for their reputation.

If you try to loot in encounters where a patrol just shot down some raiders the patrol gets mad on you and kills you. This should also apply to guarded cities. If you get killed the guards will loot you and if someone else tries it he will get shot. The stuff the guards loot could go into the inventory of the traders so there is no benefit anymore for random killing in guarded cities.

Also the player who killed someone should get jailed with that character for some real life hours and perform some boring tasks and maybe pay a fee before being released back into freedom.

Dont get me wrong, pvp is totally okay but this is just stupid and annoying as nobody would act like that in reality.

Chiko

avv

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 11:24:12 am »

Skejwen as much as I'd love this, there are some problems.

When it comes to discussing this we can't think of how to implement this suggestion to the current world because it's ravaged by various problems.
Instead we first need to know what the game is going to be like and how dying and staying alive would fit into that game world.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 01:22:51 pm »

This thread is only to remind that current situation is long way from being perfect...

My idea about quests is just based on cvets work (chopping tress for hubologists on tla server). Though currently I dont have any ideas how such quest or tasts should look like, its very hard to make such thing balanced. If someone have any ideas how to deal with it in my way, or with complete other approach - write it down here freely.

avv come with idea that staying alive for long time should have benefits too, so it would prevent players from suicide to "solve" things...
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

avv

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 02:31:32 pm »

avv come with idea that staying alive for long time should have benefits too, so it would prevent players from suicide to "solve" things...

Problem with this is that we can die very easily and sometimes randomly. This is caused by huge damages from guns and random deadly encounters.

This means that the means of killing must be discussed before discussing the consequences of living and dying. Just think about it: why should there be severe consequences from dying or major bonuses from living if dying is so easy or sometimes even random.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 02:39:41 pm »

Well, I Want to respawn to closest city. So ~support

Little modification: If you have good reputation in that city. I.e.: suicide bomber, thief in NCR will spawn somewhere else than in NCR spawn.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 02:42:45 pm »

Maybe there should be a small easy quest, like, make me 5 rotgut, and on finishing it if you are lower than lvl 10 you could get a 80% deteriorated mauser/flamer/laser pistol... with the deterioration and no ammo so it isn't farmable... maybe you should have option to make 10 more rotgut for some ammo...
Only on completing this you could leave.

No random respawn would be nice... we need more hotel rooms... maybe infinite hotel sizes.
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 02:49:23 pm »

sims, sims never change
and im not trolling, what the hell are u talking about u want all people stop playing this game?
then the most imporant hex in the game next to the barrel in ncr will be all urs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 02:58:18 pm »

1) There should be some minor XP reward for doing so.  The ones who won't care for the minor reward will be maxed out lvl and have the least chance of dying (unless of course you like throwing yourself on the front lines of PvP) but then the reward is not why that one is there.
2) Death IS supposed to have some drawback.  Going to the Nearest Respawn is good to me, any randomization/choices only lets people die simply to travel.  Remove that, and its another reason to stay alive.
3) Newbs die often, yes.  That is reason for having the minor XP there.  They will be garnering some XP to make up for the lost time crafting/punching scorpions, and thus not be a complete waste of time for Them.
4)'Cutting Trees' was an example.  What would be done at each location might be fairly formulaic, but half the reason of dying is the DISCOMFORT of having to deal with the consequence.  If you really want to, you Can use all your alts.  You'll still eventually have to dig them all out of their grave, so to speak, so this does not really matter. 

-People will alt anyway.  This little mechanic on Respawn however will be a little something extra to make you not want to just kill yourself for the luls, exploit random respawn, or to drop kick your Rads to the curb instead of actually dealing with the effects of the radiation.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 03:03:03 pm »

Unfortunately I don't have anything else to say that I really like this idea.
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 03:07:38 pm »

You have to remember how easy is to die in wasteland. One unlucky shot by raider and you re lying on ground unconscious and waiting for respawn. Cutting trees(or other simple quest) would be boring as hell. Imagine you died 1000th time and you have to do do that quest again. Pretty frustraiting.

I agree with Gatling about making respawn in nearest city, so suicide wont be the fastest way to travel.

Maybe we should go back to time when 'radiated' and 'crippled' were not removed after death.
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 03:07:58 pm »

2) Death IS supposed to have some drawback. 

and it does, full loot does it tell u something ,weakness, spawn somewhere else with 5 hp.
dont u all think its enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 03:18:44 pm »

No, it is not enough in its present state.

And I have already commented on the fact nubs die often.  They in general won't be making great strides in XP-gains that a high level would be Anyway, so their time out of the picture will not be so drastically effected because they will be able to grind out some XP while earning their release. 

-Admit it: Many are disliking this because it will require them not to die so much in PvP, requiring a little more caution instead of the mass-swarming with numbers.

Death is inevitable in the game, but some act like it has no meaning. I hope to change this.
Also note: CUTTING TREES was Example, oi, quit acting like that is what will happen.  I hope it won't be so boring, though considering the number of respawns, some probably are going to be more tedious than others.
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.