"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:33:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Better Crafting  (Read 3140 times)

sander

• I can see ya reading my posts.
Re: Better Crafting
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 08:29:13 am »

That's interesting idea. I think it would be awesome to have e.g. Cow King's Leather Armor(+5 dmg., +1 strength, +100% exp for shitshoveling )  :).

As far as i know, Fallout engine uses non-flexible item system, making it a hard task to implement your idea with bonus attributes dependant on skills (Item's characteristics are unchangable, so they'll need to put in database all new ('perfect', 'poorly-crafted', and so on) armors manually ).
My English sux. I bet your Russian sux better.©

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 08:40:25 am »

That's interesting idea. I think it would be awesome to have e.g. Cow King's Leather Armor(+5 dmg., +1 strength, +100% exp for shitshoveling )  :)
It's called "Bovine Plate".

Oh wait, it was in Diablo, not Fallout. Silly me.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 08:56:51 am »

That's interesting idea. I think it would be awesome to have e.g. Cow King's Leather Armor(+5 dmg., +1 strength, +100% exp for shitshoveling )  :).

As far as i know, Fallout engine uses non-flexible item system, making it a hard task to implement your idea with bonus attributes dependant on skills (Item's characteristics are unchangable, so they'll need to put in database all new ('perfect', 'poorly-crafted', and so on) armors manually ).

no... no Diablo-like crap... why would you get more exps for something, just because you wear some shitty armor? non-sense...
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

sander

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 09:12:03 am »

To Enzo: That was just a joke to show difference between diablo's suffixes-preffixes flexible item system and fallout's non-flexible one.
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 10:26:32 am »

;) I am not for cloning the system, I'm talking about the idea of making seperate mechanics within this game and it's rules.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 12:30:44 pm »

Well, I'm not really for the item system in general, but putting things like poorly crafted will just be screwed up, maybe instead add random bonuses to armour depending on what style of build crafted them in the first place, I hardly think that randomised items are an issue here, all you need is a bit of motivation, or an auto-scripting program.

Or we could think up "dynamic" items and have upgrades which would be removable. As one of the GMs/Devs said (not sure which), the 3rd tier gear will go about blueprints, maybe also be able to find blueprints for special armour and weapon upgrades? It would take some time to make the items, but would add so much more individualism. Also, maybe 2 Upgrades per armour, or one if it will clutter up the fixboy too much...

For example (Note: this is based around the combat armour):
Lightened: -5%DR, -25% Mass, (+5% Movement Speed)
Integrated Small Arms Targeting System (Or something shorter, haha, ISATS, cool shortening...): +10% SG, +10 One Handed Weapon Aim Bonus
Cybernetic Visor: +20% Two Handed Weapons, +5% EW
Thickened: +7%DR, +50% Mass (-20% Movement Speed)
Integrated Exoskeleton: +2 Strength, +5% DR (+10% if Move Speed is Reduced), +1 DT (+2 if Movement Speed Is reduced), +10 BG, +10% Two Handed Guns Aim Bonus, -1 Agi, +200% Mass, -10% In all skills (-55% Movement Speed)

I have many more thoughts like this...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:34:42 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 05:48:52 pm »

Crafting must be easy and fast!!!! Then players can spend more time for pvp!
I havent much time for Nerd-crafting... and i am sure many people too!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 06:05:32 pm »

I am speechless.  ::)
It would be good if you wouldn't speak for the "whole playerbase".

sander

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 07:25:38 pm »

I'll say it again, probably more clearly.

To implement some items with varying stats to fonline devs must:

-Either make own entry for each new item (armor with 'lightweight', armor with 'lightweight' and 'toughened', armor with 'toughened' and 'leightweight' perks and so on).......  -------- very... very hard task...
-Or completely rework engine to allow 'dynamic' items... -------- maybe three-four months of intense work...

So... It's not impossible, but... I dont'think dev's will be interested in doing it.

P.S.: I'm a bit drunk so don't judge me for lack of punctuation or smth... I just tried to deliver an idea
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:36:32 pm by sander »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.