"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 09:18:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Concerning the recent bans  (Read 17624 times)

Re: Concerning the recent bans
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 10:05:10 am »

Hi!

Just want to mention that some Linux-users for banned. Mb because of WINE or smthng.

TLA is shaking!    Yeah damm
life goes on...
JayDoom

RestarT

• MC Vagina is back!
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 01:25:18 pm »

It's funny like everyone says:cheaters destroyed our gameplay but when did you noticed they were ''cheating''? When they got banned. Before baning you didn't know that there are some ''cheaters'' in game but now you are all yeling like little kids that these as*holes were ruining your game. Yes for noobs is game better because most of '' cheaters'' were PKs. So yes game is better for now but now because cheaters was banned but because PKs was banned...

Everyone who had something to do with TC knew they were things like auto aim but we weren't crying on forum like: This guy has auto aim BAN him! Because if everyone with cheat get banned, there are any people to TC fights...

And no I'm not cheater, I haven't got banned any of my chars so I'm some kind of neutral person here...

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 01:36:27 pm »

Everyone who had something to do with TC knew they were things like auto aim but we weren't crying on forum like: This guy has auto aim BAN him! Because if everyone with cheat get banned, there are any people to TC fights...

No, they were doing it on IRC in PMs :P
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 01:41:24 pm »

I am going to do some science here, stand back.

If you've been banned on one character, it's reasonable to assume they just looked up your IP and banned all characters on that same IP.
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 01:44:11 pm »

I think baning have happend mostly to fast-reloggers. On my opinion the anti-anti-alt feature is the only concern here and that feature should be definitely serverside. I doubt that it is possible to detect someone using aimbot or quckslots. As I have stated in my later suggestion aimbot is not cheat but missing feature. Devs would save hell of a time by just including that "cheating" third party tools in distribution especially when they are planning to develop them anyway. I also commit heresy by saying that key bindable quickslots are included in every MMO as basic feature.

That extremely evil cheating tools (always run for example) also just makes game more comfortable to play. They dont change stats of your character, they dont chage stats of anything important ingame. They just eliminates some useless bothering clicking ordeals to get stimpack or to make quick aimed shot. I would be glad if someone would explain me how those tools ruin game.

Yes I used those "cheats" in PvP TC and PvE and I never fast relogged.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 01:48:46 pm »

I would be glad if someone would explain me how those tools ruin game.

They give you an advantage over people that don't have them.

I agree that these most of these features should be introduced. But that doesn't mean using a third party tool to get the same effect is fine - you're breaking the rules and shafting people who don't have them. Pretty much all there is to it.
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 02:02:19 pm »

They give you an advantage over people that don't have them.

That "advantage" thing is highly overrated it wont make your char bulletproof neither William Tell neither better player. It primary makes the gametime more efective by eliminating some boring uncreative actions. (holding shift everytime, looking for stim in inv) Anybody can have it and as u have seen from ban count, everybody had it. Even better combat interface gives u advantage over someone who is so lazy not to get one. And (heresy warning) other MMOs got a lot of third party stuff allowed and widely used.

You're breaking the rules and shafting people who don't have them

Yes I agree that it is a rule violation. But in that scale, doesn't it says something about this rule? And I strongly disagree by shafting people. Unchecked PKs shafts people either cheating or not. I played in Anti PK gang and we vere mostly fighting those shafters.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 02:13:08 pm »

We had this discussion already several times.
Just face the fact that it's not allowed to use it. By using the game you attach yourself to some rules.
People who've broken the rules got some punishment. It's not that hard to understand actually and yet people still try to discuss it everywhere.  ::)
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 02:19:57 pm »

We had this discussion already several times.
Just face the fact that it's not allowed to use it. By using the game you attach yourself to some rules.
People who've broken the rules got some punishment. It's not that hard to understand actually and yet people still try to discuss it everywhere.  ::)

I dont know why YOU always repeating that its was against rules and blahblah. Everyone know it ... OskaRus know it too dear Surf.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 02:22:13 pm »

Because rules aren't meant to be discussed? And because so many "discussions" came up lately?
That's why I said we don't need more people complaining "Well, ACTUALLY it's not really a cheat!!11" etc.
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 02:32:56 pm »

Rules can be discussed. We cant only broke them.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 02:52:15 pm »

Because rules aren't meant to be discussed?

Evidently there must be something wrong. With the rules or their application, which "made" (I actually started using those cheats after realizing that everybody uses them) so many people to break those rules. It might be some missing features of interface. :-) But it is just opinion of medicore player.

This discussion may be dealth with in the suggestions section. http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=8342.0

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 02:59:26 pm »

I have to say, I've never really had any want to use those programs, I don't really see a point in using them, and yes, as surf solar pointed out, you commit yourself to rules when you start playing the game, breaching them is like breaching a pissed off bear, if you never know who might get his ass mauled(banned) for breaching the bear (rules)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 03:16:09 pm »

Ok, now I remembered how one of mmo ended. Some people where using as you are saying "shortcuts" it was banned, but after some time they implemented it in original client. PvP fights where only based on how much have you healing stuff and how fast you can click hotkey. This thing didn't reduced cheaters number- normal players left game, because of changes and attitude. At the end game was filled with bots and cheaters.

What I want to say is that, shortcuts eliminates competition and won't reduce cheats, because if devs allowed to use one thing they expect they will allow rest or not punish for it
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

DonGizmo

• This is the end...
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 03:42:03 pm »

What I want to say is that, shortcuts eliminates competition and won't reduce cheats, because if devs allowed to use one thing they expect they will allow rest or not punish for it

Nonsense, BG have big advantage because they dont need to aim, just one click to burst.. Fallout was created as a Turn Based one. I think that you should be able to use your player skill/ character advantages/ gun advantages instead of fast clicking..

Another reason why integrate aiming system: if you want variety in PvP (builds), you need to integreta fast swich between single shot and burst, because only in that way, players who use gun in 2 of its modes can kill enemy with better gun.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:46:36 pm by DonGizmo »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 18 queries.