"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:26:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Little suggestion for character registering  (Read 3195 times)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: Little suggestion for character registering
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 01:18:48 pm »

Wichura & Alvarez: Have you read my post? I really doubt it. If you would have looked at the calculations you would notice, that very few people would get over lvl 24, because the exp needed increses so fast over lvl 21.
Whoa, I could be on 36th level now, with 12 perks. Getting beyond 50 could not be so easy, it's twice as many XP as I have now.

And about grind - FO is my first MMO, but from what I've heard, every MMO game contains more or less grinding. You don't have real life, all you have is a cow filled with stuff, whatever other reason makes you sitting all day and killing pixels - go ahead. Only problem I see here is how don't let to make too wide gap between casuals and no-lifers, and that's why HP's raising (rising?) stopped after 21th level seems a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:25:42 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 01:27:19 pm »

Whoa, I could be on 36th level now, with 12 perks. Getting beyond 50 could not be so easy, it's twice as many XP as I have now.

And about grind - FO is my first MMO, but from what I've heard, every MMO game contains more or less grinding. You don't have real life, all you have is a cow filled with stuff, whatever only reason makes you sitting all day and killing pixels - go ahead. Only problem I see here is how don't let to make too wide gap between casuals and no-lifers, and that's why HP's raising (rising?) stopped after 21th level seems a good idea.
You really would be lvl 36 in my system? You have more than 5160960000 exp?
I think you didn't read it at all again.

But maybe you are right, even with my system the added HP are quite big advantage, especially with 2x lifegiver, so I would't be against this be disabled on reaching lvl 21.
I agree completely with the argument about the no-lifer and casuals gap.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 01:34:22 pm »

You really would be lvl 36 in my system? You have more than 5160960000 exp?
I think you didn't read it at all again.
Damn, sorry, my bad. I didn't read it carefully - it will be 26th level in your system, I have 640k+ XP AFAIR.
Additional ~100 skillpoints for what I have now, cool.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 01:48:53 pm »

Damn, sorry, my bad. I didn't read it carefully - it will be 26th level in your system, I have 640k+ XP AFAIR.
Additional ~100 skillpoints for what I have now, cool.
Still you read it a bit wrong - 640k+ XP you say? that would be lvl 23. lvl 26 would be bit over 5 million XP.

It would be a good system I think. Encouraging to play your main char...

EDIT: Now I noticed I had the formula previousLVLExp*1.5 only in one field, rest previousLVLExp*2 as I originally though, so now I made everything previousLVLExp*2. Calculations.
With this I doubt even the biggest no-lifer would get above lvl 27, that is having almost 9x as much exp as TheBob has now...
That would make you, WIchura, just lvl 22, 200k exp from for lvl 23.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:02:51 pm by Ned Logan »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 02:10:08 pm »

My comment wasn't about mathematical aspect of being beyong the levelcap.

I said, if a TC clan notices someone with >275 HP, the it's automatically a really attractive target, considering that the char has limited respawns: and losing a grind work of two days would be a ultimative damage done.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 02:10:29 pm »

I don't feel encouraged now as it was before (:>), but it's still a goal, that many miss here.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 02:16:21 pm »

Alvarez: This still holds:
Even if these cries are usually reserved for avv, this shit is the so unwastelandish and unrealistic. This should not be a superman game.
If there is any upside for us, who don't like permadeath, and like balanced gameplay, tell me, you didn't manage to convince me so far.

I don't find anything good about such duality, always leaving you thinking if enemy is some "iron man" or not. I don't use awareness.

Wichura: Yeah, maybe 2x is too harsh and 1.5x would be better, but dunno, it makes the gap grow...

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 02:33:14 pm »

Alvarez: This still holds:
Even if these cries are usually reserved for avv, this shit is the so unwastelandish and unrealistic. This should not be a superman game.
If there is any upside for us, who don't like permadeath, and like balanced gameplay, tell me, you didn't manage to convince me so far.

Very well.

Let's see first what devs think of respawn. You get unconscious and are found by some other friendly NPC guys and brought into a hospital then.
If you're a outstanding personality (IronMan, itc.), you will be a big troublemaker for bad guys and then you'll be killed one time for sure.
That should cover the wastelandishness and realism.

So, you'll also have a choice left: either you invest in HP or in skill points, but not every aspect. Let's make it a perk. You tag a skill you want to perfect or get a maximal amount of HP.
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 07:27:04 pm »

I'd say that if you pick "Iron man" You should be able to reach level 40, but you have to take a custom perk, or a retooled standard one, that gives few other boosts, but gives you 1 extra life.

This way its still a risk, and you have to spend some of those perks early on to get extra lives to stay safe, but other wise i'd say that the starting boost should be that you cant perma die untill you get to level 5, not a magic HP boost. maybe one extra point of END, but thats it as far as i'd sugggest.

cheers folks.

-Ulrek-
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 1.607 seconds with 28 queries.