"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 06:00:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Big Guns nearfing (again ? yeah again)  (Read 16321 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Big Guns nearfing (again ? yeah again)
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2010, 08:58:45 pm »

Luck already affects armour by-passes. En will continue to affect knockdowns.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2010, 01:19:41 am »

A head shot, with 3*more criticals, finesse, 10 Luck, better criticals ...

Shooting at an Endurance 1 target should have a knockout chance of ~39.27% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~47.2%
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~35.5% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~28.32%

But then again, on a more general char

A head shot with just Luck 6, with better crits ...

Shooting at an Endurance 1 target should have a knockout chance of ~26.29% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~32.36%
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~24.33% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~19.42%

Not too far wrong, or at least not an autolose to fight against
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2010, 03:00:58 am »

What about damage multipliers? Do stats have any bearing on them?
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2010, 06:41:09 am »

A head shot, with 3*more criticals, finesse, 10 Luck, better criticals ...

Shooting at an Endurance 1 target should have a knockout chance of ~39.27% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~47.2%
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~35.5% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~28.32%

But then again, on a more general char

A head shot with just Luck 6, with better crits ...

Shooting at an Endurance 1 target should have a knockout chance of ~26.29% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~32.36%
Shooting at an Endurance 6 target should have a knockout chance of ~24.33% per shot, knockdown is additional chance of ~19.42%

Not too far wrong, or at least not an autolose to fight against

Hey solar, didn't mean to sound like a prick was just a little suprised when i logged in after a break lol. Aryan is 10 end, toughness & lifegiver build with 6 luck.

25% +/- sounds about right but the issue lies in the fact that knockdowns are or at least appear to be cumulitave, and its this nature that does make it an auto lose feature essentially. I may be knocked down for a few seconds during pvp which is great, it's a feature of small guns and one of the benifits of their use but what is happening is once knocked down for any period of time, ever subsequent knockdown (1/4) is reseting the knockdown timer and has the effect of pinning the opponent to the ground.

Edit: This reminds me of pre wipe where unless i ambushed the targets and was full of enough jet with yumbula that they didnt have time to react i was basically fucked. Delmore used to live in kalamath taking down high hp mini gun weilding charcters such as myself with a pipe rifle on a regualr basis lol

It's all well and good having an 8 page thread about how big guns do so much damage and need to be nerfed but whats the use in doing so much dmg when after a single shot you will never get up agian lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:54:19 am by Aryan »

avv

« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2010, 03:16:41 pm »

what is happening is once knocked down for any period of time, ever subsequent knockdown (1/4) is reseting the knockdown timer and has the effect of pinning the opponent to the ground.

That's because the enemy hits you all the time. Missing is basically non-existing in pvp. Other issue is that with current perk ammount there isn't always room for luxury perks like stonewall or quick recovery.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2010, 07:59:27 am »

i tested those two perks pre wipe and didnt see much benifit in their use, ill run a re test but i doubt anything has changed

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2010, 01:43:23 pm »

The problem comes with one person saying "Stonewall doesn't work" then another comes along and says "Yes it does!".

Unless theres some kind of information behind these, giving an idea about the process behind it, its pretty tough to know one way or the other :(
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2010, 01:48:41 pm »

The problem comes with one person saying "Stonewall doesn't work" then another comes along and says "Yes it does!".

Unless theres some kind of information behind these, giving an idea about the process behind it, its pretty tough to know one way or the other :(
maybe jsut tell us how does stonewall works ?
it makes so one must get better critical roll ? if so how much ? if normally the rol must be 60-100 then with stonewall its 65-100 ?:P
or maybe it adds bonus to the endurance check ?
or maybe its applied at the end giving a passive "20%?" chance to resist knockback once crit roll , end check were performed?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2010, 01:54:10 pm »

I always thought it was simply a 50% chance to ignore a knockdown, though I can't check that anywhere at the moment, so could very well be wrong.
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2010, 06:57:51 am »

I always thought it was simply a 50% chance to ignore a knockdown, though I can't check that anywhere at the moment, so could very well be wrong.

In tactics its 50% less likely to be knocked down, taking it again adds 25%.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.