"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 08:04:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Video recording  (Read 8404 times)

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
Re: Video recording
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 06:23:06 pm »

Hello,
 at first, i would like to thanks to player who recorded this fight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMCkrtnauKs

I like videos that Izual or another GM/player recorded. During year periods, when i dont have enough time to spend in game, i sometimes at least watch few videos, that records VSB famous losses ;) It does not records only combat, but also nicks/alts of players who were playing for many months but then they left. Generaly, i support this, but i dont have enough strong computer to do it by myself.

Current problem is, that because Ghostshack and other developers threatens with BAN, this recording activity is near extinction. And it will be sad. So if anybody has idea how to continue with this, write it.

As i know, this plugin use almost everyone, because it is not only about aim, but even about fast using stimpacks, drugs.. so "big gunners cameramans" is not solution. In addition, BG use psychos or generaly, they have lower PE than snipers, so it is essentialy to have "sniper recordman".

So what do you suggest? Some kind of hidden channel for uplading this videos or what?

it is so hard to dont use this plugins?
video what created my friend
It's not hard to dont use button stimpacks

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 09:14:55 pm »

If fights would be longer there will not exist reason why use this.

I play as a sniper.. i need to have big resolution.. but the ingame aiming system is made on 640-480 res. => icons are too small. In combat, where i can die in 3 seconds because of double jet 3x burst after one hour of waiting, i need to find enemy, click .. this takes cca 2 seconds.. at this time, if enemy is close to me i am already dead.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 10:18:12 pm »

We already had this discussion and we already heard various "excuses" to use this cheat.
Or shall I quote Ghosthack again? Izual formulated it good aswell.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 11:13:31 pm »

I bet this program allow to disable graphicals, so dot it, put a big gun on the camera and it will be fine.
Even if much people use it, we can't ask to not ban those guys just because we want record video.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 11:28:34 pm »

I don't see the problem here Lordus, Devs said they don't have time/won't look at the videos to ban people. GMs cannot ban people based off the videos, because according to the rules, it clearly states:

they won't do anything unless they witness an actual rule violation.
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 01:57:07 am »

its funny, i would like to know who said to LeMark that its allowed to use this thing ;]
which one of the gms and only that matters

now, we can only wait for cvet's pack and new pvp servers with new staff and ideas, btw well i remember that battle it was really annoying
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:01:53 am by Killy »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 02:19:50 am »

its funny, i would like to know who said to LeMark that its allowed to use this thing ;]

Uuuh, what LeMark doing with this?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 01:44:24 pm »

AAAAAAARRRRGRGGGRGRGRGHHHH!§!§!!  >:(

You did not get what Lordus meant not even a little bit. He is not trying to justify anything. "Cheaters" will "cheat" with excuses or without them. Its nothing new that these addons are used amongs PvPers in great numbers. And if you threaten them with ban for shortcuts and such, then what do you think is more likely: they will stop using addons OR they will stop recording videos that could get them banned?

Its all about the player and his personal borders. One does not have problems with godmode hacks but another would never use anything additional to the game, not even interface. But let me ask you something. Do you think that FOnline has so many cheaters just because of bad luck? That community got somehow sorted out to level that when you see someone in northern cities then there is 50% chance he is using fast aim? Why do you think "cheaters" are that common in FOnline?

Cheating is same as anything else that is prohibited. Only your borders will tell you how far can you go. And from the numbers of players that are "cheating" in PvP i would guess that there is a pretty big group of players that don't consider shortcuts as cheating. I'm one of them. And why not? Every other game developer would be glad if he knew that there are people who spend their time to make something useful for the game they like. But what the hell are we arguing here about? Few shortcuts and graphic gadget to display players HP? Well and thats the reason why so many people "cheat". Because they don't consider something as basic as shortcuts cheating. And personally if you ask me its not cheating, but you say they have advantage over players that don't have these shortcuts. Yeah but pretty same applies for interfaces too or even for damn screen resolution! Default UI blocks 1/5 of screen and players with combat UI have advantage over those who don't. Same situation only here its considered not cheating, because its something so trivial as interface. But where exactly is that border between combat interface not being cheating but using shortcuts already is?

Anyway I've slipped into the flamewars so back to topic: If you want to ban for shortcuts and other addons then it will lead only to less and less community stuff being posted here such as those videos screens etc. And since its something so so so so so SO basic as shortcuts then I think you devs should think about your policy about this. Imho if you would officially support selected programs that players use for shortcuts then it could not do any harm. Simply if you want to use them, use them. If not then wait for next update and maybe it will bring shortcuts into the game and such programs will become obsolete. Having this witch hunt here and banning only those whom you can prove they use such programs (e.g. video directors...) while tons of other will use it unnoticed leads us nowhere.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:47:36 pm by Sius »

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 01:53:12 pm »

That
Devs said they don't have time/won't look at the videos to ban people.
That
This is not an issue. Was someone banned for posting such video? I'm not aware of it.
and that
Banned.
No, seriously, what are you talking about? Just record the videos.

Whats more here to discuss? 8)

EDIT: If someone is stil not sure, why dont you just turn off aimbot for the moment? There are players on the battlefield that dont use it that will appreciate it:-)
EDIT: Devs sets the border. Its up to them to decide whats a cheat and whats not. And they have decided. Rules are set, they can be discused, but in the end, if you are breaking them, its devs and GMs who will decide if you cheat or not. Not your conscience.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:00:07 pm by Bantz »

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 08:20:19 pm »

which one of the gms and only that matters

now, we can only wait for cvet's pack and new pvp servers with new staff and ideas, btw well i remember that battle it was really annoying

Can you quote me where i said that?

PS: Custom interface / shorcut / macro are allowed in all MMO except FOnline ... Strange no?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:24:56 pm by LeMark »

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 08:47:51 pm »

Can you quote me where i said that?

PS: Custom interface / shorcut / macro are allowed in all MMO except FOnline ... Strange no?

custom interface is allowed in FO, shortuc idk, macro if it help you just for to create metal parts etc is allowed too but only if you are on the computer I think (if you set it on the night steal macro bot or making 10k metal parts its denied)

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 09:51:24 pm »

FoCD (http://fonline.isgreat.org/) is basically legal and not bannable on the 2238 server. The only way you will get banned is if you use Yanus, to evade fast-relog, which will eventually lead to your temporary character banning (really, not permanent? no wonder all the red dots use it) Ghosthack claims GMs will ban for it now, but he is obviously bullshitting. Izual knows people that use FoCD. Every GM knows people that use it. Are they all banned? No. The only plausible way I see is if you take a video or screenshot of your character with the plugins enabled.

Jan0s1k is smart to disable the plugins for his video, unlike CND, but does this mean he doesn't deserve to be banned?

Maybe once the devs actually fix something can they even consider stopping FoCD, until then, no one gives a fuck, and neither should you.

jan0s1k

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 10:43:33 pm »

FoCD (http://fonline.isgreat.org/) is basically legal and not bannable on the 2238 server. The only way you will get banned is if you use Yanus, to evade fast-relog, which will eventually lead to your temporary character banning (really, not permanent? no wonder all the red dots use it) Ghosthack claims GMs will ban for it now, but he is obviously bullshitting. Izual knows people that use FoCD. Every GM knows people that use it. Are they all banned? No. The only plausible way I see is if you take a video or screenshot of your character with the plugins enabled.

Jan0s1k is smart to disable the plugins for his video, unlike CND, but does this mean he doesn't deserve to be banned?

Maybe once the devs actually fix something can they even consider stopping FoCD, until then, no one gives a fuck, and neither should you.
FOCD is allowed? lol we discous about it
and btw this
Quote from: Ghosthack
I see a lot of people trying really hard to rationalize their behavior in this thread. If you use FOCD or any other macro/packet editor or any other third party program which directly influences the game by editing the memory of the process, hooking any of the APIs and so on, it is a cheat. Basically, if you're manipulating the game to do things it weren't supposed to do, to gain an advantage over other players, you're cheating. It's as simple as that.

You could argue that the "mod" that someone made a long time ago to make walls invisible and therefore make it easier to hunt items in cave was totally legit or a cheat, now, this is a borderline because this mod replaced the wall graphics with new transparent tiles and thereby making the walls invisible. In this case it's a fine line, when using the client built-in capabilities to make something that arguable could be considered a cheat by most people (although a much minor, as it's a PvE/solo cheat). This is not the case with FOCD and the like.

The argument that "devs are lazy, and should implement feature xyz or else I must cheat until then!" doesn't play well in my ears either, as it could be used to argue for anything. "Devs broke the combat, now we have to cheat".

Now, you may of course continue to use FOCD or any other tool, because you "need it", but don't blame the GMs and don't come whining here on the forums/IRC when you get banned for it

Anything unclear?
EVERY modyfication of code/memory of FOnline are dissalowed and sometimes illegal so what a fuck you talking about...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 10:45:19 pm by jan0s1k »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 03:40:51 am »

Every GM knows from the atleast "famous" persons who visit IRC often who use the FOCD. And? I won't ban anyone for this, as this would be a shitload of work as so many people are using it. The only conclusion I draw out of this, that I am disappointed of the community and will think twice when one of the people using hacks is sending a requesthelp. Nothing more.
I have better things to do in my sparse time then banning thousands of alts just because I have seen a video of one guy using these things etc.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 05:12:35 pm »

yey is me there!  ;D

and I'm too slow aiming in this video haha

Btw, what program did your friend uses?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:21:39 pm by _Youkai_ »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.