"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:29:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Combat & Aimed Shots suggestion  (Read 1762 times)

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
Combat & Aimed Shots suggestion
« on: August 15, 2010, 02:30:55 pm »

At the moment we can make aimed shot almost always to every part of enemy body, exclude eyes.
My idea is to make shots to hands, groin, legs similar to eyes shot.
It means: when you aim to right hand and your opponent stays turned left to you, you just can't hit his right arm but your bullet hit the left arm or the torso.
Same with legs and groin.

Well, I am almost sure that can be implemented just like eyes shots was implemented that they hit head sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:35:28 pm by Pandemon »
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

avv

Re: Combat & Aimed Shots suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 02:45:50 pm »

Eyeshots being related on model's position was implemented to nerf eyeshots somehow. Similar need isn't apparent with shots aimed elsewhere.

In addition because the world is 2d our models can only stand in one way while facing 4 directions. So realism doesn't have a say in this matter and as feature it wouldn't have a needed impact on gameflow. If you wanted to go realistic, you should be able to aim and shoot someone's right arm from left side when his arm was extended while firing a pistol.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 04:41:23 pm »

Oh god, why would you want to implent that? Looks like you don't have any combat experience. You made the suggestion just for the hell of it.
Developers, developers, developers, developers...

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 04:46:40 pm »

Oh god, why would you want to implent that? Looks like you don't have any combat experience. You made the suggestion just for the hell of it.
trust me he is in CS so have some combat skill - how much idk but this is not about it thread
aimed shoots should be improved (I mean all parts are good but example shooting in groin create dmg 1-30 dmg ;p)
so I suggest to improve groin shot (it's much more hurt then shot in arm or anyting else so it's should be upgraded ^^)

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 04:52:41 pm »

Red Dot and combat experience? More like losing experience. Anyway, I was talking about his idea - nerf armshots and that's BAD idea. Afaik groin shots give you weakened state, knock you down and that's enough.

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 05:20:51 pm »

Red Dot and combat experience? More like losing experience. Anyway, I was talking about his idea - nerf armshots and that's BAD idea. Afaik groin shots give you weakened state, knock you down and that's enough.
so you dont know what are god fights did you thing watching time counter from NCR is good combat experience? I think note, so dont write this bulshits at this thread

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 05:25:51 pm »

At first it was a good idea, then I thought - If you're right in front of me, but showing me your back, can't I shoot you in the groin ? Can't I make your legs useless ? Can't I break your shoulders down to make your arms useless ? This kind of idea can only apply to eyes, imo.

Parowooz - Stop trolling. Thanks.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 05:34:52 pm »

Hiting to groin from behing - what is the groin? It's "a cock". If you got it at ur back... you are unique then.
And about legs - you're right, you can make legs useless from behind, arms - you're right.

But I wasn't talking about staying at back but staying turned right/left while shoting to hidden arm/leg.

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 05:38:01 pm »

If you shoot someone in the groin from behind (which is the groin, not the cock  :P) you would probably hit the tailbone.

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 05:40:29 pm »

You know bullets actually penetrate targets, even if you shoot someone in the back of his head you still should get like 30% chance for an eyeshot. And I think you still can shoot someone's balls off if you aim between his legs - do you really want to discuss that?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 06:03:31 pm »

About the eyes : If you shoot at someone behind his back, aiming at his eyes, what will you really aim at ? His head. So current system is ok.

I'd agree that the groin part could only be shot in front of the target, but on the other hand groin shots are not used often, it'd make them even more useless, maybe.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Parowooz

• Maximum Pain
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 06:05:15 pm »

So what would you shoot if not his groin? A torso? What's the point of nerfing something that's not overpowered anyway?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 06:47:57 pm »

That's exactly what I said.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 07:34:11 am »

The groin shots need rework, but when it will be reworked (for example it will/should knock down a player) then it should be only avaible to shot from front.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 07:42:33 am »

the head is a just as good place to place your bullet really, and as parowooz and izual said, why the fuck should anything that isn't overpowered be nerfed?
even with rework there will never be a 100% chace of knockdowns, ever... but however, your avengers have that lovely 2x BRD and AP ammo making them the deadliest weapon ingame... you say no instakills for snipers, I say no damage for minigunners

food for thought...right below, the quote, not the asshole who answers in these sort of lines: oh noes, does not nerf my big ****-enchancer, i cantz lives withut it!

edit: I say restrict the power of big guns to rockets and flamers and nerf the living shit out of the big automatic weapons, they were lategame weapons in fallout for a reason and that ain't gonna change with most of you being conservative out of your asses, the smell is terrible by the way... It is a beta people and we'll be able to see the world as a much better place without large automatic weapons...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:48:11 am by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.