"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:11:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stealing and some questions  (Read 1341 times)

Stealing and some questions
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:59:26 pm »

I am new to this game, liked the atmosphere so want a rogue build...

1) Why cant we make bows ? crossbow or bow, but I think it wasnt in original game so... it is just suggestion for wasteland we can have bowmaking, use throwing skill for it etc.
2) How much stealing skill do we need to steal from the best guy ?
3) Is stealth neccessary for stealing ? Does it give bonus ?
4) Why my character walks like an idiot when I target to run attack somebody with my spear ? Cant I just target and my char runs and hits with my spear thank you.....
5) What is the amount of sneaking skill for decent stealth ? vs good guys
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:26:17 pm by Yuma »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Stealing and some questions
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 12:03:06 am »

1. Not fallout-y, sorry  :P And Devs don't plan to add any new weapons.

2. There isn't a set amount, and it depends of the Perception of the person you are trying to steal from. With 200% skill, you will usually succeed.

3. Sneak is not necessary and it does not give bonus.

4. Because of current game mechanics, you cannot aim an attack and then run automatically. I'm not sure, but I think devs are currently in the process of trying to make it so you can aim and run.

5. Check the Viewing Range on the Sneak tables on the Wiki: http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Sneak
300% sneak is the best though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:05:28 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Re: Stealing and some questions
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:42:40 pm »

2. There isn't a set amount, and it depends of the Perception of the person you are trying to steal from. With 200% skill, you will usually succeed.

3. Sneak is not necessary and it does not give bonus.

2. Even with a skill well over 200 you will fail quite regularly.
When it comes to npc that means:
- you lose protection, nothing more. You can only find out by keeping an eye on the town reputation
- you'll get shot. Off course you also lose reputation. Look at it from the bright side: at least you're not unprotected when you return

3. Only "bonus" it gives you is that you might be noticed a bit later than none sneak thieves. So victims with low perception have less time to react which gives you more time to steal which in return is convenient with stacked items. Off course that's best used around people who are trading. High sneak also gives you a bigger chance of getting away when you're caught stealing. Players can't shoot what they can't see.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.