"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 10:07:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Metal armor requirements  (Read 1708 times)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Metal armor requirements
« on: August 19, 2010, 07:19:34 pm »

so, Metal armor is the moast easy and the moast relible armor to make:4 GMP(for MRK1) and 5 (for mark 2)

i sugest that the requirements shoud be:3 GMP,2 brahmin hides(the pants)and 2 golden gecho pelts(the boots)
and for mrk 2: Metal Mrk 1, 2 GMP 1 BHide and 2 Golden gecho pelts
Re: Metal armor requirements
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 07:57:16 pm »

2 golden gecho pelts(the boots)
But boots are metal too!!1

Just make requirements like it's now but +golden gecko pelts, so everyone will need also hunt poor lizards, not only 1 time run to HQ mine.
Or not upgraded metal armor will require alot regular metal parts as pre-wipe metal armor, and upgrade will require HQ metal. You'll need to make 3 none-HQ-mine runs to craft metal armor, and then 1 HQ-mine run to upgrade it.
Or merge this both, so you'll need 3 none-HQ-mines runs, then kill some golden geckos, then 1 HQ-mine run.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:01:06 pm »

But boots are metal too!!1

Just make requirements like it's now but +golden gecko pelts, so everyone will need also hunt poor lizards, not only 1 time run to HQ mine.
Or not upgraded metal armor will require alot regular metal parts as pre-wipe metal armor, and upgrade will require HQ metal. You'll need to make 3 none-HQ-mine runs to craft metal armor, and then 1 HQ-mine run to upgrade it.
Or merge this both, so you'll need 3 none-HQ-mines runs, then kill some golden geckos, then 1 HQ-mine run.
well,let's say they are from shiny gecko pelts,of fire gecho pelts

Signor

• Hairy Potter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:06:47 pm »

If you want a plausible reason for having pelts/leather as a requirement then how about as the inner linning to the armor, I'm quite sure that you wouldn't enjoy that searing hot metal armor against your bare skin after its been baking in the hot wasteland sun.
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 10:09:51 pm »

If you want a plausible reason for having pelts/leather as a requirement then how about as the inner linning to the armor, I'm quite sure that you wouldn't enjoy that searing hot metal armor against your bare skin after its been baking in the hot wasteland sun.

Wouldn't this just make the armor even hotter as there is another layer of insulation?
FOnline id: xPoncex
GT:xPoncex

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 10:41:27 pm »

You guys care way too much about "real-life physics" of it.

Yes, I agree that metal armor needs more variety of things to create it. Getting rid of one Good Metal Part and adding a golden gecko hide or two sounds good to me.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Signor

• Hairy Potter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 03:03:46 am »

Wouldn't this just make the armor even hotter as there is another layer of insulation?

Yes it would but think of it this way imagine taking taking a scaling hot frying pan then applying that to your skin, frankly I'd prefer being hot over having my skin cooking.

You guys care way too much about "real-life physics" of it.

Yes, I agree that metal armor needs more variety of things to create it. Getting rid of one Good Metal Part and adding a golden gecko hide or two sounds good to me.

Actually I do agree with it aswell but just providing a reason for some of those "it has to be realistic" folk.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:07:13 am by Signor »
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.