Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: towing  (Read 1385 times)

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
towing
« on: August 18, 2010, 02:02:06 am »

When you have someone tagged, if he is right next to you, knocked out, if you walk (not run) away, you tow him behind you.

Cocain

• Your already dead
Re: towing
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 02:21:29 am »

nah, if u dont want to leave ur friend behind because hes knockout just heal him its not that difficult.. if u choose to run becouse ur scared ,then ur friend should suffer the consequences.. and to know ur a coward :X
Aku Soku Zan

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 02:44:33 am »

Cocain: this suggestion is mostly for use in RT combat in groups - it makes no sense to heal friend in such situation because probably the time and AP spent would be better spent shooting - for the second you heal him, he probably gets even bigger damage than what have you healed him...

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 02:49:55 am »

I would actuall like this... Its not like you can't be at -hp on worldmap anyways but the combat timer would make this somewhat useless...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 03:01:45 am »

Cocain: this suggestion is mostly for use in RT combat in groups - it makes no sense to heal friend in such situation because probably the time and AP spent would be better spent shooting - for the second you heal him, he probably gets even bigger damage than what have you healed him...

it forces player to choose, either expect to win and then heal ur fallen comrades or heal ur comrades and flee to fight another day

im pretty new to this game and after 2 exchange of bullets can guess pretty accuratly the outcome of the fight.. also by implementing ur measure ur destroying the importance of medics in the battlefield, destroying the importance of teamplay aswell.. IMO

Aku Soku Zan

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:09:06 am »

It would be good for situations like, you are with your friend pinned down behind a rock by a hostile sniper, so one takes a peek, bam he is shot and knocked out, but you tag him and trag him to safety to heal him.

Cocain: That is if there were medics in battle in the first place... Now it's like everyone has a medic, because every powerbuild next to weapon skill usually has trained FA or doc.

In my opinion, current FA and doc during RT combat is unrealistic and could be made more fun if you could do it just when not in combat. Maybe even stimpacks should be nerfed, with a cooldown.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 03:33:04 am »

It would be good for situations like, you are with your friend pinned down behind a rock by a hostile sniper, so one takes a peek, bam he is shot and knocked out, but you tag him and trag him to safety to heal him.

Cocain: That is if there were medics in battle in the first place... Now it's like everyone has a medic, because every powerbuild next to weapon skill usually has trained FA or doc.

In my opinion, current FA and doc during RT combat is unrealistic and could be made more fun if you could do it just when not in combat. Maybe even stimpacks should be nerfed, with a cooldown.

one of my chars, a doctor, was recruited by that single reason

while many players do train FA and doctor they are not dedicated medics and prioritise damage output, FA and doc are only usefull to them for AFTER the fight to prepare for a possible counter-attack

theres a very good number of dedicated medics in vault city, u should aproach one and invite them to ur party.

give them stimpaks and such and keep them in the back for healing.

also many dedicated medics like myself have very high charisma to use mercs to help u out in the fight while they focus on keeping u guys alive

ur measure would completly kill my char objective/point in the game.. and that wouldn be nice
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:38:02 am by Cocain »
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 07:46:44 am »

one of my chars, a doctor, was recruited by that single reason

while many players do train FA and doctor they are not dedicated medics and prioritise damage output, FA and doc are only usefull to them for AFTER the fight to prepare for a possible counter-attack

theres a very good number of dedicated medics in vault city, u should aproach one and invite them to ur party.

give them stimpaks and such and keep them in the back for healing.

also many dedicated medics like myself have very high charisma to use mercs to help u out in the fight while they focus on keeping u guys alive

ur measure would completly kill my char objective/point in the game.. and that wouldn be nice

I fail to see how this would kill your entire characters role, most characters have some First aid already, and combat medics also share alot in common with some big gun builds as well.

Also, play the game a bit more if you would, its not if you can win or not, its if you're wounded team mate is going to die before you can finish off all the enemys.

And personally, on both town capture raiding and PvE hunting trips my group has never had a whole member who's one role was to heal, and nornally as long as we didn't have low HP lowbie characters we'd do just fine.

And on a personal note, If your character cant at least use small guns i wouldn't want him following me around, you can have a crappy build but as long as you've got some small guns skill thats all that really matters, at least in PvE at lower levels, which is normally what i do as a rule of thumb.. If they can use a burst weapon,i it could be kind of dangerous...

cheers.

-Ulrek-

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 12:29:45 pm »

I fail to see how this would kill your entire characters role, most characters have some First aid already, and combat medics also share alot in common with some big gun builds as well.

Also, play the game a bit more if you would, its not if you can win or not, its if you're wounded team mate is going to die before you can finish off all the enemys.

And personally, on both town capture raiding and PvE hunting trips my group has never had a whole member who's one role was to heal, and nornally as long as we didn't have low HP lowbie characters we'd do just fine.

And on a personal note, If your character cant at least use small guns i wouldn't want him following me around, you can have a crappy build but as long as you've got some small guns skill thats all that really matters, at least in PvE at lower levels, which is normally what i do as a rule of thumb.. If they can use a burst weapon,i it could be kind of dangerous...

cheers.

-Ulrek-

1-presuming stuff by my post count would be a huge mistake by your part

2-u need to read everything

if u cant see the value of a dedicated medic in ones group thats problobly becouse u dont use one.. as for ur personal note im pretty sure i can output more damage than you without firing a single bullet.
and yes i do have SG, i just leave damage to others and my mercs to concentrate on healing
Aku Soku Zan
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.