"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:05:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Gang Wars  (Read 16426 times)

Gang Wars
« on: August 03, 2010, 08:27:53 am »

This topic is related to what Lordus suggested yesterday evening

Warnings:

1- This suggestion is especially dedicated to the following gangs: RDA, VSB, Rogues, BBS, Hawks, TTTLA, Mash Force, TDS, TCB, Bandits, CND, AC, Pie Eaters. But other gangs can participate if they respect the rules.

2- The Gang Wars will be performed without GM (a GM is very usefull for such event but they can't be always there so we have to take our responsibilities).
It means shit WILL happen so if you are afraid to lose stuff don't come.

3- These events do not interfere with diplomatic relationships between teams: in TC, alliances will stay as they are currently.

Rules:

1- I think the best place for this will be Necropolis. So an appointment will be made at a certain hour via mumble or IRC.

2- Gangs have to decide BEFORE the specific time the number of players that will participate. This number will be from 5 to 10. Each gang have to respect this number.
=> Example: even if RDA are numerous, they will have to choose 5 or 7 of their warriors if the gang ahead can't furnish more players. They can also make 2 teams but this 2 teams will fight separately.

3- ONLY 2 GANGS CAN FIGHT at a time. Other gangs can go inside to observe but they will have to respect distance (or won't be able to leave a specific area).

4- A NameColorizing MUST BE updated BEFORE the fight begins.

5- EVERY TEAM OR PLAYERS that disturb the fight between the 2 gangs involved will be executed.

6- Before coming, consider all your stuff as lost. So don't whine to recover it after the fight.

7- When two teams are fighting(for example RDA vs TTTLA) faction who is in war with first and second team(for example Rouges/BBS) choose one sneaker with high perception to make movie/take screens.
Only the scout chosen by the two teams is considered neutral scout and he can't be shot, he is only here to record.
=> Yet, ONE scout per gang is authorized in the fight but he can be shot on sight and scouts are not allowed to attack gangs involved.

For example, it could be 5 RDA + 1 scout VS 5 Rogues +1 scout

Example of Watershed:

I will edit this post according to your suggestions until I estimate everyone (or nearly everyone) is satisfied with the rules.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 04:17:57 pm by Cryofluid »
TTTLA for a New World Order

Re: Gang Wars
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:08:38 am »

7- When two teams are fighting(for example RDA vs TTTLA) faction who is in war with first and second team(for example Rouges/BBS) choose one sneaker with high perception to make movie/take screens.

I think is good idea. I have question. Only that 2 teams know when will be fight against themselfs? If yes we cannot put there scout from another team and even from their team(good scout is not bad ;) ).
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:40:53 am »

I think is good idea. I have question. Only that 2 teams know when will be fight against themselfs? If yes we cannot put there scout from another team and even from their team(good scout is not bad ;) ).

Let's try it.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:57:30 am by Cryofluid »

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:10:07 am »

Sorry, I click Quote instead of Modify  ::)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:12:13 am by Cryofluid »

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 10:40:10 am »

Yeah, why not.
But Necropolis is a bit far away, we could also try some new maps like Gordon Gas Station, Water Pump, Junkyeard...
Maybe we should award a prize. For exeample : each gang would have to come with a car, and the winner would take the loser's car.
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 11:36:28 am »

I think enough reward will be stuff of team which were killed and fun. :P

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 11:39:00 am »

its on

dont know what to add, looks good for me
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 11:46:21 am by maszrum »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 12:31:35 pm »

is it possible, from game masters, to add special respawn near that combat zone, that will grant 100 percent chance of respawn at this respawn point, if we die inside that location? it will help us

And, i suggest make Modoc that pvp city.. and i think that i wil not see problem, if there will be fighting more than two teams in one time.. Lets make Modoc pvp city like in old days..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:34:52 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 12:33:04 pm »

Not on a public map like this. Who knows what may happen :/
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Lordus

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 12:35:16 pm »

Not on a public map like this. Who knows what may happen :/

WE ARE BORED! What happend? For christ. Yesterday, at cca 9 PM of CEtime, there were cca 60 players on VSB and TTLA mumble.. add +20 od RDA mumble, and you have 1/4 of all population of fonline. This is the core, and we are bored.

Other players will be glad that mines will be clear of gangpk for some time. And those NCR "bazzar instant message system" chaters will dont recognize any change.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:40:39 pm by Lordus »
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 12:54:36 pm »

80 players ? I think Your guys can try to kill NCR.. VC.. SF and next Navvaro ;D

Lordus

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 12:57:08 pm »

80 players ? I think Your guys can try to kill NCR.. VC.. SF and next Navvaro ;D

not all of us are in alliance and not all of us were actualy fighting.. and of course, we are enemy :)
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 12:58:11 pm »

but 40 player should be enough to do somethink big and funny ;D

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 12:58:57 pm »

WE ARE BORED!
Doesn't change anything to my answer, lad. Plus, you are bored and have shitloads of stuff - you can certainly find some ideas to have fun. I was more imaginative back in CBT. Anyway. Some members of the so-called "core" of our playerbase talked to me about a PvP event with the biggest teams, and my answer wasn't negative.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Lordus

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 01:10:16 pm »

Doesn't change anything to my answer, lad. Plus, you are bored and have shitloads of stuff - you can certainly find some ideas to have fun. I was more imaginative back in CBT. Anyway. Some members of the so-called "core" of our playerbase talked to me about a PvP event with the biggest teams, and my answer wasn't negative.

Organized pvp events is not the reason why we are on this server.. If you fight with mind that you can loose your stuff and of course, you can win another ones, it is best experience.

I think that Modoc war zone will not be anti "regular fonline player" measure:

Modoc has PK tradition, there are not neccesary quests, there are place for big gunners and sniper, it is in the middle of gang bases, it is the last town anyone can capture because of TC (nothing valuable - jet - is there), there are not normal players insïde (like in most cities in wasteland .. great progress BTW after one year of testing).

So:

Disable TC in Modoc, militia too, of course, set respawn point near Modoc that if we die in Modoc, we will respawn there (=> great benefit for non junkie chars, if they will be able to join pvp alomost immediately), disable town preview for that town, write on IRC: "if you are noob, dont visit Modoc".

Or fuck us, like you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.