"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:20:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tutorial: Who the hell needs money to keep going  (Read 1854 times)

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
Tutorial: Who the hell needs money to keep going
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:21:34 am »

SPOILER: An energy expert (crafter) will always need some money to refine uranium. However even casual hunts will cover these costs.
SPOILER2: Acceptable det% may vary per item.
SPOILER3: Crappy weapons or off to the mines. The choice is yours.
Depends on level of deterioration.

(JUST EXAMPLE)  Lets say you have armor with 1-24 % det, it will sellfull price.  Then you have one with 25-49 % det, it will sell for less.

Also EVERY repair lowers the price dramatically.

If you happen to be a lone hunter without any social success or backup in this game, then this is definitely for you!

Requirements:
- fully loaded weapon that...
- has less than 60% deterioration (preferably without traces of repair)
- need to know location of vendor NPC that buys and sells aforementioned weapon at 100% base value

Get going:
1. Go to aforementioned vendor NPC with a weapon that meets the requirements.
2. Open trade with NPC.
3. Offer him/her the weapon.
4. Request same weapon with 0% deterioration and fully loaded.
5. ????
6. Profit!

You have now successfully replaced your old and torn weapon for a new and shiny model. You can now go away and do some damage.

Protip: It works the same with armours.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:49:53 am by lehytek »
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Tutorial: Who the hell needs money to keep going
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:29:54 am »

Depends on level of deterioration.

(JUST EXAMPLE)  Lets say you have armor with 1-24 % det, it will sellfull price.  Then you have one with 25-49 % det, it will sell for less.

Also EVERY repair lowers the price dramatically.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 07:04:16 am »

I had a laser rifle with 60% det and it fully covered the expense for a brand new one.
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 06:23:41 am »

Det doesn't affect vendor price AFAIK.

Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:17:15 pm »

Started playing fonline after few months again. What made me stop playing was the fact that crafting felt the only way to survive. I was horribly wrong, recently I tried different approach and noticed you will get very good weapons from merchants with low price bought with scrap you gather from dead npcs and wasteland. Now the game feels more fun as the crafting is so damn boring.

John Hancock

• Yippie Ki Yay!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 05:50:07 pm »

Well, you can't really get third-tier weapons from merchants, generally speaking. People can and do sell Brotherhood Armor, good ammo and third-tier weapons when they find a trader that's full of caps, because they'll just make more later, but it's very unreliable.

You can get laser rifles and assault rifles (which may as well be third-tier weapons, for their uses) at some traders pretty reliably, but good luck finding the ammunition without crafting it. You can get 5mm in encounters, but it's not reliable. You can also get Micro Fusion Cell in encounters, I'm sure, but those are going to be tough encounters.

I'm in a gang now, and crafting and aggressive mining seem to be pretty inescapable parts of the game unless you don't mind just doing PvE with fairly crappy weapons. And yes, the gathering and crafting are getting incredibly tedious now, though I've been playing less than two weeks. IMO they both need much longer cooldowns so that you can gather and craft for a long while, then go shoot some people or creatures for a while without stopping every 20-30 mins. to go gather and craft some more.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 06:40:11 pm »

Well, you can't really get third-tier weapons from merchants, generally speaking. People can and do sell Brotherhood Armor, good ammo and third-tier weapons when they find a trader that's full of caps, because they'll just make more later, but it's very unreliable.

You can get laser rifles and assault rifles (which may as well be third-tier weapons, for their uses) at some traders pretty reliably, but good luck finding the ammunition without crafting it. You can get 5mm in encounters, but it's not reliable. You can also get Micro Fusion Cell in encounters, I'm sure, but those are going to be tough encounters.

I'm in a gang now, and crafting and aggressive mining seem to be pretty inescapable parts of the game unless you don't mind just doing PvE with fairly crappy weapons. And yes, the gathering and crafting are getting incredibly tedious now, though I've been playing less than two weeks. IMO they both need much longer cooldowns so that you can gather and craft for a long while, then go shoot some people or creatures for a while without stopping every 20-30 mins. to go gather and craft some more.
This, just make it longer... PLEASE!  This will save everyone lot o twuble.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 22 queries.