"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 10:22:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Hunt for Jim Ripper  (Read 11800 times)

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
The Hunt for Jim Ripper
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:07:59 pm »

New Reno families are in a serious trouble. The attacks began 2 weeks ago: first a prostitute working for Wrights, then two Mordino drug dealers, finally a soldier of Bishops and a scientist working for Salvatores. All murders were done with a knife or some other sharp tool, at night when nobody else was around. Very soon the New Reno citizens nicknamed the murderer "Jim Ripper". Nobody seems to know whether it's a crazy psycho or a man working for someone bigger. One thing is sure - New Reno families are not happy about the presence of the maniac in their town.

Yesterday Jim Ripper struck again. But this time the attack was different, very different. A bald, scarred old man with emotionless face quickly walked into Shark Club and slashed the Lil' Jesus Mordino with a shiv in front of horrified customers. "Nice tool. I will keep it." - whispered the man, picked up the knife of Lil' Jesus and disappeared in foggy night. No one could expect it by looking at Mordino son lying in a pond of his own blood, but by some strange stroke of luck  Lil' Jesus survived the attack.

The attack on one of the most prominent family members was to much for everyone. All families decided to get rid of the serial killer at any cost. Each family decided to offer 10 000 caps for the head of Jim Ripper. The exit roads were blocked to prevent easy escape of the psychopath. The hunt has begun.

Time and place:
The event starts TODAY in 3 hours at 20:10 PM Central European Summer Time (GMT+2) and will take place in a COPY of New Reno. Meeting in V15 at 20:00-20:10 CEST. Come naked.

Rules:
- As soon as you will be teleported to New Reno copy, you can start hunting Jim Ripper. There will be NPCs giving weapons near entrance and additional ammo and radios on floor. Use channel 0.
- NO KILLING OTHER PLAYERS, people doing it will be banned for 48 hours. You are supposed to cooperate to kill Jim Ripper. SHOUT and use radios to call for help.
- There is no respawns - you have ONE life.
- The person who will kill Jim Ripper will get a special reward. If there will be any doubts who killed him, the item rewards will be not given and the cap rewards will be shared among the people who are probable killers (were near Jim Ripper when he died and shot him).

Winning condtion:
- Players win if they kill Jim Ripper.
- Jim Ripper wins if there is no alive/logged in players left in New Reno Copy
- Jim Ripper can also win if he kills all bosses of New Reno Families - protect them.
- If there is no winner after 2 hours, it means Jim Ripper managed to run away from town and everyone can go sleep :P

Rewards for player who will kill Jim Ripper:

Warning if a boss of a family is dead, his part of reward is not given!

Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 03:34:46 pm by Izual »

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: EVENT TODAY: The Hunt for Jim Ripper
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:19:59 pm »

looks promising, I'll be there.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 05:23:51 pm »

This seems to have peeked my awesome-radar.

*Edit:* Will there be weapons for unarmed character?(Like powerfist)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:25:59 pm by xPoncex »
FOnline id: xPoncex
GT:xPoncex
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 05:24:20 pm »

I think it will be Good time For Player killers , be ready.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 05:27:50 pm »

Rules:
- NO KILLING OTHER PLAYERS, people doing it will be banned for 48 hours. You are supposed to cooperate to kill Jim Ripper.

Dark Angel, you are a complete idiot, next time read more than the title...  :-\

edit: any special armpour restrictions, I'd love to NOT run in ca, maybe LAMK2/CLJ for the people?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:33:11 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 05:31:23 pm »

Dont call other people idiots on this forum. I think Dark Angel just wanted to warn us. Dont worry, GMs will be watching and there will be only one enemy so it will be easy to spot people braking rules.

There will be stuff for unarmed and additional ammo on floor. Just make sure you choose proper dialog option because there will be no 2nd chance (if you die, you leave event).

The armors will be given by NPC along with weapons. COME NAKED to event, all stuff you will bring will be lost.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:34:54 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »

Event ago i was killed 2 times by red dots.. in rules you Said : NO KILLING OTHER PLAYER... I dont think you warned that player ..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:45:21 pm by Dark Angel »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 06:00:20 pm »

hmm I suppose now to whine.... but - last time whe n i toomy HtH build - it was like that - i started to kill some mobs - but i got killed by freak players with rocketslaunchers/miniguns - even grenades - so i want to ask you - how HtH people could fight with Jim the Ripper ?!?!

Edit: I mean that - you should give extra medicaments for HtH players - they are hmm someway "nerfed" in Events PvE.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:01:58 pm by Tomowolf »
h

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 06:19:16 pm »

Jim Ripper is melee so he has the same disadvantages. Of course he is a lot tougher than any normal player - so use tactics, cooperate, use shouts, radios, voice communication - do whatever you want to kill him AND protect bosses of 4 families.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:22:01 pm by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 06:26:37 pm »

Yeah - cooperate with enemy faction.... very funny :)
If there are people fro mfactions - every factions could guard each other Boss - for example :
RDA - Salvatore,VSB - Morodino,TTTLA  - Wrights - and bla bla bla :).
h

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 06:28:18 pm »

let me guess, he has 300% in all skills, including doctor and FA, I had the plan to cripple him everywhere and fuck him up to the max, any chances of that happening by any chance?  :-\

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 06:28:38 pm »

Tomowolf, it's up to you to organize. There will be NO ENEMIES on the event except Jim Ripper.

Yeah he has lots of perks and good skills. You will have to damage him a lot and cooperate to counter his sneak. Don't expect to simply knock him off alone and punch him for 2 minutes.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:33:20 pm by JovankaB »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 06:36:53 pm »

goodie, a guy who heals to 100% hp every 60 secs... and can heal his crippled limbs every 60 secs too... Hopefully the piloting GM won't be too exploitery with the skills, although I hardly see that happening.

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 06:55:59 pm »

Yeah - cooperate with enemy faction.... very funny :)
If there are people fro mfactions - every factions could guard each other Boss - for example :
RDA - Salvatore,VSB - Morodino,TTTLA  - Wrights - and bla bla bla :).

+1 ..

I think 3 best factions should take 3 places and last place should be safe by Players without faction ;)

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 06:57:07 pm »

Doesn't matter what you think, it is clearly stated in the events rules that you are supposed to support each other, not to fight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.