Hate mines.
- 0 (0%)
Hate buying ore.
- 0 (0%)
Like this idea.
- 10 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mine Foreman Dialog  (Read 1520 times)

Mine Foreman Dialog
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:04:41 am »

I wrote this character & Dialog for the Dialog Competition. I'll add a link to the .fodlg in a later post~

This dialog was written for the Mine Foreman @ NCR, however I left the dialog ambigious enough for it to be used with all Public Mine Foremans. Of serious note, I could not figure out the PID for Iron ore, in the dialog editor there was only PID_ORE2 and no PID_ORE~ so I used PID_ORE2 as a placeholder for Iron Ore ( I hope its not high quality ore)

Career as a Miner

The mine foreman's dialog has been modified to offer a career as a miner to players as an alternative to shit shoveling. Players going to a public Mines will have the opportunity to sell thier raw ore to the Mine Foreman for 30 Caps (which is the best price you'd get for raw ore anywhere, but about half of what you'd get from refining the raw ore..

Buying Mines

I left in the option to buy abandoned mines, but also added in alot of backstory to the character.I am unsure of the mechanics of selling property in the game, so this option needs some work still~ if I had access to the original dialog I'd probably be able to figure it out.

*Buying Sealed Mines*- Might need to be removed

The mine foreman also sells the deed to a sealed mine, Which would be a location somewhere with a "Sealed in Cave Entrance on a Cliff side". I'm sure you've seen the map I'm talking about, with a little bit of Dynomite and the appropriate trap skills you can blow open the entrance to the cave. The mine foreman suggests that there is a random chance that you find a vault in the sealed cave, however I have no intention of that happening. Upon blowing the cave open, you'll find it filled with NPC's: rats, pigrats, Molerats, Deathclaws, Wanimagos, geckos, ghouls, etc etc... there will be no minerals or ore. After clearing it out, you will have an empty cave ~ which you could then sell to the base merchant in Junktown.

Buying Raw Ore and Minerals

The foreman also sells Raw Ore and Minerals in bulk (units of 50) so that players will be encumbered if they don't bring along a brahmin, caravan, or other players to help them transport the material. The price that he sells the raw material at depends on player charisma.
charisma 1-4: 140 per ore
charisma 5-8: 100 per ore
charisma 9-10: 60 per ore
If a player attempts to resell the ore back to the foreman, they will always lose money; one of the many reasons that the foreman sells in bulk.

AND BACKSTORY:
Additionally the foreman has alot of advice and backstory on him about events in the wasteland, your just gonna have to dig in more to his character...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:08:56 am by Grampy »

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Mine Foreman Dialog
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 04:24:03 am »

I gotta say, this seems great at a first glance

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:09:12 am »

CHA 10 should have it's own special price. Say 70, with CHA 9 being halfway between price for 9 and 8.

Also: selling mats to merchants has to be dealt with, otherwise people will just go back and forth between NCR mine and  NCR raking in profit in a bot-like manner.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:38:09 am »

The maximum ammount (to my knowledge and correct me if I'm wrong) that you can get from selling minerals or iron ore to a vendor is 60 caps/unit.

I got these prices from Sho Enin @ NCR

Iron Ore-30 caps
Minerals-30 cap
Gun Powder (uses 1 mineral)- 60 caps
Metal parts (uses 2 iron ore)- 120 caps

If there are other vendors that give better prices, I don't know who they are. There are several that give much lower prices.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 11:59:11 am »

Lol just some good reason to start charisma build alting  :-\
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 08:10:09 pm »

Lol just some good reason to start charisma build alting  :-\
People already do that crap to get alot of gaurds at faction bases so why does it matter?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 01:47:40 am »

People already do that crap to get alot of gaurds at faction bases so why does it matter?
You do have a point, I might change the Charisma requirement to a barter requirement, or do both
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 02:28:40 am »

I think you guys are worrying too much. If someone wants to get rich by doing that, let 'em. The only problem I can foresee is people automating it, I don't know how you'd bypass that besides a cooldown. But then you're making it useless.

Maybe give the option to trade the ore for guns and ammo instead. You cash in five and get a leather jacket/pistol+some xp. I think people that are likely to farm that will find more efficient ways.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:32:08 am by Badger »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 09:40:39 am »

nicw ideea,the taxi alts can buy for bases,thy allready exist,no need to make other alt(taxi alts have 10 CH)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 25 queries.