"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 10:44:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Free For All Event #5  (Read 6686 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Free For All Event #5
« on: July 28, 2010, 04:55:49 pm »

Here is the topic to react about the Free For All Event #5. It is happening in the same map as the second and fourth FFA event.

Today's question is :

1) What do you think of the corridors that were added ?
These :

You didn't answer my questions of FFA #4, so I'm asking again :
2) What do you think of the wooden obstacles past the respawn area, meant to protect you from spawn-campers?
These:

3) Guards are supposed to be more effective now - are they?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 02:52:30 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Free For All Event #5
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:20:08 pm »

Taken during the event, a typical case where corridors are good : A group of players (red circle) camping the spawn exit, when you walk away you are bound to die (red line), but the corridors allow you to bypass them (green line).

My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 05:21:08 pm »

why u spawn people on building ? make more doors, becouse ' go down ' is impossible

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:26:10 pm »

I can't, spawn area is a map thing.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 05:27:03 pm »

The corridors were good. I can't compare it to FFA #4, but this time it was more like the Cathedral one, so it made it better.

The wooden obstacles didn't help much, but having the corridors as alternative entrance ways helped a lot. The problem that even really causes spawn-camping is that people are simply teaming up, a lot. People Doc and FA their buddies, factions still team up because there is too much communication to allow them to easily team-up.

The Enclave guards that were right next to the barrels at the corridor entrances made it very difficult to get into the corridor; one person is trying to get into the corridor as you do, and it just makes it so that we keep changing direction to try to find a different route. Also, about guards, one of them had a Rocket Launcher, I believe, so when that guard attacks one person, five people get hit...

Also, the fact that the super stimpaks give you negative effects even after you die... so you spawn with 10 HP, and then the super stimpaks kick in and you die ;p

Also again, I noticed many people didn't know what "cuttheveins" was, and kept lying there
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:09:40 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 06:11:56 pm »

Also the guards shouldn't shoot you when u're inside the building but in their range.

And I think a lot lot lot lot lot lot guys were on Jet all the time. How the hell?!

Ah. I forgot about plasma snipers with aimbots, shootin everyone getting into building
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:15:24 pm by Szarlejek »
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:26:27 pm »

The new poles added to allow you to "safely" run up left side or enter building on right side were very buggy. They were not wide enough so it's basically a deathtrap when you glitch and are unable to move.

I liked the new ones inside buildings to prevent as big of a slaughterfest.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 07:26:34 pm »

That was the first time I went to FFA event and I must say it was great.

About the coridors: The right one was always blocked by a camper. When I wanted to clean the path I was in sight of guards and he was not. So it would be nice to place one more guard to see into the coridor or make the guards not to shoot people close to entrance.
I adwise to make some "teleports" from respawning area to the northern buildings or cars.

And the last thing that disapointed me were those whining people who wanted first aid and doctor. If you have low hit points then go-die-respawn.

And I think a lot lot lot lot lot lot guys were on Jet all the time. How the hell?!
No need for a Jet when you have agility 10, Bonus Rate of Fire and Fast Shot.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 07:40:14 pm »

Many thanks for all the feedbacks, I've read them all and they will be taken in account for next event (Hell, usually nobody gives useful feedbacks, but this time it's different o/).
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 11:55:18 am »

I will post some videos soon. Err... a soon as I deal with over 1gb files made by bad configured fraps x)

Also I was listening to RHCP while recording so we have music in videos :>

Ok... now I'm going back to converting.

EDIT: Argggh... can someone recommend me good converter? I trying 4th already :P
quick EDIT: Ok it's better now. I will edit once and I guess last time tomorrow when vids will be on yt. ^^

(almost) FINAL EDIT: I've sent some vid on my YT channel. It should be here http://www.youtube.com/user/vilaz . There should be 8 videos. there was some legal problems with music so I used YT random soundtracks ^^. I messed up fraps configuration and forgot to turn off my mp3 player so vids are no perfect but next time i'll try to spend more time on it ;) have fun watching my mortal mistakes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:58:03 am by vilaz »
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.